Booing - Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

H T B

IF Howard stays, and IF he starts the first match, and IF he doesn't score before halftime, how long will the fickle many give him befoe they start booing him.

I remember the first game of the season last year against Blackpool, a game we could've and should've won, but didn't. At the end there was booing from a fairly vociferous group. That helped set the trend for the season.

Don't so it this year guys and gals.

Re: All New Football Rumours

IF Howard stays, and IF he starts the first match, and IF he doesn't score before halftime, how long will the fickle many give him befoe they start booing him.

I remember the first game of the season last year against Blackpool, a game we could've and should've won, but didn't. At the end there was booing from a fairly vociferous group. That helped set the trend for the season.

If anything it will be even worse this year because 'we shouldnt be in this division' and the expectation is we will bounce straight back.

Therefore if we arent winning within 20 minutes of any game this season the fans will get on the players back.

If anything it will be even worse this year because 'we shouldnt be in this division' and the expectation is we will bounce straight back.

Therefore if we arent winning within 20 minutes of any game this season the fans will get on the players back.

id definately go along with that

as much as don't like, i will never boo him or anyone of the team, it doesnt help matters does it.

however with the amount of money some people have spent on the club, i think people are entitled to boo if they want, i just wont join in.

This isnt aimed at you Scarby, but people who suggest they have the right to boo because they pay their money are absolute w*****s!

It is also interesting that booing towards your own team/players is accepted in football, but not in any other sport, some of which are more expensive to watch then football.

I wasn't one of those. But I think their judgement was right - they saw something was very wrong and effectively were pressing for remedial action. I don't advocate booing during a game but doing so after the final whistle after dire performances is perfectly legitimate and complaining here and arguing for player dropping/managerial dismissal is perfectly legitimate.

Trouble is the rapid arrivals and departures of Allen & Megson left most people with little stomach for advocating managerial replacement during Hollowman's reign.

Last edited:

This isnt aimed at you Scarby, but people who suggest they have the right to boo because they pay their money are absolute w*****s!

It is also interesting that booing towards your own team/players is accepted in football, but not in any other sport, some of which are more expensive to watch then football.

hmmm i dont necessarily have a problem with those who boo so long as they do it at half time and full time

I don't advocate booing during a game but doing so after the final whistle after dire performances is perfectly legitimate and complaining here and arguing for player dropping/managerial dismissal is perfectly legitimate.

Couldn't agree more

Some people would simply be content to wave their shoes in the air, regardless of the utter shite that is served up before them.

I thought that crowd last season was remarkably tolerant, given the continual pantomime being played both on and off the pitch

Couldn't agree more

Some people would simply be content to wave their shoes in the air, regardless of the utter shite that is served up before them.

I thought that crowd last season was remarkably tolerant, given the continual pantomime being played both on and off the pitch

so do i!!!

...but doing so after the final whistle after dire performances is perfectly legitimate and complaining here and arguing for player dropping/managerial dismissal is perfectly legitimate.

I agree that the point of forums is to vent your anger at the players and manager but would you boo at the end of a film/opera/show if you thought the performance was below par?

As i said it seems to be just a football thing that if the fans dont get the win or peformance they expect then they automatically boo the team.

Couldn't agree more

I think you will find that it is normally the 'fickle' fans waving the shoes in the air that then turn on the team and boo at the end of the game! :icon_wink

I agree that the point of forums is to vent your anger at the players and manager but would you boo at the end of a film/opera/show if you thought the performance was below par?

As i said it seems to be just a football thing that if the fans dont get the win or peformance they expect then they automatically boo the team.

I think you will find that it is normally the 'fickle' fans waving the shoes in the air that then turn on the team and boo at the end of the game! :icon_wink

to compare that with football is way out, if youre off to see a film the chances are you know what youre going to get/see but with football it can vary with every game

I agree that the point of forums is to vent your anger at the players and manager but would you boo at the end of a film/opera/show if you thought the performance was below par? :icon_wink

I do have some sympathy with your overall point of view - but that comparison is just plain silly (and I suspect you know it)

My point was, it was the first game under a new regime, and from that game forward, a precedent had been set.
IMO out of order.

to compare that with football is way out, if youre off to see a film the chances are you know what youre going to get/see but with football it can vary with every game

I disagree both forms you know what you are expecting and in both forms you can either come out with your expectations met or you are dissappointed.

I do have some sympathy with your overall point of view - but that comparison is just plain silly (and I suspect you know it)

Is it a silly comparison?

I know plently of people that have walked out of films/shows/opera/rugby matches/cricket matches etc because they have been disappointed. Strangely they didnt wait until the end so they could boo.

As I said it seems that booing of your own team is only accepted in football.

Last edited:

Protest is a hugely significant part of being a football supporter. It always has been.

Open criticism gets things changed because it makes people (whether on the pitch, in the dugout or in the boardroom) poo themselves.

At the end of the day, clubs only exist because of supporters, so it's in our interest to use the power of our attendance and our numbers both positively and negatively.

The only protest of note last season was a rather pathetic old fella wandering across the pitch waving his season ticket at Mad Mandy.

Apart from that, we were pussy cats. I strongly believe that had we broken a few windows and generally caused some commotion about the place, we may well not have sleepwalked into League One.

All we could muster last season was a bunch of pathetic halfwits yelling 'Huuuuume' every 5 seconds, whilst we lost/drew over and over again. Our crowd last season were extraordinarily supportive of those employed by the club. That's the approach of people without standards, and look where it got us.

Depending on the circumstances, booing can be positive and cheering can be negative. I look forward to abusing anyone deserving it from 15.00 next Saturday. If you've got any sense, you'll join me.

I disagree both forms you know what you are expecting and in both forms you can either come out with your expectations met or you are dissappointed.

I know plently of people that have walked out of films/shows/opera/rugby matches/cricket matches etc because they have been disappointed. Strangely they didnt wait until the end so they could boo.

As I said it seems that booing of your own team is only accepted in football.

how much does it cost to see a film?? £8???? bit different to paying over £300 isnt it

Of course it is

A football team is something you invest in for your entire life.

Regardless of any reality, it is something that you feel part of, something that you have been brought up with, and something that transcends any other form of 'entertainment'. It means far more to many people than simply ninety minutes of football on a Saturday afternoon

To compare it to a film or a play is really quite laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570