Booing - Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: All New Football Rumours

Protest is a hugely significant part of being a football supporter. It always has been.

Open criticism gets things changed because it makes people (whether on the pitch, in the dugout or in the boardroom) poo themselves.

At the end of the day, clubs only exist because of supporters, so it's in our interest to use the power of our attendance and our numbers both positively and negatively.

The only protest of note last season was a rather pathetic old fella wandering across the pitch waving his season ticket at Mad Mandy.

Apart from that, we were pussy cats. I strongly believe that had we broken a few windows and generally caused some commotion about the place, we may well not have sleepwalked into League One.

All we could muster last season was a bunch of pathetic halfwits yelling 'Huuuuume' every 5 seconds, whilst we lost/drew over and over again. Our crowd last season were extraordinarily supportive of those employed by the club. That's the approach of people without standards, and look where it got us.

Depending on the circumstances, booing can be positive and cheering can be negative. I look forward to abusing anyone deserving it from 15.00 next Saturday. If you've got any sense, you'll join me.

Do both the club and yourself a favour and just dont bother going :icon_wink

Last edited:

The only protest of note last season was a rather pathetic old fella wandering across the pitch waving his season ticket at Mad Mandy.

I'm sure that macfox will love that description :icon_lol:

Of course it is

A football team is something you invest in for your entire life.

Regardless of any reality, it is something that you feel part of, something that you have been brought up with, and something that transcends any other form of 'entertainment'. It means far more to many people than simply ninety minutes of football on a Saturday afternoon

To compare it to a film or a play is really quite laughable

well said:038:

Of course it is

A football team is something you invest in for your entire life.

Regardless of any reality, it is something that you feel part of, something that you have been brought up with, and something that transcends any other form of 'entertainment'. It means far more to many people than simply ninety minutes of football on a Saturday afternoon

To compare it to a film or a play is really quite laughable

So therefore to boo and condemn something that you feel a part of and means so much to you makes sense? If a fan has so much passion for the team then surely they would encourage them rather then boo? Would you boo your child because he isnt performing how you know he can?

As you know, i was merely stating that people pay just as much money to go to the cinema or show, yet dont feel the need to boo at the end if they are dissapointed.

So therefore to boo and condemn something that you feel a part of and means so much to you makes sense? If a fan has so much passion for the team then surely they would encourage them rather then boo? Would you boo your child because he isnt performing how you know he can?

As you know, i was merely stating that people pay just as much money to go to the cinema or show, yet dont feel the need to boo at the end if they are dissapointed.

its because lcfc do mean that much to some that they feel the need to boo and some fans can only give so much encouragement before they get fed up when they dont see the rewards, i can only speak for myself but something 'died' in me re lcfc after the past few seasons, it costs fans a lot of money to support their team and when they see shambles like we have over the last 3 or 4 seasons then i for one dont blame them if they want to vent their frustrations afterall the players are still picking up thier paychecks regardless of how they perform

If my child misbehaved, or I felt that he had let me down in any way, then I would let him know about it immediately

I certainly wouldn't sit back and inanely applaud him for it

If my child misbehaved, or I felt that he had let me down in any way, then I would let him know about it immediately

I certainly wouldn't sit back and inanely applaud him for it

As you know I didnt say he had misbehaved or let you down, i said he didnt perform as you know he can do, whether it be in sports or anything else.

its because lcfc do mean that much to some that they feel the need to boo and some fans can only give so much encouragement before they get fed up when they dont see the rewards, i can only speak for myself but something 'died' in me re lcfc after the past few seasons, it costs fans a lot of money to support their team and when they see shambles like we have over the last 3 or 4 seasons then i for one dont blame them if they want to vent their frustrations afterall the players are still picking up thier paychecks regardless of how they perform

there are two sides to the argument and there is no point going back and forth, but as i have said a couple of times it is only in football where fans feel they have a right to boo their own team.

I'm sure cricket, rugby and various other sports fans spend just as much if not more on their chosen sport and have the same amount of passion, but still dont feel the need to boo when their team loses.

Last edited:

As you know I didnt say he had misbehaved or let you down, i said he didnt perform as you know he can do, whether it be in sports or anything else.

Not performing as well as he could do would be letting me down, and of course I would let him know about it

Not wishing to be dismissive, but these comparisons are getting more ridiculous by the minute

Not performing as well as he could do would be letting me down, and of course I would let him know about it

Not wishing to be dismissive, but these comparisons are getting more ridiculous by the minute

It makes me laugh how you take one part of the argument, completely mis read it and then argue that it is a silly comparison.

I for one believe that you get a better performance from somebody if you encourage them then if you lambast them for not doing well, thats just me.

As I said to YV there is no point going back and forth over the same arugment, there are those that believe booing will have nothing but a negative effect on the team and those that feel they have the right to boo because they pay their money. Who can say which side is right.

I still think its strange that booing your team is only accepted in football

Last edited:

It makes me laugh how you take one part of the argument, completely mis read it and then argue that it is a silly comparison.

If, one day, you are fortunate enough to have children then you will realise that trying to compare your relationship to them with how you choose to support a football team is completely and utterly ridiculous - which is why your silly questions couldn't be asked in the way you wanted

It is almost as ridiculous, in fact, as comparing how you support your football team with going to see the latest Batman film, or something similar

Why you cannot see this point is really quite bizarre, but I'm pleased that it makes you laugh, anyway

As I said to YV there is no point going back and forth over the same arugment, there are those that believe booing will have nothing but a negative effect on the team and those that feel they have the right to boo because they pay their money. Who can say which side is right.

Who indeed

people who suggest they have the right to boo because they pay their money are absolute w*****s!

Who indeed

Did I say they didnt have a right to boo? No, I just said they are wankers, which I stand by. :icon_wink:icon_lol:

I believe that everyone responds differently to different situations. Some people become nervous and lose confidence when large numbers are cheering them. Some respond to booing with hardened resolve to prove their doubters wrong.

I want players at this club that can perform well in front of a crowd and that, should their performance be deemed bad enough to be booed, have the determination and mindset to go back out on the pitch and prove what he is made of.

It's called being a winner.

My personal opinion is that booing is an extreme reaction and is only justified in extreme situations and should be directed at the manager. He's the man that puts the poor buggers out there and gives them their instructions. If they are not up to it, then he should sub them or change his plan to one that they can actually achieve.

Last edited:

I believe that everyone responds differently to different situations. Some people become nervous and lose confidence when large numbers are cheering them. Some respond to booing with hardened resolve to prove their doubters wrong.

I want players at this club that can perform well in front of a crowd and that, should their performance be deemed bad enough to be booed, have the determination and mindset to go back out on the pitch and prove what he is made of.

It's called being a winner.

My personal opinion is that booing is an extreme reaction and is only justified in extreme situations and should be directed at the manager. He's the man that puts the poor buggers out there and gives them their instructions. If they are not up to it, then he should sub them or change his plan to one that they can actually achieve.

Mans gotta point.......But if i feel that i am handing over my hard earned rats to watch some pitiful excuse for a footballer wander around for 90 mins once a week and do nothing for the cause....while collecting thousands of pounds a week in salary i would like to slap them with my spanking paddle....

unfortunately this may be deemed as assult and i'd have to wrestle with the hardened lcfc stewards so a much tamer solution is to have a little boo to let them know their pish poor attitude/performance/whatever wont be tolerated!!!

Last edited:

I agree that the point of forums is to vent your anger at the players and manager but would you boo at the end of a film/opera/show if you thought the performance was below par?

No, but I'd ask for my fecking money back... And probably get it.

My personal opinion is that booing is an extreme reaction and is only justified in extreme situations .

Going back to my point, booing at the first game of the season, is a bit too extreme!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669