Bought from Amazon in the last 30 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

City Fan

Bloody hell. Tip for Babylon - keep your good, helpful suggestions to yourself rather than tell this bunch. Babylon tries to save people money, but instead of thanks in return he gets questioned several times, gets his financial decisions slagged off etc.

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Bloody hell. Tip for Babylon - keep your good, helpful suggestions to yourself rather than tell this bunch. Babylon tries to save people money, but instead of thanks in return he gets questioned several times, gets his financial decisions slagged off etc.

I'm sorry if that's what you think. I don't think it is unreasonable to ask for some kind of verification. There are whole websites full of urban myths which include claims such as this.

Babylon

So let us know when you've got your refund. I have got to say though that if this bloke has saved you over £1,000, you must have made some pretty ropey financial decisions in the past.

Thanks for your concern, but i'm always getting top dollar on my investments because i'll move my money as soon as a better offer arrives.

The £1000 has got to do with money saving techniques, what companies are open to negotiation. Loopholes that you can take advantage of, cash back sites, vouchers etc.

ie. I read on there about Quidco the cash back site. If you buy anything online, be it a tv or a cd, you can go through sites like Quidco and they give you cash back for going through the link. Last year I got back £300 from quidco alone... this doesn't even include the money off vouchers that are posted on his site.

eg. 10% quidco cash back when buying at hmv, also a 10% off voucher. So if bought something worth £100, it would actually only cost me £80.

eg. Read on there that when virgin media lost sky one they would do almost anything to keep customers. With his advice on what sky offers to quote my bill went from £105 a month to £55 including a service upgrade

eg. Take out a prudential health cover for about £25 a month. Get a free cannons Gym membership, worth about £40 a month. So you get £65 worth of health cover and gym membership for £25.

I could go on... and on... and on... but i'd bore everyone.

Babylon

:icon_lol:

That site is well known to many people I know and work with, and has proven itself over a reasonably long period of time - so I actually agree with you

With homer on my side the world is mine!!!!!!!!!!! :068:

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
Thanks for your concern, but i'm always getting top dollar on my investments because i'll move my money as soon as a better offer arrives.

The £1000 has got to do with money saving techniques, what companies are open to negotiation. Loopholes that you can take advantage of, cash back sites, vouchers etc.

ie. I read on there about Quidco the cash back site. If you buy anything online, be it a tv or a cd, you can go through sites like Quidco and they give you cash back for going through the link. Last year I got back £300 from quidco alone... this doesn't even include the money off vouchers that are posted on his site.

eg. 10% quidco cash back when buying at hmv, also a 10% off voucher. So if bought something worth £100, it would actually only cost me £80.

eg. Read on there that when virgin media lost sky one they would do almost anything to keep customers. With his advice on what sky offers to quote my bill went from £105 a month to £55 including a service upgrade

eg. Take out a prudential health cover for about £25 a month. Get a free cannons Gym membership, worth about £40 a month. So you get £65 worth of health cover and gym membership for £25.

I could go on... and on... and on... but i'd bore everyone.

Thank you for making it clear where the £1000+ had been saved; I misunderstood what you were saying. I therefore withdraw my remark about your past spending.

I'm still intrigues to know if this offer does apply to amazon.co.uk, the site that most British people are likely to use, or just to amazon.com. I am pleased that YV has copied the offer from the .com site, but try as I might I can find no similar offer on the .co.uk site.

I want to make it clear that I am happy to read money-saving tips from you or anybody else. I shall certainly be having a close look at the two sites that you have mentioned in this thread. But I have to say that I am naturally sceptical and prefer to have hard evidence of a good deal before I ever believe it to be true - I put that down to bitter experience of things not always being quite what they seem to be.

I apologise for any offence that I might have caused to you - it was not meant.

highland fox

:icon_lol:

That site is well known to many people I know and work with, and has proven itself over a reasonably long period of time - so I actually agree with you

Bollox..You work ??

Babylon

I apologise for any offence that I might have caused to you - it was not meant.

Nothing offends me anymore after reading Meltons posts on here for the last 4 years. :icon_bigg

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
With reference to this morning's discussions, I am happy to be able to confirm that these refunds are available from amazon.co.uk This is a copy of the reply to the enquiry I made this morning:

==========================================================
Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

The discounts we offer for items on our website do vary from time to
time.

Please note that we are only able to adjust the price of an order in
instances where less than thirty days have passed between the date
on which an order was dispatched and the time that an item is
reduced in price on our site.

Therefore if the price of an item purchased from Amazon.co.uk
decreases, in instances where less than thirty days have passed
between the date on which an order was dispatched and the time that
an item is reduced in price on our site, we will issue a refund of
the difference in price.

Please note that this does not apply to goods purchased from Amazon Marketplace sellers.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

I'm inclined to ask them why they do not advertise this. It has got to be a plus-point and I would have thought that knowledge of the offer would only be likely to increase their sales.

Last edited:

Babylon

With reference to this morning's discussions, I am happy to be able to confirm that these refunds are available from amazon.co.uk This is a copy of the reply to the enquiry I made this morning:

Thank you for contacting Amazon.co.uk.

The discounts we offer for items on our website do vary from time to
time.

Please note that we are only able to adjust the price of an order in
instances where less than thirty days have passed between the date
on which an order was dispatched and the time that an item is
reduced in price on our site.

Therefore if the price of an item purchased from Amazon.co.uk
decreases, in instances where less than thirty days have passed
between the date on which an order was dispatched and the time that
an item is reduced in price on our site, we will issue a refund of
the difference in price.

Please note that this does not apply to goods purchased from Amazon Marketplace sellers.

Thank you for shopping at Amazon.co.uk.

I'm inclined to ask them why they do not advertise this. It has got to be a plus-point and I would have thought that knowledge of the offer would only be likely to increase their sales.

You should just trust me Boc... :icon_bigg

bocadillo

Water Gypsy
You should just trust me Boc... :icon_bigg

That's the line used by some of the most untrustworthy people in the world!

Jeff

Administrator
Staff member
ie. I read on there about Quidco the cash back site.

I hate Quidco with a passion. They're making it very difficult for people like me to make a living, and could actually be helping increase prices for people that don't use it.

Has anyone got a link to the page on Amazon UK with the price promise thing?
I'd like to be able to advertise it on one of my sites, but I want to be able to link directly to it.

Babylon

That's the line used by some of the most untrustworthy people in the world!

Got my refund... not bad service at all, less than 24 hours after I asked about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669