Bought from Amazon in the last 30 days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babylon

If you have did you know they have a price promise. If the price of the goods you bought has dropped since you bought them in the last 30 days, you can contact them and they will refund the difference!!

I have just saved over £30 doing this on Christmas presents I bought.

"How do you get it back?

Amazon won't do this automatically, you'll need to go back and check the prices of the goods you've bought by logging into your account.

Simply visit your account and look at each invoice from the last thirty days and click on each item to view it's current price. Compare this to the price you paid and if there's a difference, copy down the order number and go to the 'Return and Refunds Contact Form' page to report it.

Step by step instructions

* Click on 'view orders placed in the last 6 months'
* Copy the Amazon.co.uk order number:
* Click on the item to see if the price has dropped
* Click on 'Help' followed by Contact Us, 'Customer Service'
* Once you've found the right order click on Contact Amazon, copy in the order reference number and explain you'd like a refund as the price has dropped."

I ordered one thing from there at Xmas, cost me £19.99. Just looked and it is now £33.89, I think I will leave it ta............. :icon_wink

Tis true, it's just a hidden thing they don't advertise much.

They don't appear to advertise it at all!

I've seen it on places like Money saving expert and other forums, all seem to have the same copy and paste instructions, sometimes these things are hoaxes and spread quickly so wasn't sure if it was genuine or not.

Bit odd that it doesn't seem to appear anywhere on Amazon's site.

They don't appear to advertise it at all!

I've seen it on places like Money saving expert and other forums, all seem to have the same copy and paste instructions, sometimes these things are hoaxes and spread quickly so wasn't sure if it was genuine or not.

Bit odd that it doesn't seem to appear anywhere on Amazon's site.

Funnily enough the martin guy who set up MSE was just on C5 and was talking about it. I'd imagine he has checked his facts!!!

Have you had your refund yet Babylon? That is the best test of whether the deal is true or not.

No, but he did give all his credit card details to the nice man on the Amazon help desk in Nigeria, so it's only a matter of time....

Have you had your refund yet Babylon? That is the best test of whether the deal is true or not.

Not yet, but the guy and that site is always spot on. The article was written by Martin who owns the site and not some spanner pissing about on a forum.
Plus he was talking about the same thing on C5 last night on his new money saving programme. There are people on there who say they have had money back doing it.

You have nothing to lose whatsoever, except money you could claim back!!

Not yet, but the guy and that site is always spot on. The article was written by Martin who owns the site and not some spanner pissing about on a forum.
Plus he was talking about the same thing on C5 last night on his new money saving programme. There are people on there who say they have had money back doing it.

You have nothing to lose whatsoever, except money you could claim back!!

he is very good at what he does ill back you up babs :icon_bigg

The extra £1000 I have in my bank thanks to his advice backs me up also!!!

:045:

With all due respect it is does nothing to prove this offer that you are talking about at the moment.

With all due respect it is does nothing to prove this offer that you are talking about at the moment.

It's your choice boc, believe it or don't. There are lots of people saying it works, and every bit of advice he has ever offered (relevant to me) has saved me over a £1000 +.

That site is the dogs watsits when it comes to saving yourself some money. Do you think he would go on national TV and tell people all about it if he hadn't checked his facts... the guy makes a living from saving people money.

That site is the dogs watsits when it comes to saving yourself some money. Do you think he would go on national TV and tell people all about it if he hadn't checked his facts... the guy makes a living from saving people money.

well said its his job afterall and if he was to say something that wasnt true then im sure the likes of amazon wouldnt be too chuffed and talking of amazon theyre being pretty savvy if the price promise isnt advertised afterall theyd have to reimburse their customers

It's your choice boc, believe it or don't. There are lots of people saying it works, and every bit of advice he has ever offered (relevant to me) has saved me over a £1000 +.

So let us know when you've got your refund. I have got to say though that if this bloke has saved you over £1,000, you must have made some pretty ropey financial decisions in the past.

Last edited:
well said its his job afterall and if he was to say something that wasnt true then im sure the likes of amazon wouldnt be too chuffed and talking of amazon theyre being pretty savvy if the price promise isnt advertised afterall theyd have to reimburse their customers

If it's not advertised, it can hardly be called a "price promise". This is not in the Amazon T&C's, so it is clearly a goodwill gesture - non-contractual. I wonder how long they will continue it if every Tom, Dick and Harry is after them for a refund on things that they thought they were already purchasing at a decent price.

So let us know when you've got your refund. I have got to say though that if this bloke has saved you over £1,000, you must have made some pretty ropey financial decisions in the past.

I think this comment is completely out of order. You have no idea what this relates to, and to make comment on how Babylon makes his financial decisions is wrong.

this is from amazon.com

Post-Order Price Guarantee

Amazon.com's prices for released items will change from time to time based on a variety of factors. If Amazon.com's price for an already-released item decreases within 30 days after we ship the item to you, we'll be glad to refund the difference in price if you contact us. Please click one of the buttons on the right, and be sure to have your order number handy so we can assist you.
This Post-Order Price Guarantee is subject to the following restrictions:
  • Applies only to products that have already been released. Products that have not yet been released but that are available for pre-order from Amazon.com are not covered by this guarantee, but do benefit from our Pre-Order Price Protection program (see section above).
  • Applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.
  • Item prices that are affected by a promotion such as "Buy one, get one free" are not eligible.
  • The price of an item after rebate is not considered to be the Amazon.com price.
also just read on the moneysavingexpert site that people have received their refunds

I think this comment is completely out of order. You have no idea what this relates to, and to make comment on how Babylon makes his financial decisions is wrong.

It is a statement of fact.

Think about it.

this is from amazon.com

Post-Order Price Guarantee

Amazon.com's prices for released items will change from time to time based on a variety of factors. If Amazon.com's price for an already-released item decreases within 30 days after we ship the item to you, we'll be glad to refund the difference in price if you contact us. Please click one of the buttons on the right, and be sure to have your order number handy so we can assist you.
This Post-Order Price Guarantee is subject to the following restrictions:
  • Applies only to products that have already been released. Products that have not yet been released but that are available for pre-order from Amazon.com are not covered by this guarantee, but do benefit from our Pre-Order Price Protection program (see section above).
  • Applies only to items sold by Amazon.com, and not to items (or prices) offered by other sellers on our site.
  • Item prices that are affected by a promotion such as "Buy one, get one free" are not eligible.
  • The price of an item after rebate is not considered to be the Amazon.com price.
also just read on the moneysavingexpert site that people have received their refunds

Thanks for bringing this to light, YV. Have you any idea whether the same applies to the amazon.co.uk site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566