Post Match Bournemouth 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may have been mentioned elsewhere, but if so, I missed it...

Has anyone suggested that our training has not been up to standard? Somewhat ironic, if true, with our moving to the best facilities in the world, but Nice complained about Kasper's physical conditioning and it is noticeable that we play well for 60 minutes.

We had little to be ashamed of in our first hour at Spurs and Brighton, but the capitulated. Forest had their best moments after the hour mark on Monday and again, on Saturday, we were in control for the first hour only for Bournemouth to breeze to victory in the closing stages.

It may have been mentioned elsewhere, but if so, I missed it...

Has anyone suggested that our training has not been up to standard? Somewhat ironic, if true, with our moving to the best facilities in the world, but Nice complained about Kasper's physical conditioning and it is noticeable that we play well for 60 minutes.

We had little to be ashamed of in our first hour at Spurs and Brighton, but the capitulated. Forest had their best moments after the hour mark on Monday and again, on Saturday, we were in control for the first hour only for Bournemouth to breeze to victory in the closing stages.

It's nothing to do with the facilities. You don't need any facilities to get match fit. It's simply about having conditioning staff with the right knowledge and applying it.

We prepared really well in preseason 2019. The fitness levels were excellent through the first half of the season but we started struggling in the second half of the season. Maybe our approach changed then. The next two preseasons were affected by Covid. Whilst I would say that we weren't properly fit as a side, there were mitigating factors.

This summer though is inexcusable. We had a full preseason where the club could manage the players however they wanted. We had a good mix of matches and they went away for a training camp. The squad is clearly not fit enough though. So many of them cannot play 90 minutes at a decent tempo.

Our gameplan demands high intensity pressing high up the pitch. The drop off as each game progresses is very obvious. Our full backs suffer most but just about every player looks like they're running through deep mud after an hour or so.

Dewsbury-Hall is probably a bit shit really isn't he?

I still have some hope that he'll develop but the excitement about his performances in the second half of last season have proved rather over-optimistic.

He was partly responsible for both goals yesterday. ****ing about losing his feet and giving away a throw in and not having the wisdom to prevent them taking it quickly until we were back in position. Then he should have tracked the run from the scorer for the winner but he just stopped and watched him run past him.

Apart from a genuine desire to do well for the club and a decent engine, I'm not at all sure what he offers us. His passing is mediocre at best. He doesn't really have any pace or creativity. Importantly, in the light of the mistakes yesterday, he doesn't seem to have the anticipation required.

I was a bit suspicious of how someone so 'old' could emerge as he did. He's 24 now and is taking 'late bloomer' to an extreme. Soumare is younger and has the fundamentals to be a much better player and we had Braybrooke on the bench yesterday who is 18 and far more likely to make it at the top level in my opinion.

I agree with the fitness concerns. We also struggle to create many chances. Teams probably decide later on in a game that we have no cutting edge and decide to have more of a go themselves.
A change in management is a must. Soyunco and vestergard need to be brought into the match day squads and we need to start again.

I still have some hope that he'll develop but the excitement about his performances in the second half of last season have proved rather over-optimistic.

He was partly responsible for both goals yesterday. ****ing about losing his feet and giving away a throw in and not having the wisdom to prevent them taking it quickly until we were back in position. Then he should have tracked the run from the scorer for the winner but he just stopped and watched him run past him.

Apart from a genuine desire to do well for the club and a decent engine, I'm not at all sure what he offers us. His passing is mediocre at best. He doesn't really have any pace or creativity. Importantly, in the light of the mistakes yesterday, he doesn't seem to have the anticipation required.

I was a bit suspicious of how someone so 'old' could emerge as he did. He's 24 now and is taking 'late bloomer' to an extreme. Soumare is younger and has the fundamentals to be a much better player and we had Braybrooke on the bench yesterday who is 18 and far more likely to make it at the top level in my opinion.
I always find watching KDH a bit like watching the Tasmanian Devil from the old Looney Tunes cartoons. It all feels a bit like everything is done at 100mph.

He WAS good last season, we didn’t get carried away

But this season he has been total and utter shite

I agree with the fitness concerns. We also struggle to create many chances. Teams probably decide later on in a game that we have no cutting edge and decide to have more of a go themselves.
A change in management is a must. Soyunco and vestergard need to be brought into the match day squads and we need to start again.
If Jannik Vestergaard is the answer you’ve asked the wrong question

He WAS good last season, we didn’t get carried away

But this season he has been total and utter shite
He was. He was superb. Unfortunately, he's been bang average this year but I'm not surprised. The fight has gone out of this team and KDH seems to be a playernthat thrives on being active and playing with pace. We just aren't allowing that.

We know there's a good player there, a very good player but he's being curtailed and his head has dropped.

I always find watching KDH a bit like watching the Tasmanian Devil from the old Looney Tunes cartoons. It all feels a bit like everything is done at 100mph.
But that's when he was at his best. I'd argue that this has been missing recently because we are so ponderous and that's why he looks a shadow of the player he was last season.

But that's when he was at his best. I'd argue that this has been missing recently because we are so ponderous and that's why he looks a shadow of the player he was last season.
In general I agree with you, but sometimes when he gets the ball it feels like he rushes a decision or a pass, that’s all. Not everything needs to be done in a whirlwind.

I think we need to play with 3 cb's. Personally i think vestergard is head and shoulders better than amartey. Hence inclusion in the matchday squad.
I agree. But **** a duck, it’s now come to choosing between Vestergaard and Amartey. We’ve well and truly been rodgered with a broomstick haven’t we

I agree. But **** a duck, it’s now come to choosing between Vestergaard and Amartey. We’ve well and truly been rodgered with a broomstick haven’t we
It’s rogered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570