Bournemouth Away Tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's illegal to resell football tickets in the UK. I don't mind people buying and selling via the forum, but only if they sell at face value or below.

Thanks Jeff, I wasn't aware of the legalities clearly!

Face value or below then would be hugely appreciated guys.

This was the game I was most looking forward to this season. Ground is 10 minutes from home and many of my friends are B'mth fans. We are rarely in the same league and I think the last time I saw Leicester there was a pre-season friendly when a young player we had just signed from Chelsea made his debut, one Muzzy Izzet.
Anyway, I couldn't get tickets either. The allocation sold immediately to ST holders and what was annoying was that there was no problem getting Birmingham away tickets, which had a similar allocation and is before the Bournemouth game (and closer for most of you). First time for a long time I've been unable to get away tickets as a non-season ticket holder, what's the appeal for this game??
In the end I've had to get tickets from B'mth and will have to sit with their fans, and I think most of those have gone now.
Good luck in getting some Uncle C,

the last time I saw Leicester there was a pre-season friendly when a young player we had just signed from Chelsea made his debut, one Muzzy Izzet.

Muzzy's debut was the infamous Sheffield United match.

Maybe you're thinking it was his first match after signing for us permanently, but it wasn't, as he'd played in other friendlies that summer after signing for us.

The last time I went to Bournemouth was for our friendly there in August 2003. It was my new car's first away match. I've still got the car.

This was the game I was most looking forward to this season. Ground is 10 minutes from home and many of my friends are B'mth fans. We are rarely in the same league and I think the last time I saw Leicester there was a pre-season friendly when a young player we had just signed from Chelsea made his debut, one Muzzy Izzet.
Anyway, I couldn't get tickets either. The allocation sold immediately to ST holders and what was annoying was that there was no problem getting Birmingham away tickets, which had a similar allocation and is before the Bournemouth game (and closer for most of you). First time for a long time I've been unable to get away tickets as a non-season ticket holder, what's the appeal for this game??
In the end I've had to get tickets from B'mth and will have to sit with their fans, and I think most of those have gone now.
Good luck in getting some Uncle C,

Thanks Speedy - I live up in Reading so this is a bit of a local one for me too!

Sounds like I'm going to need the luck at this rate...

You could always contact the ticket office and go on the list for any returns.

Thanks Speedy - I live up in Reading so this is a bit of a local one for me too!

Looking on their website there are tickets available to buy online, so I'm sure you could buy one if you're prepared to sit with the home fans. Most of the available tickets appear to be single seats, but I did find some groups of two.

Always enjoy Reading away. Easy to get to for me and you can park close to the ground but within easy reach of the M4 so you're away quickly after the game. Only problem is, we don't often do that well there!

Muzzy's debut was the infamous Sheffield United match.

Maybe you're thinking it was his first match after signing for us permanently, but it wasn't, as he'd played in other friendlies that summer after signing for us.

The last time I went to Bournemouth was for our friendly there in August 2003. It was my new car's first away match. I've still got the car.

You are of course correct. Memory playing tricks. I think it was the first time I'd seen him play and I remember thinking he looked a real prospect. Wasn't wrong.

You could always contact the ticket office and go on the list for any returns.

Thanks SJN - I tried this earlier but apparently 'the list' for returns doesn't exist / they refused to put my name down for return tickets.

Any advice on when the 'most amount of returns hot spot' could be before a game?

Looking on their website there are tickets available to buy online, so I'm sure you could buy one if you're prepared to sit with the home fans. Most of the available tickets appear to be single seats, but I did find some groups of two.

Appreciate you looking Jeff, thank you. Facing a 1.5 hour car journey there and back from Reading to be honest I would far rather have Leicester away end tickets and get to see a few familiar faces too.

My cousin is coming down from Leicester to make a weekend of it too, so we are crossing fingers that a couple of tickets turn up somewhere!

There are many Leicester fans going in the home end as far as im aware.

Thanks SJN - I tried this earlier but apparently 'the list' for returns doesn't exist / they refused to put my name down for return tickets.

Any advice on when the 'most amount of returns hot spot' could be before a game?

I'd give them a call every couple of days. The Thursday or Friday before the game is probably going to be the best bet I would have thought.

Is Jim still in the ticket office? He has always managed to come up with a ticket when I've needed it, even to the point of phoning me the day before to say he'd got a ticket for me.

There are many Leicester fans going in the home end as far as im aware.

Bournemouth away was my first ever away game. This one in fact: http://www.11v11.com/matches/afc-bournemouth-v-leicester-city-26-september-1987-122702/

I recall that we had tickets for the director's box (long story). In those days, we sidled up to the local police at the gate to the away end and said, any chance of swapping and going in there? No problem, they said, and let us into a lovely sun trap terrace behind the goal where we got sun-burnt celebrating a terrific win.

Can't see anyone being able to do that nowadays.

Is Jim still in the ticket office? He has always managed to come up with a ticket when I've needed it, even to the point of phoning me the day before to say he'd got a ticket for me.

He has been promoted.

The reason Bournemouth tickets went so quick is simple. It's a new ground for a lot of fans and it's a weekend by the seaside. Birmingham certainly isn't new and we've had an extended allocation for it.

It's a long journey for us London Brancher's because of engineering works. Train to Southampton then a 50 minute bus ride. It might test a few bladders out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566