Post Match Brentford 1 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas Frank reckons Tielemans' goal was a 'lucky punch' because he couldn't do it again....

No. 1. Stop being such a ****
No. 2. Watch his goals reel for us.
No. 3. You really are a ****.
Anyone remember that lucky shank in the cup final or that scuffed effort last week. He's a flukey Belgium bastard that lad is.

Did we though? We weren't great at all but Kasper had very little to do. I think they edged it in terms of the game as a whole but we had our own chances and were the better team in the second half. Let's be honest, it was a shite game.
You’ve said they edged it (correct) and we won, wasn’t even a draw.

So yes, I’d definitely say we got away with one there. You wouldn’t?

You’ve said they edged it (correct) and we won, wasn’t even a draw.

So yes, I’d definitely say we got away with one there. You wouldn’t?
No. Either team could have won, either could have lost. We didn't 'get away' with anything because I didn't think it would be a stroll in the park anyway. We won because we took our chances. They didn't.

we scored more goals and won

We hammered Man U
We won a long trip away game in Europe scoring four
We won an away game in the Premier league against a side people have been saying are pretty decent

Soumare and Daka have started to show what they can do. Maddison reintegrated into the team.

That’s a great week. You don’t hammer everyone in the PL and we’ve pulled out three points with two touches of class.

Any praise for Rodgers on here, anywhere?

I'll never not find this sort of thing weird. The 'LA Foxes' cheering us on at 6am their time.

Woooooo yeah buddy that’s what’s up!

Lets go Foxes let’s go!

I drank like 8 quarts of beer before 6am east coast time! Go sports!

Just watched the highlights on Sky.

Youri's goal was an absolute belter. The technique to hit that so well, so precisely and with that power! It was an absolute rocket!

And the second goal was some brilliant football. Seeing Daka burst in behind like that from a perfectly placed and timed Youri pass is something I hope we get to see plenty of. Daka really is starting to look like he's got the attributes to be a Vardy replacement long term.

Also the second goal started with a good, quick piece of distribution from Kasper, for those keeping note... ;)

Just watched the highlights on Sky.

Youri's goal was an absolute belter. The technique to hit that so well, so precisely and with that power! It was an absolute rocket!

And the second goal was some brilliant football. Seeing Daka burst in behind like that from a perfectly placed and timed Youri pass is something I hope we get to see plenty of. Daka really is starting to look like he's got the attributes to be a Vardy replacement long term.

Also the second goal started with a good, quick piece of distribution from Kasper, for those keeping note... ;)
He was distributing the ball far more quickly and directly today. They’d obviously spotted something with Brentford.

5393CD0D-F71C-42E2-803C-276942F1B261.jpeg

‘That was a bit lucky Youri’

Not the greatest of performances today but sometimes you will have games like this when you don't think you'll win but the team pull it out the bag. Good to see maddison getting his confidence back onwards and upwards for the foxes

Was one of those “weird” lads. A lot of us are expats and others are long time fans from across the US. We all attempt to keep in touch and have met up at most this fan fests.

I wasn't calling you weird. I was referring to the bizarre reality of having properly engaged fans watching us around the world.

To someone like me that used to go to Filbert Street with about 8,000 others, this world feels very weird.

Was only able to catch the highlights for this. Grinding out a result against a tricky team like them with one individual bit of magic and another fantastic team goal should do wonders for our confidence. I'm starting to get excited about Daka, if he can keep stretching defences and linking up with other players so selflessly we will have a great player on our hands.

I wasn't calling you weird. I was referring to the bizarre reality of having properly engaged fans watching us around the world.

To someone like me that used to go to Filbert Street with about 8,000 others, this world feels very weird.
I remember being in Portsmouth in the mid 80s. Talking about football in some pub & a bloke asked me "Where is Leicester anyway? Up north somewhere?"

From Portsmouth? Yes mate, it's up north from here. Jesus.

2 years ago I was on a video call with a bloke from Vietnam who only wanted to talk about Jamie Vardy & how it was his ambition to come here & watch us play. Any chance I could get him a ticket?

" LCFC...world renowned football club "

I still can't register it properly either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566