Brian Hughes?

Log in to stop seeing adverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOB HAZELL

Well-Known Member
MA has been after him before, now that Birmingham (Leics 2nds :wink: ) are releasing him, could he be a target? would he want to join? could we afford him? etc etc.......
 

LS6_Fox

Active Member
Very good player and would be a quality signing, however whether he'd sign on the dotted is a different story!
 

Malf

New Member
I would love us to sign him, we need to be ambitious, bollocks to the other premiership teams if we have a game plan he might want to join in.
 

Scowcroft

New Member
Reuser would be a good signing too, but he looks certain to go back to Holland.

Hughes would be just what we need - An attacking, goal scoring midfielder with a touch of quality. Although, as said by others, he will most likely go to a Premiership side..... :(
 

dave

New Member
Ambition, big promotion bonuses and i don't see why we can't sign anyone within reason who aren't getting regular first team action in the prem.
 

Malf

New Member
Scowcroft said:
Reuser would be a good signing too, but he looks certain to go back to Holland.

Hughes would be just what we need - An attacking, goal scoring midfielder with a touch of quality. Although, as said by others, he will most likely go to a Premiership side..... :(

I agree, very talented footballer. He was immense for Ipswich a few seasons ago.

Dave you are right, we need to be selling our ambition to potential players. We are a big club, fantastic ground and fans we can get some in.
 

Joe_Fox

Well-Known Member
dave said:
Ambition, big promotion bonuses and i don't see why we can't sign anyone within reason who aren't getting regular first team action in the prem.

Valid point, cheers Dave. If we are ambitious then we should be making some impressive signings. If we can offer the promotion bonuses, which I presume we can, then I would have thought some better than expected players at the club next year.
 

Malf

New Member
Joe_Fox said:
dave said:
Ambition, big promotion bonuses and i don't see why we can't sign anyone within reason who aren't getting regular first team action in the prem.

Valid point, cheers Dave. If we are ambitious then we should be making some impressive signings. If we can offer the promotion bonuses, which I presume we can, then I would have thought some better than expected players at the club next year.

We need to get ourselves abroad, that's where the quality is for fcvkin free.
 

Joe_Fox

Well-Known Member
Malf said:
Joe_Fox said:
dave said:
Ambition, big promotion bonuses and i don't see why we can't sign anyone within reason who aren't getting regular first team action in the prem.

Valid point, cheers Dave. If we are ambitious then we should be making some impressive signings. If we can offer the promotion bonuses, which I presume we can, then I would have thought some better than expected players at the club next year.

We need to get ourselves abroad, that's where the quality is for fcvkin free.

Latvia - it's the future.
 

BOB HAZELL

Well-Known Member
Ukraine - plenty of talent there, did you see that bird that won the Eurovision..... :wink: :wink:
 

Babylon

Active Member
He wasn't being released from his contract he refused a new contract!!
 

Babylon

Active Member
Malf said:
Babylon said:
He wasn't being released from his contract he refused a new contract!!

Yeah isn't his contract up though?

It is indeed... though as he refused to sign a new one i presume he has something bigger than LCFC lined up unfortunately.
 

Malf

New Member
Babylon said:
Malf said:
Babylon said:
He wasn't being released from his contract he refused a new contract!!

Yeah isn't his contract up though?

It is indeed... though as he refused to sign a new one i presume he has something bigger than LCFC lined up unfortunately.

I doubt it, Birmingham have pissed him about and he doesn't regularly get in. He has done more this season, but the season before he hardly got a kick.
 

Scowcroft

New Member
Babylon said:
Malf said:
Babylon said:
He wasn't being released from his contract he refused a new contract!!

Yeah isn't his contract up though?

It is indeed... though as he refused to sign a new one i presume he has something bigger than LCFC lined up unfortunately.

Possibly not.

With Bruce bringing in new players, he probably won't be guaranteed first team football. With Leicester, he would be more or less certain of that.
 

Babylon

Active Member
Scowcroft said:
Babylon said:
Malf said:
Babylon said:
He wasn't being released from his contract he refused a new contract!!

Yeah isn't his contract up though?

It is indeed... though as he refused to sign a new one i presume he has something bigger than LCFC lined up unfortunately.

Possibly not.

With Bruce bringing in new players, he probably won't be guaranteed first team football. With Leicester, he would be more or less certain of that.

I heard portsmouth were interested in him a while ago...?? Then again they are interested in everyone.
 

LS6_Fox

Active Member
To be honest I'd be surprised if he did sign for us, although it's not that unlikely. Guaranteed first team football, nice new stadium, not to far to travel.

Surely (like Dave says) we've got to be able to offer some decent bonuses etc...I guess we'll soon find out.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Log in to stop seeing adverts

Premier League

P Pld Pts
1Everton513
2Aston Villa412
3Liverpool510
4Leicester59
5Arsenal59
6Tottenham 58
7Chelsea58
8West Ham Utd57
9Leeds Utd47
10Manchester City47
11Southampton57
12Newcastle Utd57
13Palace57
14Manchester Utd46
15Wolves46
16Brighton54
17Sheffield Utd51
18West Brom41
19Fulham51
20Burnley30

Latest posts

Top