Pre Match Brighton v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's paid very handsomely to do his job.

I have concerns from what I have seen this season, particularly around key players and general confidence.

I think this is the medium to vent those concerns rather than at the games.

The time I don't voice these opinions is the day to stop posting.

I don't think it's confidence. I just think we're not fit.

So many players were knackered after an hour last night. We started with a back four, none of whom have had a proper preseason.

Only Ricardo and Vardy look in good shape to me.

Too many matches, too much international football. Plus, we've run out of gas for the last two seasons so I suspect that a shorter and less physically demanding preseason was about trying to pace ourselves better.

Time will tell of course.

I think there is a bit of arrogance in there too as our style now seems to be endless passing to bore the opposition into conceding.

Never used to be like that at the start of BR reign.

Saying that though, Napoli are one of the best teams in this competition though so it was never going to be easy.

Just means we can't really afford to drop and points against Moscow or Warsaw if we want to win the group.

Never used to be like that at the start of BR reign.

Yep. It was getting in balls deep from the kick off. Win the ball high up and do em. Maybe it's all the injuries and our shit fitness? Would love to see it return.

So many players were knackered after an hour last night. We started with a back four, none of whom have had a proper preseason.

Too many matches, too much international football. Plus, we've run out of gas for the last two seasons so I suspect that a shorter and less physically demanding preseason was about trying to pace ourselves better.

Bang on

Absolutely this.

And the injuries in defence aren't helping because it means we're having to already play players who aren't fit

Our best back four:

Ricardo
Evans
Fofana
Justin

Our actual back four:

Castagne
Soyuncu
Vestergaard
Bertrand

We’ve already had to settle for our 5th choice CB (and probably 10th choice pairing) in a few games. And our 4th choice left back has started several games this season.

Our best back four:

Ricardo
Evans
Fofana
Justin

Our actual back four:

Castagne
Soyuncu
Vestergaard
Bertrand

We’ve already had to settle for our 5th choice CB (and probably 10th choice pairing) in a few games. And our 4th choice left back has started several games this season.
And it's been a different combination in pretty much every game. Hopefully we will settle down soon with Soyuncu and Vestergaard. Has Soyuncu switch sides in the defence, I couldn't work it out.

I thought both Daka and Soumare had decent games they both grew into it, would like to see them feature more and more over the coming months.
Tielemans looked shattered and not interested, Madison is devoid of confidence and needs to remain on the bench.

We must pass the ball quicker and have a more direct style to our play, we are using 4 passes to send it out wide rather than using just one.

I wasn't able to watch the Napoli match but I find it odd that people are pouncing on Daka. He's barely been involved this season, we chuck him in against a very good and experienced european side and people are ready to say he's not the answer?

I wasn't able to watch the Napoli match but I find it odd that people are pouncing on Daka. He's barely been involved this season, we chuck him in against a very good and experienced european side and people are ready to say he's not the answer?

I wonder why he's not been played in the PL.

People desperate for him to start and then jump on him 1st game.

Yep, ‘it’s the way.

I dunno, maybe chucking someone straight in is a bit stupid?

It isn't 'jumping on him' to say he wasn't good. He wasn't. He was, in fact, bloody awful for most of the game. He may be a world beater but that won't alter the fact that he was garbage last night. As was Soumare for the first 60 minutes.

I don’t think Evans gets anywhere near our best back 4 anymore. I wouldn’t say Daka was garbage against Napoli. The fact that we barely played an accurate ball forward all night means any striker would have struggled to get involved. Yet, he was involved in the build-up to our first goal and was millimeters away from putting us 2-0 up.

I’d go with:

Schmeichel

Ricardo Vestegaard Soyuncu Bertrand

Ndidi Dewsbury-Hall

Lookman Ihenacho Barnes

Vardy

I think Tielemans needs a rest. He’s been a shell of himself this season. I think Dewsbiry-Hall could (potentially) offer us some creativity. Which we’ve been devoid of this season. In his two sub appearances, I think Lookman has looked good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566