Post Match Bristol City 0 Leicester 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Saturday set of results. Unfortunately it's Sunday here and I'm at work.

Looking forward to Friday's match.

Only 8 minutes of stoppage time were actually played. The reason the match went to 103 minutes is because the goalkeeper was down for 10 minutes in total, from 85 to 95 minutes.

Fairy nuff, cheers Jeff.

Dare I put all of my V cash on a home win on Friday, or edge my bets?

Dare I put all of my V cash on a home win on Friday, or edge my bets?

I think Middlesbrough are a tough proposition. Hard working, physical team with a fair bit of quality. We will need to be on top of our game to get a result. To go into Saturday in second place would be fantastic. I quite fancy the Posh to get something at home against Dull.

I think Middlesbrough are a tough proposition. Hard working, physical team with a fair bit of quality. We will need to be on top of our game to get a result. To go into Saturday in second place would be fantastic. I quite fancy the Posh to get something at home against Dull.

They will certainly be a different proposition to yesterday.

I expect them to come and park the bus in front of goal and pack the midfield out.

I don't think they will be that full of confidence to come here and go for it, what do you think?

They will certainly be a different proposition to yesterday.

I expect them to come and park the bus in front of goal and pack the midfield out.

I don't think they will be that full of confidence to come here and go for it, what do you think?

Agree. Think they will pose a threat but they will be more conscious of stopping us, rather than harming us. If we can stay tight at the back (which we usually do) and knocky et al. can weave some magic then there is no reason why we can't win. As so often is said, an early goal (for us) would be ideal.

One of the most pleasing aspects about the current squad is age. Yesterday starting XI averaged 23.7 years old. The futures bright, the futures blue!

Schmeichel - 26

De Laet - 24
Keane - 20
Morgan - 28
Konchesky - 31

Marshall - 21
Drinkwater - 22
James - 21
Knockaert - 21

Wood - 21
Nugent - 27

That doesn't include this lot who have also been involved this season:

Moore - 19
King - 24
Waghorn - 22
Vardy - 26
Futacs - 22
Schlupp - 20

One of the most pleasing aspects about the current squad is age. Yesterday starting XI averaged 23.7 years old. The futures bright, the futures blue!

Schmeichel - 26

De Laet - 24
Keane - 20
Morgan - 28
Konchesky - 31

Marshall - 21
Drinkwater - 22
James - 21
Knockaert - 21

Wood - 21
Nugent - 27

That doesn't include this lot who have also been involved this season:

Moore - 19
King - 24
Waghorn - 22
Vardy - 26
Futacs - 22
Schlupp - 20

That's excellent isn't it!

The media were absolutely creaming themselves over Villa when they beat Liverpool with an average age of 23, saying that Lambert was really building something, etc. But they're massively struggling.

We actually look like we're building something quite exciting here.

Maybe the young makeup of the squad would really benefit us if we went up?

I think they would really battle to stay up there.

Maybe the young makeup of the squad would really benefit us if we went up?

I think they would really battle to stay up there.

I think they'd stand just as much chance as any of the other teams in this fairly shite division.

Typically, at least 1 of the 3 teams promoted stays up. IF we were to get promoted, I see no reason why it might not be us. Therefore I never understand people saying "We're not ready to go up", as very few teams ever are.

I think they'd stand just as much chance as any of the other teams in this fairly shite division.

Typically, at least 1 of the 3 teams promoted stays up. IF we were to get promoted, I see no reason why it might not be us. Therefore I never understand people saying "We're not ready to go up", as very few teams ever are.

Yep, don't really see the difference between us and Norwich for example.

We'd add players anyway, as a bit more experience would be useful in the Prem.

Very positive looking at how young that squad is though. Didn't realise Vardy was 26 already... one of the older members of the squad! That midfield especially, I really hope we can keep hold of them all for sometime!

Yep, don't really see the difference between us and Norwich for example.

We'd add players anyway, as a bit more experience would be useful in the Prem.

Very positive looking at how young that squad is though. Didn't realise Vardy was 26 already... one of the older members of the squad! That midfield especially, I really hope we can keep hold of them all for sometime!

Thats the worry. If we don't get promoted, can we hang onto the likes of Knockaert, Marshall and Drinkwater.

Fryatt.You are joint 3rd in the 2nd division.You just beat a very weak team.You did not beat Liverpool.
I fear you are about to go into " Pogba,Redknap,Goalie to Real Madrid mode.
No team in our division is likely to prosper in the Prem without a alot of strengthening.
Yourselves and ourselves have made signings from Prem clubs because they are thought not to be up to it.
Over time money generally talks.
Bolton"s extended run in the Prem gives teams like ours hope but,I am afraid gravity wins in the end.
Still.Joint 3rd.The fans of Palace and Boro hopefully appreciate their managers for achieving parity with a team that has spent a fortune

Fryatt.You are joint 3rd in the 2nd division.You just beat a very weak team.You did not beat Liverpool.
No team in our division is likely to prosper in the Prem without a alot of strengthening.
Yourselves and ourselves have made signings from Prem clubs because they are thought not to be up to it.
Bolton"s extended run in the Prem gives teams like ours hope but,I am afraid gravity wins in the end.
Still.Joint 3rd.The fans of Palace and Boro hopefully appreciate their managers for achieving parity with a team that has spent a fortune

Which players in our starting line-up cost a fortune by todays standards cafe?

Pearson is working with the second smallest squad in the division and has significantly reduced the wage bill. Hull have bought players like Meyler, who are considered not good enough for the premier. We have bought Matty James, who Manchester United wanted to keep.

Neither of us have bought players deemed good enough for prem.
We appear to have bought a striker who may not make it.
I think if you look at the players who have entered your squad in the past 2 years they have cost significantly more than those brought in by Palace and Boro
Fortunately for Hull ,Palace and Boro they have managers who have gained promo to the Prem

Just for clarification Micky.Are you suggesting you have signed a player that SAF wanted to keep?
We will never do that and neither will you.
We are not Real Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670