Bristol City (H)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Profondo Rosso

We will win here and Saturday's freak performance will be forgotten.

Not a must win but interesting to see how players/ staff respond
I would like NP to decide who should partner Wellens in the middle then choose 2 wide men from Danny Gally Dyer and hopefully soon Max
btw hurry back Tunch
I fancy us to bounce back 2-0 Fryatt brace

I would play:

Weale

Morrison / Brown / Hobbs / Berner

N'Guessan / Wellens / Adams / Dyer

Gallagher / Waghorn

We need a win here as If we don't win I think we may start to lose more and more confidence and go on a poor run of results.

I think it will be 1-1 and I would start with -

Weale

Morrison Hobbs Brown Berner

N'Guessan Wellens King

Kermorgant

Gallagher Waghorn

I wish I could change the defence more but we have no options.

Last edited:
Anyone ever seen Luke O'Neill play? If we want to change things we could always put him at RB and have a Hobbs/Morrison centre back partnership.

I think you might be as well putting out the same side as Saturday and telling them to rectify their own performances. Sometimes works.

I hope that Pearson, Shakespeare and Walsh have spent today having a quiet serious look at the Forest game without any Milan interference. The reason I specify "quiet" and without Milan is that it may be that NP made mistakes which need to be pointed out by people he trusts and respects which should not be done in the presence of the chairman. It may be that some of the problems from Saturday cannot be solved until the transfer window.

I am sure that Milan was furious and no doubt Steve Walsh had an unfortunate time sitting next to him. I hope Milan has been wise enough to keep quiet after the game - the last thing we want is tension between chairman and manager, If the chairman needs a word it needs to be when the dust has settled. It is a wise boss who knows that when you are bursting to say something that is the time to keep quiet.

The Bristol City game comes so quickly after Forest that Nigel cannot afford to spend time on a rollocking - he needs to raise morale. However, he does need to make changes. The teamn that comes out on Tuesday needs to feel that it is not the same team that lost 5-1. I would prefer three changes since less than that looks as though one or two players are being scapegoated.

I was not at the game on Saturday and defer to those who were. However, presumably the central defenders had a bad day on Saturday and perhaps Morrison deserves a game in his best position. Again I am presuming that for the Forest strikers to have so many chances the fullbacks were poor. If Neilson was at fault there may be a case for playing Luke O'Neill. I am aware that I have only seen O'Neill for half a game against Valladolid but I was very impressed by him. I trust Nigel's expertise and presume that he sees fault in Adams play that I miss but I would like to see him start a game preferably in midfield.

At the risk of being called a Blue Mongie (and I always seem to fit the criteria) I have seen enough of Pearson to have faith in him and that the team and the chairman need to know that even if things go wrong against Bristol City the supporters are fully behind the manager.

Anyone ever seen Luke O'Neill play? If we want to change things we could always put him at RB and have a Hobbs/Morrison centre back partnership.

When I did my last post I had not yet read your comment and I ended up following your line.
Lord Chesterfield said "When I talked my best I quoted Horace." Perhaps I should say "When I posted my best I repeated Profondo."

Weale

Neilson
Morrison
Hobbs
Berner

Adams
King
Wellens
Dyer

Gallagher
Waghorn

I think Gallagher deserves a play in this one. I don't mind who else, but here's mine:

Weale

Neilson-Hobbs-Morrison-Berner

N'Guessan-Wellens-Adams

Kermit

Waghorn-Gallagher

Shows intent to win and maybe, just maybe, kermit will start scoring in this one.
Hesitant to say it, but 3-1? Kermit two, and gally

I've just seen the forest goals and am convinced we got done over by pace. As we look at our existing defence they all look rather slow and cumbersome. I can't believe how far Brown tried to back off for the third goal - he was nearly in the net by the end. The midfield also offered little cover for the terrible defence. We need more mobility in defence and midfield if we are going to cope with good quick sides.

4-4-2 Definately for Bristol

I've just seen the forest goals and am convinced we got done over by pace. As we look at our existing defence they all look rather slow and cumbersome. I can't believe how far Brown tried to back off for the third goal - he was nearly in the net by the end. The midfield also offered little cover for the terrible defence. We need more mobility in defence and midfield if we are going to cope with good quick sides.

4-4-2 Definately for Bristol

Do you think? :icon_lol:

Weale

Neilson
Morrison
Hobbs
Berner

Adams
King
Wellens
Dyer

Gallagher
Waghorn

I think Gallagher deserves a play in this one. I don't mind who else, but here's mine:

Weale

Neilson-Hobbs-Morrison-Berner

N'Guessan-Wellens-Adams

Kermit

Waghorn-Gallagher

Shows intent to win and maybe, just maybe, kermit will start scoring in this one.
Hesitant to say it, but 3-1? Kermit two, and gally

A new captain... Wellens?

Weale

Morrison
Hobbs
Brown
Berner

N'Guessan
Oakley
Wellens
Dyer

Fryatt
Waghorn

Subs: Logan, Neilson, Howard, Kermorgant, Gallagher, King, McGivern

Would really like to see Adams back in the fold, but it appears he can't do anything right.

1-1 Draw with Waghorn getting our goal.

Surely he's worth a chance after the fiasco at the weekend?

You would have thought so BM, but IMO he's been worth a chance at several points this season, and for whatever reason he's not been involved.

He appears to atleast be worthy of a place on the bench, so one can only presume he was caught shagging NP's wife.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669