Pre Match Bristol City v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been disappointed with Marshall overall but as above, shouldn't change a winning team unless needed though is a tad harsh on DD as he has looked very comfortable & assured when he's featured.

Another real good chance to close the gap though on the play-offs, well at least the chasing pack, as Brighton & Cardiff play each other and Hull & Leeds also play each other so excellent chance to gain another 3 points on Cardiff and fingers crossed Hull & Leeds draw. Draw in the other game would be great for us too but this is when Cardiff fall like a lead balloon.......... again!!

I would bring in Drinkwater. In the short time he was on the pitch on Saturday his passing was accurate and intelligent even when under pressure. He tackles and works hard. What does he have to do better in order to start?

Playing Drinkwater alongside Danns would give us tremendous energy in midfield. I would keep Wellens as he is experienced and technically better than Danns. Unless Bristol are seen as having a weakness at fullback I would only play one winger - Dyer - and have Marshall on the bench.

They do have a real weakness at full back- if he plays, Ryan McGivern is a real weakpoint. Play Dyer on the right against him and he should have a field day.

Bristol City are a very poor side. I saw them lose 3-0 at Peterborough recently, and they were abject. Now that Maynard has gone, they have no real threat up front. I understand that their current best striker, Adomah, will not be playing against us due to injury. What we need to do is to press them, rather than passing the ball sideways and then back to Kasper as we were doing on Saturday against Coventry. I think that, on average, they have leaked almost three goals a game in the last half dozen that they have played. If we have any serious thoughts on reaching the play offs, this has to be a win.

Bristol City are a very poor side. I saw them lose 3-0 at Peterborough recently, and they were abject.

Can a team be 'abject'? Not sure, wouldn't have thought so though

Can a team be 'abject'? Not sure, wouldn't have thought so though

I'm sure they can. But if not, I'm happy that an exception be made in this particular case.

Looking for a fourth straight win here - when was the last time we managed that I wonder?

That winning streak in Jan is turning into Sven's "Watford 4-1" moment. It's been written out of the history books.

We were shit hot during that spell. I had proper delusions at one point that we were going to wipe the floor with everyone we played. Then Sven shoehorned Bruma into the side and it all went belly up.

We were shit hot during that spell. I had proper delusions at one point that we were going to wipe the floor with everyone we played. Then Sven shoehorned Bruma into the side and it all went belly up.

Though that's very true, Bruma scored 2 absolute belters against Watford- and you could tell with some work he really will be a top-notch defender.

Watford 4-1? It cannot be written out, if it never happened! :)

It's a shame it never happened because if it had I would have been involved in the cross-bar challenge at half time and my final attempt would have hit the underside of the bar and I would have raced around the Birch with my shirt above my head and embarrassed my watching kids.

So yes, good job it never happened!

It's a shame it never happened because if it had I would have been involved in the cross-bar challenge at half time and my final attempt would have hit the underside of the bar and I would have raced around the Birch with my shirt above my head and embarrassed my watching kids.

So yes, good job it never happened!

And if it had of happened, I would have seen you do it and watched Mad Dog walking around the pitch giving extended applause to the fans before he got sacked the next day!

But it never happened, of course!

And if it had of happened, I would have seen you do it and watched Mad Dog walking around the pitch giving extended applause to the fans before he got sacked the next day!

But it never happened, of course!

If there had been a Watford match, MA2 wouldn't have been sacked the next day, he'd have been sacked four days later.

Rumours that Nugent is a doubt. Schlupp to start up front with Beckford?

When is Waghorn coming back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670