Brit Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ox Fox

Another year, another blander than beige Brits awards – here are the people making record company accountants happy:

British Male Solo Artist: James Morrison Jarvis Cocker Lemar Paolo Nutini Thom Yorke.

British Female Solo Artist: Amy Winehouse Corinne Bailey Rae Jamelia Lily Allen Nerina Pallot.

British Group: Arctic Monkeys Kasabian Muse Razorlight Snow Patrol.

Mastercard British Album: Amy Winehouse - Back To Black Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not Lily Allen - Alright Still Muse - Black Holes & Revelations Snow Patrol - Eyes Open.

British Single Shortlist: Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On The Feeling - Fill My Little World James Morrison - You Give Me Something The Kooks - She Moves In Her Own Way Leona Lewis - A Moment Like This Lily Allen - Smile Razorlight - America Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was A Punk Rocker Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars Take That - Patience Will Young - All Time Love.

British Breakthrough Act: Corinne Bailey Rae The Fratellis James Morrison The Kooks Lily Allen.

British Live Act: George Michael Guillemots Kasabian Muse Robbie Williams.

International Male Solo Artist: Beck Bob Dylan Damien Rice Jack Johnson Justin Timberlake.

Internation Female Solo Artist: Beyonce Cat Power Christina Aguilera Nelly Furtado Pink.

International Group: The Flaming Lips Gnarls Barley The Killers Red Hot Chili Peppers Scissor Sisters.

International Album: Bob Dylan - Modern Times Gnarls Barkley - St Elsewhere Justin Timberlake - FutureSex/LoveSounds The Killers - Sam's Town Scissor Sisters - Ta-Dah.

International Breakthrough Act: Gnarls Barkley Orson The Raconteurs Ray Lamontagne Wolfmother.

Outstanding Contribution To Music:Oasis.

:081: :081: :081: I hope that is supposed to be some kind of sick joke!

Seriously though, glad to see Bob Dylan, Beck, Thom Yorke, The Flaming Lips and Guillemots nominated, even if I didn't think much to Yorke's solo effort

Last edited:
I only wish it was :011:

Oh, well, they're better than Razorlight at least. If America wins best song the Brits will have sank to a new low, and that's saying something :icon_wink

"Dream" 2007 Brits

British Male Solo Artist: Jarvis Cocker

British Female Solo Artist: Nerina Pallot.

British Group: Kasabian

Mastercard British Album: Amy Winehouse - Back To Black

British Single Shortlist: Corinne Bailey Rae - Put Your Records On

British Breakthrough Act: Corinne Bailey Rae

British Live Act: Guillemots

International Male Solo Artist: Bob Dylan

Internation Female Solo Artist: Cat Power

International Group: The Flaming Lips

International Album: Bob Dylan - Modern Times

International Breakthrough Act: The Raconteurs

Outstanding Contribution To Music: John Cale

Nightmare Brits (i.e the probable winners)

British Male Solo Artist: Lemar

British Female Solo Artist: Lily Allen

British Group: Razorlight

Mastercard British Album: Muse - Black Holes & Revelations

British Single Shortlist: Lily Allen - Smile

British Breakthrough Act: Lily Allen.

British Live Act: Robbie Williams.

International Male Solo Artist: Justin Timberlake

Internation Female Solo Artist: Nelly Furtado

International Group: Red Hot Chili Peppers

International Album: Scissor Sisters - Ta-Dah.

International Breakthrough Act: Gnarls Barkley

"Dream" 2007 Brits
Outstanding Contribution To Music: John Cale

You've got more chance of Elvis riding into the streets of London on shergar. :icon_wink

And seeing as how Cat Powere was nominated for best int. female artist why not Joanna Newsom? :102:

You've got more chance of Elvis riding into the streets of London on shergar. :icon_wink

And seeing as how Cat Powere was nominated for best int. female artist why not Joanna Newsom? :102:

how the feck did Beck get nominated for international male again? it's like the 80s when Kate Bush and Annie Lennox were in the best female nominations year after year without actually doing anything

Looks like another year when there is quite a bit of worthwhile stuff out there but all the winners will be feeble and safe for The Music Industry.
Yawn.

how the feck did Beck get nominated for international male again? it's like the 80s when Kate Bush and Annie Lennox were in the best female nominations year after year without actually doing anything

Well, personally i thought Beck's new album was one of th ebest, but I alsop agreee with the above post, it does always seem there are some great nominations, but the panel always play it safe and just pick the one that sells the most

Nightmare Brits (i.e the probable winners)

British Male Solo Artist: Lemar

British Female Solo Artist: Lily Allen

British Group: Razorlight

Mastercard British Album: Muse - Black Holes & Revelations

British Single Shortlist: Lily Allen - Smile

British Breakthrough Act: Lily Allen.

British Live Act: Robbie Williams.

International Male Solo Artist: Justin Timberlake

Internation Female Solo Artist: Nelly Furtado

International Group: Red Hot Chili Peppers

International Album: Scissor Sisters - Ta-Dah.

International Breakthrough Act: Gnarls Barkley

Don't quite see why you have the disdain for the Muse album:102:

Sorry, just think they are prog rock for the Craig and Rosie generation.

Is that not My Chemical Romance,I've been to see Muse and there are very few if any Craig and Rosie types they attract quite a cross mix of audience of varying ages

Is that not My Chemical Romance,I've been to see Muse and there are very few if any Craig and Rosie types they attract quite a cross mix of audience of varying ages

Fair enough, sorry just not my :cup: HF

Hopefully James Morrison and Lily Allen will get at least one.

ps- Razorlight, Arctic Morons, Muse. All of them bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363