Brit Awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she is a loud mouthed bitch and her music is absolute horeshit but each to thier own

Must admit her personality is dire but i think she's a decent act, better then these dull, lifeless bands like the ones i've mentioned.

Like him or loathe him Morrissey has to be in there for Best British Male Solo Artist..outrageous:102:

Like him or loathe him Morrissey has to be in there for Best British Male Solo Artist..outrageous:102:

He would not cause any trouble, he would just wallow in the corner about how shite the awards are. The only season have got an award is for them to court some trouble. I think this is in thought at all awards, they have deleted the Urban Award this year, simply because not enough UK Urban acts were in the Top 40.

He would not cause any trouble, he would just wallow in the corner about how shite the awards are. The only season have got an award is for them to court some trouble. I think this is in thought at all awards, they have deleted the Urban Award this year, simply because not enough UK Urban acts were in the Top 40.

Surely these awards should be about recognising the best homegrown and international talent rather than just being a pat on the back for record sales? In the end that's why they have zero credibility it's just another marketing opportunity. Who casts the majority of the votes? why it's the record companies, and I think that's all you really need to know about the Brits.

Surely these awards should be about recognising the best homegrown and international talent rather than just being a pat on the back for record sales? In the end that's why they have zero credibility it's just another marketing opportunity. Who casts the majority of the votes? why it's the record companies, and I think that's all you really need to know about the Brits.

Exactly....makes me laugh how they say certain awards are voted by people. One award is voted on from the Radio 2 site. You've cut down the number and type of people who can vote and that's before the odd fiddle by the record companies. 31 of the 40 records in the Top 40 were from the Big 4 record lables whether this be in a smaller label they support or the company itself. I am sure I read Universal has over 20+ in the Top 40.

My predictions of who will win

British Male Solo Artist: James Morrison.

British Female Solo Artist:Lily Allen

British Group: Arctic Monkeys

Mastercard British Album: Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not .

British Single Shortlist:Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars.

British Breakthrough Act:Lily Allen.

British Live Act:Kasabian

International Male Solo Artist:Justin Timberlake.

Internation Female Solo Artist:Christina Aguilera

International Group:Red Hot Chili Peppers

International Album:Scissor Sisters - Ta-Dah.

International Breakthrough Act: Gnarls Barkley.

Last edited:
My predictions of who will win

British Male Solo Artist: James Morrison.

British Female Solo Artist:Lily Allen

British Group: Arctic Monkeys

Mastercard British Album: Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not .

British Single Shortlist:Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars.

British Breakthrough Act:Lily Allen.

British Live Act:Kasabian

International Male Solo Artist:Justin Timberlake.

Internation Female Solo Artist:Christina Aguilera

International Group:Red Hot Chili Peppers

International Album:Scissor Sisters - Ta-Dah.

International Breakthrough Act: Gnarls Barkley.

http://www.talkingballs.co.uk/showthread.php?t=16418 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669