Broken Arm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

I broke my arm last Monday whilst walking to work. I've been operated on and now have a titanium plate holding my humerus together. Anyone else had a similar injury? It still hurts lots but is getting better. Had to wait four long days for a gap in the theatre so that sucked. The pain before the op was ridiculous. Now it's rehab, the exercises are tough to do. Basically I'm just a bit down at the moment. :(

I broke my arm last Monday whilst walking to work. I've been operated on and now have a titanium plate holding my humerus together. Anyone else had a similar injury? It still hurts lots but is getting better. Had to wait four long days for a gap in the theatre so that sucked. The pain before the op was ridiculous. Now it's rehab, the exercises are tough to do. Basically I'm just a bit down at the moment. :(

Can we have an excel sheet charting your progress?

Not a bad idea, I'll get one up tomorrow.

Did you know most employers insure their staff on their journey to and from their place of work.
I assume you logged the incident in the accident book?

Just saying.

Did you know most employers insure their staff on their journey to and from their place of work.

Really? You got figures to back that up or is it just a wild guess?

Really? You got figures to back that up or is it just a wild guess?
I read my employee insurance details some time ago and I'm covered as soon as I leave the house until I return.
It's a blue chip company though, so many not be the same for all.
But since when did facts matter on here?

I read my employee insurance details some time ago and I'm covered as soon as I leave the house until I return.

What would happen if you tripped over the door threshold on your way out? Would you still be covered or would that not count?

What would happen if you tripped over the door threshold on your way out? Would you still be covered or would that not count?
On your way out would be ok because you hit the ground outside. On the way in however, you're on your own (floor)

On your way out would be ok because you hit the ground outside. On the way in however, you're on your own (floor)

Surely it would be the other way around. If you get tripped outside the box, it's no use diving into the box in the hope of conning the ref into giving you a penalty. Think of the insurance company as being the ref. Simple.

My broken arm from snowboarding two years ago:
Arm 1.JPG

X-ray of the pins I had in:
Arm 2.JPG

The last pin before it was pulled out (with pliers):
Arm 3.JPG

Surely it would be the other way around. If you get tripped outside the box, it's no use diving into the box in the hope of conning the ref into giving you a penalty. Think of the insurance company as being the ref. Simple.
But he doorstep is on the line and hence inside the box.
What if you cheat and there is no actual contact with the door step? Will video evidence be used? Can the door step be sent off?

It didn't help when my doctor (who was pulling out the pins) tried to pull it out in the wrong direction. He thought it was pointing one way until another x-ray showed him that it wasn't (and helped to explain why it was hurting me so much as he struggled to get it out).

It didn't help when my doctor (who was pulling out the pins) tried to pull it out in the wrong direction. He thought it was pointing one way until another x-ray showed him that it wasn't (and helped to explain why it was hurting me so much as he struggled to get it out).

Should've left it in there, it'd be handy as **** for carrying shopping bags and the like

Were you wearing wrist guards? I was talking to a guy in a ski shop who said that wrist guards are great as you break your arm instead of your wrist and that's a better option...

X-ray.jpg

The X-ray of my collar bone after I came off my bike biking to work, notice the bone was millimeters from puncturing the skin.

Only the 6th time I had broken my collar bones, was in a sling for around 6 weeks and needed extensive physio to free my shoulder as it froze.

Other injuries include broken ribs, twice, torn cartilage between the ribs, broken toes, a broken nose a broken metacarpal and a dislocated thumb.

I got a very nasty graze on my nose and cheek when, off balance and rather drunk, my flatmate pushed me into the arm of our sofa. It took literally days to heal.

I win.

Last edited:
Were you wearing wrist guards? I was talking to a guy in a ski shop who said that wrist guards are great as you break your arm instead of your wrist and that's a better option...

No I wasn't wearing any, although I realise that's what people say about them. I think that's why I never bought any of them in the past actually, as I'd read that they just push the break along as most of them are designed for skateboarding and not snowboarding. I am now the proud owner though of some pretty docker metal splinted wrist supports that are built for snowboarding. They're not a guarantee that you won't break anything, but they are a lot more supportive than most of the other stuff on the market.

I should probably add that I have worn a ski helmet and back support for a while, so I'm not oblivious to the need to wear protective clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669