Browser problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

From Gradel to Grave

One of our computers at work can't open the internet. I've checked the wireless stick (it works fine on mine) and reinstalled the wireless software just in case and checked using a wired connection.

Clicking on IE opens it briefly but it instantly closes. I reckon its a browser issue but we can't put anything else on without internet access.

Any advice would be hugely welcome!

Try running a a portable browser from a usb drive, such as http://opera-usb.com/

Check windows updates if it works.

It could be malware, so try running something like D7 (just the auto malware and it will download the needed programs) from the usb also
http://www.majorgeeks.com/D7_d6954.html

If the internet isn't working for any of these, we'll try something else.

Last edited:
One of our computers at work can't open the internet. I've checked the wireless stick (it works fine on mine) and reinstalled the wireless software just in case and checked using a wired connection.

Clicking on IE opens it briefly but it instantly closes. I reckon its a browser issue but we can't put anything else on without internet access.

Any advice would be hugely welcome!

Which OS is it? Do you have Firefox or Chrome or any other browser installed?

I've seen that with IE quite a few times. I usually fix it by taking the opportunity to install Chrome :)

Try running a a portable browser from a usb drive, such as http://opera-usb.com/

Check windows updates if it works.

It could be malware, so try running something like D7 (just the auto malware and it will download the needed programs) from the usb also
http://www.majorgeeks.com/D7_d6954.html

If the internet isn't working for any of these, we'll try something else.

Thanks for the advice and for getting back so quickly. If it comes to it I will try that some time in the next seven days when I have the time.

Which OS is it? Do you have Firefox or Chrome or any other browser installed?

It's Internet Explorer and there are no other browsers installed on that computer.

I've seen that with IE quite a few times. I usually fix it by taking the opportunity to install Chrome :)

:icon_razz If I could I would. I use Chrome on my computer at work and at home as well.

If you go into the Control Panel and look for 'Internet Options' and open that up, click onto the 'Advanced' tab and there should be a button labelled 'Reset' under the Repair Internet Explorer section. Click on that and follow any prompts.

If that doesn't work, then the problem is deeper inside Windows and it's probably time to be reinstalling. There is something you can run from the Command Prompt, but I'll leave it there for the time being :icon_wink

If you go into the Control Panel and look for 'Internet Options' and open that up, click onto the 'Advanced' tab and there should be a button labelled 'Reset' under the Repair Internet Explorer section. Click on that and follow any prompts.

If that doesn't work, then the problem is deeper inside Windows and it's probably time to be reinstalling. There is something you can run from the Command Prompt, but I'll leave it there for the time being :icon_wink

That did the trick. Thanks so much, Macky. You're brilliant! :038::038:

Anyone else having problems using Firefox and this site? :102:

Bizzarrely only on this site. :102: I do not have the no sidebar option, in fact no options only the default one. Still works in IE. :icon_eek:

In IE I get this

<form action="forum.php" method="get" id="footer_select" class="footer_select">

<select name="styleid" onchange="switch_id(this, 'style')">
<optgroup label="Quick Style Chooser"><option class="hidden"></option></optgroup>

<optgroup label="&nbsp;Standard Styles">

<option value="42" class="" >-- vB4 Default Style</option><option value="49" class="" >---- Green</option><option value="46" class="" >---- Blue</option><option value="48" class="" >---- Black</option><option value="51" class="" >---- Grey</option><option value="53" class="" >---- Red</option><option value="54" class="" selected="selected">---- No Sidebar</option><option value="47" class="" >-- Mobile</option><option value="56" class="" >-- Mobile 2</option>

</optgroup>

<optgroup label="&nbsp;Mobile Styles">

<option value="58" class="" >-- Default Mobile Style</option>

</optgroup>

</select>

</form>

In Firefox I get this. :102:

<form action="forum.php" method="get" id="footer_select" class="footer_select">

<select name="styleid" onchange="switch_id(this, 'style')">
<optgroup label="Quick Style Chooser">

</optgroup>
</select>

</form>

The style picker thing at the bottom of the page hasn't worked for ages, since the last update. You can still change them in your settings.

I got that to work. :icon_bigg Perils of ccleaner. :icon_bigg

I use Chrome and exclusively on this website all I'm getting is posts and posts of absolute shite, in-jokes and tree discussions. Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566