Browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
Opinions required.

What do you use?

Which is the best, which is the worst, ones to be avoided etc?

Advantages/disadvantages of each, please.

Use IE7, never got round to looking at others. But IE7's tab functionality doesn't work well - makes it far more clunky and slower than previous editions, and it's really getting on my nerves.

I use an up to date version of IE7
So was I until Yesterday.

Now I'm able to C&P from PremiumTV, was never able to with IE.

FF seems to open faster as well, but I would prefer to have IE back and working properly.

So was I until Yesterday.

Now I'm able to C&P from PremiumTV, was never able to with IE.

FF seems to open faster as well, but I would prefer to have IE back and working properly.

wouldnt know dont have premiumTV

FF opens 20 times slower for me

Im using ie7 at home and ie7pro from downlaod.com at work. ie7pro seems to have a lot of the firefox functions added to ie7, seems the better choice to me.

I've never been able to copy the text either.

if you are talking about text from lcfc.com then you need to highlight it , right click and export it to excel, you can then copy and paste it to any lcfc realted forum of your choosing!

if you are talking about text from lcfc.com then you need to highlight it , right click and export it to excel, you can then copy and paste it to any lcfc realted forum of your choosing!
I can't highlight it on any of the three computers in my house and neither through various routers.

I can't highlight it on any of the three computers in my house and neither through various routers.

ah bollocks your right, used to be able to on the old site. tbh hadnt really tried it since they updated the site.

Opinions required.

What do you use?

Which is the best, which is the worst, ones to be avoided etc?

Advantages/disadvantages of each, please.

• Firefox 2 is my main browser.
  • IE7 for some work web based apps that I have to use.
  • Opera 9 for one particular work application.
  • Also use Konquerer occasionally, mainly as a file browser on Linux.

For speed, security, portability, number of extensions & standards compliance Firefox knocks the shit out of all the others.
But don't forget, there's no rule that says you can only use one browser. There are dozens available and nothing to stop you installing all of them.

Firefox 2 at home, Firefox 3 at work primarily with IE7, IE6, Safari for Windows and Opera at work for testing sites we build.

Not as he already knows thats possible and wants to use IE

Are you seriously saying that it'd be easier to open the site in IE, view the source code, delete all the html tags and reformat the text than to just fire up Firefox, highlight the text he wants, right-click and copy?

When did he say he wants to view lcfc.com in IE particularly?

• Firefox 2 is my main browser.
  • IE7 for some work web based apps that I have to use.
  • Opera 9 for one particular work application.
  • Also use Konquerer occasionally, mainly as a file browser on Linux.

For speed, security, portability, number of extensions & standards compliance Firefox knocks the shit out of all the others.
But don't forget, there's no rule that says you can only use one browser. There are dozens available and nothing to stop you installing all of them.

mine too :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570