Browsers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you seriously saying that it'd be easier to open the site in IE, view the source code, delete all the html tags and reformat the text than to just fire up Firefox, highlight the text he wants, right-click and copy?

When did he say he wants to view lcfc.com in IE particularly?

He said he wants to go back to IE, I was just trying to aid that.

He said he wants to go back to IE, I was just trying to aid that.

I know what you mean, but it isn't like following a football team though, there's no reason to have just one browser and stick to that one exclusively.
If a particular site doesn't work in one browser, try it in another one, then go back to your preferred browser.

I know what you mean, but it isn't like following a football team though, there's no reason to have just one browser and stick to that one exclusively.
If a particular site doesn't work in one browser, try it in another one, then go back to your preferred browser.

I wouldnt disagree with you but Melton said he wanted to go back to IE.

inspector_gadget_01.jpg

Firefox here, on a Mac. I used it on a PC too. I can't stand IE, although I do use it to watch the LCFC videos.

Now currently running on Google Chrome.

If image is everything, then this is good. I like the tabs being right at the very top above the address bar. All seems very neat and feng shui bollocks.

Let's hope it performs as well as it looks.

Installing Chrome now, am concerned about it's compliancy so will be interesting to see how it fairs. Is it Mozilla based?

Installing Chrome now, am concerned about it's compliancy so will be interesting to see how it fairs. Is it Mozilla based?

It's open source as well and uses some of the same components. It's a kind of skinny Firefox.

It's open source as well and uses some of the same components. It's a kind of skinny Firefox.

So far not overly impressed. I can't find a place to set my history to 0 days for instance, basic functionality.

I've tried it but have gone back to FF. Would use it over IE though.......

Actually it uses Webkit, which is the rendering engine behind Apple's Safari. Webkit is open source.

Firefox uses Gecko, a different rendering engine, which is also open source.

Chrome may have a future, and I think that Apple and Google will work together on Webkit. I think it's more likely to harm Firefox though, than IE.

Actually it uses Webkit, which is the rendering engine behind Apple's Safari. Webkit is open source.

Firefox uses Gecko, a different rendering engine, which is also open source.

Was just going by what I'd read on the Google blog the other day, they are using components from Firefox & Webkit.

Webkit in itself isn't actually a rendering engine, it's an open source framework that Apple used to develop their rendering engine for Safari.

Webkit in itself isn't actually a rendering engine, it's an open source framework that Apple used to develop their rendering engine for Safari.

OK that's true, Webcore is the rendering engine, which is a part of Webkit - the main part for that matter, although I guess it's worth mentioning that while Webkit is OpenSource, Webcore isn't.

Anyway, Chrome does render websites identically to Safari, not Firefox, Mozilla or Camino which all use gecko. I don't know what parts of Chrome will be OpenSource.

just downloaded chrome. will see what it's like anyway. Seems quick so far, particularly reloading pages and in comparison with IE7

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670