Bruma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I've not been impressed with him so far but credit to the lad, he wants to stay and that in itself is an important factor. Something tells me he should be playing a bit further up the pitch than as a defender.

as a central defender, he hasn't been very good. as a midfielder, he was great. although it was only one game, maybe those two goals were lucky...i don't know. - great technique in both strikes though.
kind of reminds me of Hobbs. - Played right back/wingback for a spell and looked completely out of place, then got moved into the middle of defence and was a rock for the rest of that season in league 1 and into last season too.

wouldn't mind seeing Bruma here for maybe 6 months on loan next season but in a more midfield role/back up to Wellens.....someone told me they heard Sven say on the radio that the "best and most gifted player we have is Bruma"...so i suspect he'll do everything to keep him here next season.

as a central defender, he hasn't been very good. as a midfielder, he was great. although it was only one game, maybe those two goals were lucky...i don't know. - great technique in both strikes though.
kind of reminds me of Hobbs. - Played right back/wingback for a spell and looked completely out of place, then got moved into the middle of defence and was a rock for the rest of that season in league 1 and into last season too.
That's true. Hobbs was absolutely Canero at right back.

I think people are forgetting the cracking game he had at CB at QPR. Unfortunately people have made their mind up about him and blame him for every defeat even when he wasn't at fault.

I reckon if he came here next season he'd be a lot of peoples' player of the season.

I think people are forgetting the cracking game he had at CB at QPR. Unfortunately people have made their mind up about him and blame him for every defeat even when he wasn't at fault.

I reckon if he came here next season he'd be a lot of peoples' player of the season.

i agree, by his own admission he has struggled to adjust to the pace of this division after playing reserve team football. if he comes back he knows what to expect and we could reap the benifit.

You're right, he did play well there. One decent game for every half dozen shitters doesn't make him a good player though. It means he's a liability. He's certainly not to blame for every defeat since he's been here, but surely you can see he's been a very weak link in a lot of games he's played. That said, I think it'll be interesting to see how he develops. If Sven thinks we'd benefit from another season of Bruma in the team, I'm not about to argue with him - at last count, Sven's trophy haul was ahead of mine.

I'd rather he wasn't anywhere near our defence tbh.

As BM said, whilst he wasn't to blame all by himself for our poor form recently, he has been part of a defence which has turned to mushyness after a good run of games where some stability had done the team good.

If he's here next season, then so be it.(Not bothered if he isn't though!:icon_razz )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669