Burgled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear it Drew, I know how you feel after that scrote took my car keys and car. I was lucky in that they caught the guy and he is now in custody, and I am able to pursue compensation. I hope you have a similar result

Anyone have an idea how long i will have to wait to get the glass replaced?

My girlfriend noticed that the hob has been badly damaged as well where the brick landed and bounced, ****ers.

Depends whether your window is a standard size 'un.

Sorry to hear the news - I have never burgled but my family have been what I think is thieving. One bloke walked into our house and nab my Mum's handbag and then ran out. We got done abroad this Summer. ****ing horrible feeling.

My workplace got done the other day - someone stole the lottery money.

Last edited:
Depends whether your window is a standard size 'un.

Sorry to hear the news - I have never burgled but my family have been what I think is thieving. One bloke walked into our house and nab my Mum's handbag and then ran out. We got done abroad this Summer. ****ing horrible feeling.

My workplace got done the other day - someone stole the lottery money.

FFS Hazza, never admit that.

Sorry to hear your news Drew... the window shouldnt take more than a couple of days I would have thought as it would be a standard glass type (thinking back to my old job when I was having to get windows replaced on a daily basis)

Thanks for your kind words.

I'm really pissed off today.

Peopel keep saying claim for this claim for that, however i'm not that kind of person so don't really want to, but on the other hand i'm now down £250.00 becuase of my excess....

I've ordered an alarm today, that should be fitted in a few days, thats another £500.00

Costly exercise due to some pikey thieving ****.

Thanks for your kind words.

I'm really pissed off today.

People keep saying claim for this claim for that, however i'm not that kind of person so don't really want to, but on the other hand i'm now down £250.00 becuase of my excess....

I've ordered an alarm today, that should be fitted in a few days, thats another £500.00

Costly exercise due to some pikey thieving ****.
Yep, I had the same "advice", but I was glad I didn't follow it as we had a Loss Adjuster sent round to double check everything.

Yep, I had the same "advice", but I was glad I didn't follow it as we had a Loss Adjuster sent round to double check everything.
How can a loss adjuster know if you had a watch stolen or whether it was just lobbed onto the total to make up for the fact that they'll not pay you everything you claim for anyway? :102:

So they wont pay for everything i've claimed? Despite it being bonafide. Whats teh ****ing point in being honest.

How can a loss adjuster know if you had a watch stolen or whether it was just lobbed onto the total to make up for the fact that they'll not pay you everything you claim for anyway? :102:

He'll be looking for receipts, invoices, photos of the items you're claiming for.
He'll also be looking at how nervous you appear when asked about them.

So they wont pay for everything i've claimed? Despite it being bonafide. Whats teh ****ing point in being honest.
I received the full amount that I claimed. If you're being honest, I really wouldn't worry.

He'll be looking for receipts, invoices, photos of the items you're claiming for.
He'll also be looking at how nervous you appear when asked about them.
Yep, exactly right.
The one that visited me, checked that we'd had a replacement door and looked at the receipts that I had.

Nobody keeps receipts for everything and in any case you simply dont have receipts for everything you own. You arent actually obliged to provide them either.

Nobody keeps receipts for everything and in any case you simply dont have receipts for everything you own. You arent actually obliged to provide them either.
I now keep receipts for everything I buy that is of significant value.

No, you aren't obliged to provide them, but it makes a traumatic process a whole lot easier.

Its also their responsibility to prove you didnt own what you say was stolen not yours to prove you did. The term 'loss adjuster' is perfect, they try and find any loophole to adjust your claim in the favour of the insurer. Claim at least 20% over what you actually lost to allow for it is the common rule :)

Its also their responsibility to prove you didnt own what you say was stolen not yours to prove you did. The term 'loss adjuster' is perfect, they try and find any loophole to adjust your claim in the favour of the insurer. Claim at least 20% over what you actually lost to allow for it is the common rule :)
Claim for exactly what you lost, they see you're honest and they pay you full whack - tried and tested :icon_wink

My excess is £250.00 so i'm out of pocket and ****ing seething.

If i could move tomorrow i would.

My excess is £250.00 so i'm out of pocket and ****ing seething.

If i could move tomorrow i would.

Sorry to hear your tale.

It's the excesses that bug me with insurance. I've been hit from behind, whilst stopped, twice in cars and each time I've had to pay the excess then had to fight to reclaim it, costing me time, hassle and money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48