Burgled

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'll be looking for receipts, invoices, photos of the items you're claiming for.
He'll also be looking at how nervous you appear when asked about them.
But on the presentation of all items of proof that they were once owned I can't see how anyone can fail to cough up based on 'appearance of nerves'.

We had a loss adjuster come round to our house in Northampton when it was done over (while we were on our honeymoon).

I pointed to empty spaces on shelves and floors where things used to live, added on enough to the claim to counter the reduction they introduced for wear&tear etc and BINGO! I got a cheque that covered what had been robbed.

Everyone knows that insurance companies try to shy out of their obligations so where is the problem with claim loading just to balance things out? :102: I feel absolutely no shame in doing this.

Nobody keeps receipts for everything and in any case you simply dont have receipts for everything you own. You arent actually obliged to provide them either.

I do actually.

I've got a box full of receipts, invoices & instruction manuals, even for things that I no longer own, precisely for situations like this.

But on the presentation of all items of proof that they were once owned I can't see how anyone can fail to cough up based on 'appearance of nerves'.

We had a loss adjuster come round to our house in Northampton when it was done over (while we were on our honeymoon).

I pointed to empty spaces on shelves and floors where things used to live, added on enough to the claim to counter the reduction they introduced for wear&tear etc and BINGO! I got a cheque that covered what had been robbed.

Everyone knows that insurance companies try to shy out of their obligations so where is the problem with claim loading just to balance things out? :102: I feel absolutely no shame in doing this.

I agree, they appear to have no shame in employing people targetted on reducing claims. So why not act in your own interests?

I do actually.

I've got a box full of receipts, invoices & instruction manuals, even for things that I no longer own, precisely for situations like this.

Fair play to you and I 'try' to. You cant have one for everything though

I do actually.

me too.:icon_redf

I do actually.

I take photo's of everything of value and stick them in an online store...still doesn't prove I paid for them or that they got robbed.

Makes me feel as though I have something to throw at the Insurance Co. though

My excess is £250.00 so i'm out of pocket and ****ing seething.

If i could move tomorrow i would.

If they manage to catch the guy you will get a letter through the post asking if you want to claim any compensation, I whacked all my excesses on there, came to nearly £500 in total for car and house

I agree, they appear to have no shame in employing people targetted on reducing claims. So why not act in your own interests?

The way a member of my family (with no claims history) was treated following a claim due to the very very premature birth, at home, unexpectedly of their baby was totally insensitive. It wasn't exactly the type of story you'd make up in a fraudulent claim and they weren't asking for that much damage.

SOCO have finally been, the **** wore glove so no clues here.

However the cap we have may be a major lead if his details are on the DNA database, heres hoping.

I've decided that i am going to claim for the damage to my worksurface and lounge carpet as well now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool512
2Manchester C  412
3Aston Villa512
4Chelsea510
5Arsenal410
6Newcastle510
7Brighton48
8Fulham58
9Nottm F48