Burglers in Narborough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singth

There have been some burglaries in Narborough recently. Two weeks ago my mate came back from work to find some scrote had been in and nicked his XBox, camera and the leads from the back of his TV. They left his 42" plasma, DVD player, Sky box etc which led me to believe that they were probably kids.

Last night someone broke into my girlfriends Dad's garage. The bloke across the road heard them though and spooked them into legging it. He said it was four or five "lads".

I have heard of at least another three burglaries recently and that doesn't even take into account when my Dad's house got done over last year, then a week later another friend of mine's brother's place.

So anyone that lives in, or know's somebody who lives in Narborough (or surrounding area), keep your ear out because some little ****er's are eying your stuff up.

So anyone that lives in, or know's somebody who lives in Narborough (or surrounding area), keep your ear out because some little ****er's are eying your stuff up.

It doesn't matter where you live, if you have a house with stuff in it there's every possibility that somebody will break in and steal your things.

It doesn't matter where you live, if you have a house with stuff in it there's every possibility that somebody will break in and steal your things.

Oh I know Macky I'm not saying that this problem is exclusive to Narborough, just that right at this very moment there are some people who are targeting houses in Narborough. They may well have other villages too but I haven't heard about those, just five incidents in the last 9 months and three in the last two weeks here.

Whilst being generally hostile to islamists, I have some sympathy for the way they deal with theft. Cutting off hands seems a most aposite remedy. In addition to severely restricting their capacities to burgle, the junkies among them would then be unable to inject gear. Result.

Whilst being generally hostile to islamists, I have some sympathy for the way they deal with theft. Cutting off hands seems a most aposite remedy. In addition to severely restricting their capacities to burgle, the junkies among them would then be unable to inject gear. Result.

But this could cause financial meltdown in the 2nd hand glove and cufflink market

Last edited:

It is interesting that the countries that practice that sort of thuggery are also breeding grounds for the types of people willing to cause mass murder through bombings and alike.

It seems to me that thuggery begets thuggery and that cycle should be broken rather than reinforced. :icon_wink

The real punishment would come after you lop their hands off - they are forced to wear lace-up shoes!

It is interesting that the countries that practice that sort of thuggery are also breeding grounds for the types of people willing to cause mass murder through bombings and alike.

It seems to me that thuggery begets thuggery and that cycle should be broken rather than reinforced. :icon_wink

I don't think tough policies on law and order have any corrolation to a country being a breeding ground for terror. The causes of terror there are frustration born out of US-GB foreign policy towards palestine. When you deny self-determination, you invoke terror. We had it in Ireland (despite this being a 'liberal' coutnry) and we had it in Cyprus when it was part of the empire. Anyway, there are many tough regimes (on law and order) from the US to well beyond the west that are not breeding grounds for home-grown terrorists.

Last edited:
I don't think tough policies on law and order have any corrolation to a country being a breeding ground for terror. The causes of terror there are frustration born out of US-GB foreign policy towards palestine. When you deny self-determination, you invoke terror. We had it in Ireland (despite this being a 'liberal' coutnry) and we had it in Cyprus when it was part of the empire. Anyway, there are many tough regimes (on law and order) from the US to well beyond the west that are not breeding grounds for home-grown terrorists.

I have already demonstrated the correlation. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

There is only one root cause and it's not crime prevention methods.

Religion. No good can come of it.

I have already demonstrated the correlation. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

... But I think I've also demonstrated that what you attribute as a genuine causal factor for breeding grounds of terror does not have a thorough-going correlation in relation to the evidence at all... As stated, there are countries that are very tough on crime, from the US (that still resorts to using old sparky/lethal injection) to some far/south east asian countries that will throw a drug dealer in the slammer for 20 years as soon as look at him/her (that's if they don't execute them first). These countries are not breeding grounds for home-grown terrorists.

People in the west directly affected by crime (including those who know criminals - but don't approve of their behaviour) tend to favour a less than liberal approach to dealing with them.

... But I think I've also demonstrated that what you attribute as a genuine causal factor for breeding grounds of terror does not have a thorough-going correlation in relation to the evidence at all... As stated, there are countries that are very tough on crime, from the US (that still resorts to using old sparky/lethal injection) to some far/south east asian countries that will throw a drug dealer in the slammer for 20 years as soon as look at him/her (that's if they don't execute them first). These countries are not breeding grounds for home-grown terrorists.

People in the west directly affected by crime (including those who know criminals - but don't approve of their behaviour) tend to favour a less than liberal approach to dealing with them.

I think your post reinforces my point. :icon_wink After all if we take America one could call their foreign policy very thuggish and there have been bombings in Thailand and Indonesia. Out of the examples you have used I can only think of Malaysia and Singapore as exceptions to my rule. :icon_bigg :icon_wink

Last edited:
Remove the control and supply of all drugs from the hands of black market criminals and the problem of burglary will be practically eradicated.

Remove the control and supply of all drugs from the hands of black market criminals and the problem of burglary will be practically eradicated.

Save you having to lug televisions out of strangers house as well, Macky.:icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669