Post Match Burnley 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a poor quality game with the exception of Pope who was outstanding. I've watched Burnley a couple of times recently and they were much better than they were tonight. Maybe three matches inside a week was a bit too much for them.

The game was decided by us having quality options on the bench. Maddison and Vardy coming on seemed to scare the shit out of Burnley.

Fantastic result for us. Relegation firmly off the agenda and BR looking secure. Only concern was Ricardo going off early again.

We weren’t great tonight but we definitely worked a lot harder without the ball and we didn’t rise to their bullshit. Burnley put in some really heavy tackles in the first half but our players kept getting straight back up and just got on with it. No whingeing or tantrums, I like to see that.

Worked really hard without the ball, quite often that was dealing with the consequences of giving it away ourselves but still.

I’m very encouraged that we didn’t react to their shit tonight. They’re a vile team, with vile staff and vile fans in a shithole stadium. Scoring two lovely goals and Vardy reminding them that he has more talent and class in his little toe that their entire miserable club was beautiful.

They were absolutely ****ing awful, and it would have been a complete scandal to come away without three points

Thank **** for Jamie Vardy whose movement changed the game. We would not have won without him, and that’s a fact

As soon as Daka went off and Vardy came on, our movement was so, so much better. I said last week that we are toothless up front without him and the proof is in the pudding. Unless Daka gets about a thousand percent better than he is now, we will still be looking for. JV successor.
Just remember how long it took JV to get up to speed in the Premier League. I think that both Daka and Soumare might well surprise everybody next season. Those last 20 inutes were a demonstration of our potential post Tielemans. Let's get 50m for him and strengthen the squad. By the way, I thought that KDH was massive tonight . In the first half, I thought that he was playing a front two with Daka. In the second, when Maddison came on, he took more of a defensive roll and absolutely worked his butt off.

More importantly, Timmy & His Magic Stick are into the semi finals of the KO Cup, after a 5-1 win. Great night.

Full game is on at 22:15 on SS1 fir anyone who didn’t see it or for those that want to see that **** Ian Woan‘s face when we score our second.

Just remember how long it took JV to get up to speed in the Premier League. I think that both Daka and Soumare might well surprise everybody next season. Those last 20 inutes were a demonstration of our potential post Tielemans. Let's get 50m for him and strengthen the squad. By the way, I thought that KDH was massive tonight . In the first half, I thought that he was playing a front two with Daka. In the second, when Maddison came on, he took more of a defensive roll and absolutely worked his butt off.
This comparison has been made before. I don’t buy it. Vardy didn’t look as poor as Daka. I am happy to give him more time but he shouldn’t be starting games at all. Comparisons to Musa and Slimani are more apt than to Vardy. If I had a quid for every time someone said they would come good I’d have done alright.

Was there a reason that the PL feed kept cutting to their mutant ginger bollock of a manager? I was watching with the sound off.

Was there a reason that the PL feed kept cutting to their mutant ginger bollock of a manager? I was watching with the sound off.
It was for the ’Spot the ****’ competition.

I saw Steve Stone first so I got the answer wrong.

I thought Soyuncu was outstanding.

Dewsbury-hall, Amartey and Barnes also good.

Maddison and Sir Vards stole it though. Lovely jubbly.

This comparison has been made before. I don’t buy it. Vardy didn’t look as poor as Daka. I am happy to give him more time but he shouldn’t be starting games at all. Comparisons to Musa and Slimani are more apt than to Vardy. If I had a quid for every time someone said they would come good I’d have done alright.

There's some football ability in Daka. We've seen some already. I think he's a bit shit but won't write him off just yet....could be half decent. Soumare though... it'll be a ****ing miracle if he's not always shite.

To give him some credit, I thought the ref was good tonight. Except of course Dewsbury-Hall getting penalised for being headbutted.

We can't be far off a time when Ricardo, Justin, Fofana and Castagne will be back in the same squad. If they all come back there will have to be a standing ovation.

Daka is a quality striker, he is miles better than Vardy was in his first season here. I can see him going on to score many Premier League goals.

It looked like an inevitably classic last minute Burnley snatch and grab 1-0 handball controversial gutwrencher but thank the Lord for Maddison. Great to see Vards back and on another day we would have been several up already; Pope was excellent and kept them in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566