Post Match Burnley 1 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must say I've been really impressed by Nugent so far this season.

He's been fantastic, really goes to show what playing a player in his correct position will do. Not that he was bad for Portsmouth necessarily either.. 14 goals from out wide is no bad return - I don't know what the **** them lot were smoking when they said he was shit.

Good solid away performance, we played a traditional 4-4-2 and looked all the more comfortable for it. We played with genuine width and also looked to a have a good shape, however we are a long long way from the team that was nailed on favourites. Interesting that Stowell and Rudkin had three of Pearsons old guard in midfield plus Howard up front, despite the millions spent!!!! Nuge, Bamba and Gally the stand out players for me whilst Danns considering he had a point to prove and an opportunity was very disappointing.

If your refering to the fact I spelt his name wrong first time then bravo ! I thought I changed it in time :D

If you literally just don't know who he is then; plays for Sunderland - Roy Keane always signs him!

It was a genuine question. I thought you probably meant Jack Colback but since you got both of his names wrong, I thought maybe you were actually talking about some other person and I was the silly one for having never heard of him.

But yes, I have heard of Jack Colback.

Don't worry Kingy, even so called proper journalists get names wrong...

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...2nd_Nightlead.html&TEAMHD=nationwide1&BID=360

Caretaker-manager Mike Howell believes that a 'great template' awaits the next permanent Leicester boss after witnessing a convincing 3-1 victory over an out-of-sorts Burnley in the npower Championship at Turf Moor.

David Nugent scored the go-ahead against the club where he spent a successful season on loan, after Paul Konchesky's early goal had been cancelled out by Ross Wallace.

Nugent, who scored six goals for the Clarets while on loan from Portsmouth, nodded home shortly after the interval after good work from Paul Gallagher.

And the former Blackburn man would wrap up all three points from the penalty spot after Andre Amougou was adjudged to have fouled Andy King in the area.

The victory not only represents a first, and most probably last, under the temporary management of Howell and academy chief Jon Rudkin, but moves the Foxes up to eighth place.

Howell said: "We're extremely pleased. It's hard work getting three points in this division.

"To a man they were absolutely fantastic, excellent.

"There's potentially a fantastic squad here, a great template. It's got everything there in place for the right man to take on."

The club's Thailand-based owners Asia Football Investments dismissed former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson after a 3-0 home defeat to Millwall and have communicated their desire to have a new face in charge before Sunday's visit of Leeds.

Howell added: "Winning games is the best feeling in the world. The players want to win and do well for Leicester City and we're very pleased with what they've given us."

Asked about the importance of Nugent to the victory, Rudkin deferred his praise to the collective.

He said: "All 11, I mean, all 16 have contributed tonight.

"It's a very, very good group of players who are determined to get this club back to the Premier League."

That's obviously a stock report. And in this case it's a terrible one. AP maybe?

Not sure what group provides reports for the sites on that side of the Atlantic. Opta and AP would be my guesses.

I think it's the Press Association. They're certainly responsible for most of the text commentaries and live stats.

Cheers. I've often wondered. Associated Press partner with Stats Inc over here. They've completely cornered the market.

Last edited:
Great result, enjoyed this one. Listened to the Burnley commentary it made all the difference.

To echo the "No No No Keane" please nooooooo. He might tick the owners box on commercial PR spin overseas, but what'll that be worth when the team have the life bullied out of em. We need someone who knows the league and can offer stability.. success or failure Keano will be off.

Last edited:
Great result, enjoyed this one. Listened to the Burnley commentary it made all the difference.

To echo the "No No No Keane" please nooooooo. He might tick the owners box on commercial PR spin overseas, but what'll that be worth when the team have the life bullied out of em. We need someone who knows the league and can offer stability.. success or failure Keano will be off.

The owners have said they're not bothered about overseas, do people not listen?

The owners have said they're not bothered about overseas, do people not listen?

Not to owners, if they've got any sense. Mandaric is probably the best at telling monstrous fibs - but none seem particularly troubled by the truth.

Don't you just hate it when you watch the goals back and they are nowhere near as good as described on radio leicester

The keeper had a howler with Koncheskys

Don't you just hate it when you watch the goals back and they are nowhere near as good as described on radio leicester

The keeper had a howler with Koncheskys

To be fair to them though they only see it in a split second. Kings goal at West Ham on Sat was sublime. I was right behind the goal and the accuracy of his shot was immense. Watched it the following morning and it just looked like a good goal, the sort of goal you'll see another 5 of over the weekend at other games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669