Post Match Burnley 1 Leicester 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't you just hate it when you watch the goals back and they are nowhere near as good as described on radio leicester

The keeper had a howler with Koncheskys

I don't think their goalie stood a chance with it; the deflection left him helpless. If you're looking for a goalkeeper howler, you need to look no further than Schmeichel's punch.

Beautiful goal by Nugent though - cracking header! The SkySports commentator said it was King who was blocked for the pen; other reports have said it was Wellens.

Last edited:
Were not there yet but the formation suited us (2 wide midfielders), not comfortable with excessive long balls (but suits Howard. For me Gally was MOTM closely followed by Mills.
Other good performers Bamba Wellens (second half) and Nugent. King was pretty quiet , i also felt Danns didnt take his opportunity. Good and welcome 3pts , onwards and upwards. Annoyed by Burnley forums slagging our fans, ok only 500 (tuesday night roadworks etc), but completely outsang the home crowd and more importantly went home the happier (btw how many would they bring to KP on a tuesday night?) feck em

Sven supporter of course...but he wouldn't have picked this side given 50 chances and we got our first away win in 6 games.

Perhaps he was making some bad decisions.

Sven supporter of course...but he wouldn't have picked this side given 50 chances and we got our first away win in 6 games.

Perhaps he was making some bad decisions.

As well as the selection, we actually went away from home and attacked. Yeah we got opened up a few times, but we pulled off a fine win in the end.

Saw the Konch goal on East Midlands Sports report this morning. An absolute cracker and you could not really fault the keeper it was just too hard and swerving.

... especially when it hit the defender on its way past him.

I don't think their goalie stood a chance with it; the deflection left him helpless. If you're looking for a goalkeeper howler, you need to look no further than Schmeichel's punch.

Beautiful goal by Nugent though - cracking header! The SkySports commentator said it was King who was blocked for the pen; other reports have said it was Wellens.

It was Wellens, he went on a sublime run before jumping into a player and falling over!

Agree totally with Ted and miles away, Sven would never have picked that team, shape or formation and that for me justified the decision to remove him from his post, because despite over 12 months and countless millions spent he had not grasped the basics required to consistently win and grind out results in this league. His signing of backfire was pointless when we already have Nugent, Vassell and Schlupp who play that role whilst he failed to sign a younger Steve Howard or a winger is beyond all belief. Under Sven we were unbalanced.

Also Tuesday night proved we can mix it and play a flat 4 in midfield, whilst King didn't look like scoring, he actually thought he played with discipline and maturity, reworked tirelessly for the team and did some really good defensive work, also whilst Danns had a poor game he did work well within the team pattern and deserves credit for his contribution to the game plan.

Last edited:
Given his recent performances at the club I took it as a rather witty play on words.

Me too. And I was about to congratulate PFKAKTF. But now we know it was just his ipad...

Bah!

I've not been Gallaghers biggest fan by any means, but I have to say that his cross for Nugents Goals was absolute quality. Well done PG I hope you can keep putting crosses like that in the box because Nugent is absolute quality, a lot lot better than I ever thought he was.

I've not been Gallaghers biggest fan by any means, but I have to say that his cross for Nugents Goals was absolute quality. Well done PG I hope you can keep putting crosses like that in the box because Nugent is absolute quality, a lot lot better than I ever thought he was.

I have a mea culpa moment vis-a-vis Nugent as well. Lot better than I had expected. :icon_redf :icon_razz

Was a fantastic ball, he needs to keep them coming if he's selected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669