Post Match Burnley 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously it’s all about perception; but I think Barnes was our best player today.

I thought Mendy did well. We obviously lack Wilf’s height and physical presence. But I think Mendy should keep that spot while Wilf is out.

Perez is not a wide right player. And the sooner Brendan realizes/accepts this the better it will be for everyone, including Perez.

Why oh why does Maddison always need 2/3 touches before a pass or shot? He’s obviously a very talented player so I’m not going to jump on him and say anything different. But this is such an obvious improvement he c/should make and it has been so for a long time.

Since his break from the team Vardy has been nothing like his usual self. He will (and should) always start. But both he and those around him need to step up their games quickly.

Brendan has to find a system that gets Ihenacho a start. He looked lively again when he came on. And he’s the only one who’s currently in decent scoring form.

I don’t think Dennis Praet is ever likely to steal the show with his performance but I thought he didwell today and could be a very good player for us.

Our performance deserve three points and this isn’t why we lost. But surely that was a handball by Mee. Aren’t those the sort of incidents that VAR was introduced for? And if VAR did look at it, how the hell was it not a penalty?

Something needs to spark this team and quick. They haven’t turned in to bad players or a bad team, but that is exactly what we have been playing like for too long. No wins against Norwich, Villa (Cup), Southampton, and Burnley is unacceptable in any season. It sure as heck isn’t good enough for a team with top four aspirations. The problem is that is easy to say and hard to do. I have no idea what starting 11 or formation is best.

I’d be tempted to start Gray and Albrighton and have two actual wingers playing on the wing. And play two up front. But then if we get overrun in midfield that would be deemed a silly selection. I also like the idea of Ricardo playing higher up and Justin starting at full back.

Perhaps we need the spark of a signing who could go straight in to the first 11. Easier said than done obviously, but a top drawer winger would be a very welcome addition.

My post should have said, our performance didn’t deserve three points.

Maddison needs a special training regime, its a shooting drill, if he takes a touch Caglar smashes him, first time he gets to live

So we’ve got young players showing poor discipline at training, paired with a sharp downward turn in performance from our best players. No real sense of our best 11.

We also appear to lack urgency and bollocks in game.

No signs of incoming signings.

We are at a big inflection point for Rodgers. These performances and bits of discipline continue and questions will rightly be asked.

If he rights it he’s going to be set for years here.

Jonny Evans wasn’t terrible. He made one mistake. Yes it was obviously a costly one but that doesn’t make his performance terrible.

Jonny Evans wasn’t terrible. He made one mistake. Yes it was obviously a costly one but that doesn’t make his performance terrible.
it took him 109 minutes to play the obvious simple pass when ever he took a free kick and that was his good point, Wood had him on toast all game, he was woeful

Harry Maguire’s currently showing what a crap defender he is up at Anfield so at least that’s entertaining.

Harry Maguire’s currently showing what a crap defender he is up at Anfield so at least that’s entertaining.
At least they are playing Liverpool.

We were made to look crap by sodding Burnley.

Strange way of framing them being dropped.

Happens a lot. Mostly with young players. Apparently their little baby diddums fragile ickle egos can't be exposed by using the word "dropped"

Might affect their ability to believe their own press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263