Burnley Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

Right we need to get that pile of cack out of our systems as quickly as possible.
Lets just concentrate on Tuesday night and get our season started from there.

Last edited:
Re: Burnley Match Thread

Seconded.:icon_roll

webmaster said:
Can we make the match threads for the match only, no point starting them three days early. We could have a pre-match thread instead.

I was gonna suggest the same. Our match threads seem to get earlier and earlier.. We should have a pre-match thread and a match thread. The first post in a match thread should be the lineups. Because at times when I've not been in during the game and come back to see what people had to say, it takes a while to find the actual match discussion..

It is for the match :102: .
I am trying to concentrate on Tuesday rather than dwelling on the shite we had today. Pre Match and actual match talk can all go in here surely.

It's up to you though Webbo you are the boss :icon_razz

Team for Burnley

Henderson

Stearman (yeah he was crap at Luton but give him a chance)
Kenton
McCarthy (awful at Luton but he's captain so keep him for the time being)
Johansson

Low (we need a natural winger)
Johnson
Williams
Hughes (not a natural winger but also not Tiatto)

Fryatt
Hume (if he's as crap as he was at luton then it's time for O'Grady)

My God do we need some left-sided players.

Re: Team for Burnley

londonfox said:
Henderson

Stearman (yeah he was crap at Luton but give him a chance)
Kenton
McCarthy (awful at Luton but he's captain so keep him for the time being)
Johansson

Low (we need a natural winger)
Johnson
Williams
Hughes (not a natural winger but also not Tiatto)

Fryatt
Hume (if he's as crap as he was at luton then it's time for O'Grady)

My God do we need some left-sided players.

I would have Hughes on the right and play Porter on the left. :icon_wink ;)

Would you make any changes for Tuesday?

I think I'd keep it mostly the same, obviously you don't want to chop and change loads at the start because you want a settled team. Having said that, I think I would make 1 change for the game. I think we should play J.Low, or Hammond/O'Grady, from the start on the right. Either drop Maybury or Stearman. We need someone who will stay wider on at least one of the flanks, and we have more options for right mid than left.

Henderson

Kenton
McCarthy
Kisnorbo

Maybury
Hughes
Johnson
Williams
Hume

Fryatt
O'Grady

Won't happen though

Last edited:

Steven said:
I would have Hughes on the right and play Porter on the left. :icon_wink ;)

I think Josh Low deserves a run before we start putting Hughes in ahead of him on the right... I would like to see Porter too but I doubt it will happen. I think i'm right in saying Kisnorbo's still suspended.

Graz said:
Would you make any changes for Tuesday?

I think I'd keep it mostly the same, obviously you don't want to chop and change loads at the start because you want a settled team. Having said that, I think I would make 1 change for the game. I think we should play J.Low, or Hammond/O'Grady, from the start on the right. Either drop Maybury or Stearman. We need someone who will stay wider on at least one of the flanks, and we have more options for right mid than left.

I know what you are saying Graz but truth is we haven't got A Left Winger at the club so I don't see the point in persevering with playing with one.

londonfox said:
I think Josh Low deserves a run before we start putting Hughes in ahead of him on the right... I would like to see Porter too but I doubt it will happen. I think i'm right in saying Kisnorbo's still suspended.

I think you are too... 2 match ban I thought.

He missed the last match of last season aswell though.

highland fox said:
I know what you are saying Graz but truth is we haven't got A Left Winger at the club so I don't see the point in persevering with playing with one.

That was kind of my point.

Tiatto may drift in a lot from the left and be generally crap, but we don't have anyone else to play out there really.
On the right, Maybury seemed to do the same today, but we have options out there to change it, such as J.Low or even Sylla(!)

I'd like it if we could have wingers on both sides, but we can't, but we could at least have one.

That was the point I was trying to make. I dunno if I've misunderstood what you said or you misunderstood me originally...?

newtonfox said:
:icon_bigg :038: got to waer blue its not over yet melts
Yes, of course I will, come Tuesday this will be forgotten about, but for now, I'm glummer than usual

Graz said:
That was kind of my point.

Tiatto may drift in a lot from the left and be generally crap, but we don't have anyone else to play out there really.
On the right, Maybury seemed to do the same today, but we have options out there to change it, such as J.Low or even Sylla(!)

I'd like it if we could have wingers on both sides, but we can't, but we could at least have one.

That was the point I was trying to make. I dunno if I've misunderstood what you said or you misunderstood me originally...?

I don't think we should be attempting to play with wingers because it seems we have no left winger and our right ones don't appear good enough unless Low's pre season form is misleading.However i think Rk will persevere with 4-4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566