Match Thread Burton Albion v Leicester PSF

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was for the Bass charity Vase it’s been running since 1889 we last won it in 1982

Sounds like a terrible game and not one to take much away from, but how did Daka look?

They did a penalty shoot out in a friendly? That's a new one on me

Sounds like a terrible game and not one to take much away from, but how did Daka look?

Barely had a touch.

Thomas, Wilf and Vardy the standouts. Dewsbury-Hall looked handy.

Soumare looks a good player, collected the ball from deep a lot.

Sowah didn’t look ready for prime time but it’s early.

Barely had a touch.

Thomas, Wilf and Vardy the standouts. Dewsbury-Hall looked handy.

Soumare looks a good player, collected the ball from deep a lot.

Sowah didn’t look ready for prime time but it’s early.

Cheers MA

From the line-ups/subs alone, it looks Soumare was used in the Tielemans role in midfield rather than the defensive role. I think as expected.

But means probably Hamza or Mendy needs to be kept around as backup for Wilf

Cheers MA

From the line-ups/subs alone, it looks Soumare was used in the Tielemans role in midfield rather than the defensive role. I think as expected.

Yes that was my impression too. But thought Dewsbury-Hall did a better job of moving the ball quickly in the second half.

Thomas was good. Wilf was excellent as always.
Center backs in the first half we're poor.
Daka did nothing of note. But then had no service.

KDH and Suengchitthawon linked up well.

KDH finishes well and his penalty was quality.

Nacho looks off the pace, Hamza and Ghezzal show why they need to go.

It is a proven scientific FACT that the worse we look in pre season, the better we are when the season starts.

Best player by far in the first half was Ryan Bertrand. His experience shone through and his anticipation was a joy to watch. One of the best acquisitions in this transfer window.

KDH and Suengchitthawon linked up well.

KDH finishes well and his penalty was quality.

Nacho looks off the pace, Hamza and Ghezzal show why they need to go.
They should both go. But not based on anything they did (or didn’t do) in this game. It was a fitness exercise.

Cheers MA

It looks like Soumare could easily play the Wilf role alongside Tielemans, or play alongside Wilf in place of Tielemans, or play with both in a 3. No need for Choudhury or Mendy to be kept around.

Best player by far in the first half was Ryan Bertrand. His experience shone through and his anticipation was a joy to watch. One of the best acquisitions in this transfer window.
I thought he was as rusty as an old gate post. Just like the rest of them were. Luke Thomas was the best player on the pitch by a country mile followed by Ndidi.

Not that any of it will be in any way refelcttive of how we will play come the start of the new season.

It looks like Soumare could easily play the Wilf role alongside Tielemans, or play alongside Wilf in place of Tielemans, or play with both in a 3. No need for Choudhury or Mendy to be kept around.

We will lose Wilf for the AFCON won't we?

For that reason alone I don't think we would let Mendy and Hamza both leave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758