Confirmed Transfer Caleb Okoli

But if you don't think Vestegaard or Faes are good enough and you didn't think we should sign a CB, then you'd be happy with Coady (who wasn't anything like as good as Vestegaard when he played), Nelson and Souttar as our only other options. That makes no sense to me.
I don’t think they are good enough. But the club clearly do. They’re just given Vestergaard a 3 year contract.

Unless we’re going to sell Faes, Souttar or Coady, this transfer makes no sense.

I don’t think they are good enough. But the club clearly do. They’re just given Vestergaard a 3 year contract.

Unless we’re going to sell Faes, Souttar or Coady, this transfer makes no sense.
I think the chances of Souttar being here by the end of the window are slim to none. Coady can only really play in a back 5 which is why Everton didn't want him and why Wolves let him go. That gives us limited options.

Anyhow, another one in. Let's hope a couple more are in the offing.

Faes and Vestergaard aren’t good enough for the Premier League, but it looks like we have no plans to sell either of them.
So they are good enough to play international football for two of the best teams in Europe but aren't good enough to play in the Premier League? Absolute tosh of the highest order!

So they are good enough to play international football for two of the best teams in Europe but aren't good enough to play in the Premier League? Absolute tosh of the highest order!
Firstly, since when has Denmark been one of the best teams in Europe?

Secondly, international football tends to be a lot slower than the Premier League.

Thirdly, the bloke who signed Vestergaard only played him 10 times in the Premier League in two seasons, because he wasn’t good enough. Yes yes I know, it was Brendan Rodgers. But we could all see with our own eyes how shockingly awful he was at that level.

Does anyone know if the new lad has any pace?
(Something that has been lacking in our central defenders of recent times )

Remember Silva? Absolutely shite....but won Euro 2016

Sorry, I don’t understand this, can you please clarify?
His playing career has seen him play on loan for the Italian equivalent of Birmingham, Luton Town and then Sheffield United. We just bought him for £10m plus which seems way over the top.

Atalanta his parent club are excellent at transfer deals - very rare for them to make an error.

He does have the same agency as Steve Cooper though...and we look to be bidding for his team-mate at Frosinone last season, Matias Soule.

His playing career has seen him play on loan for the Italian equivalent of Birmingham, Luton Town and then Sheffield United. We just bought him for £10m plus which seems way over the top.

Atalanta his parent club are excellent at transfer deals - very rare for them to make an error.

He does have the same agency as Steve Cooper though...and we look to be bidding for his team-mate at Frosinone last season, Matias Soule.

Yep, pretty much my thoughts on this one - seems an incredible amount of money for someone with his playing history

Thanks for the explanation.

Yep, pretty much my thoughts on this one - seems an incredible amount of money for someone with his playing history
Have you all forgotten Mahrez from a French league 2 club or Vardy from league 5? Just because he has not played for Barcelona or Bayern does not mean he will not develop into a superstar for us. How many of you wanted to drive Morgan back up the A46 when he first arrived? Let the guy playa couple of times and give away a penalty and an own goal before you label him as shite.

Have you all forgotten Mahrez from a French league 2 club or Vardy from league 5? Just because he has not played for Barcelona or Bayern does not mean he will not develop into a superstar for us. How many of you wanted to drive Morgan back up the A46 when he first arrived? Let the guy playa couple of times and give away a penalty and an own goal before you label him as shite.
We didn’t pay 10m for Mahrez, I think that is the point that is being made.

Hmm. If a player came through for the English equivalent of Atalanta, which would probably be closest to Leicester circa 2020, did well on loan playing in the Championship and then was one of the brighter sparks in a relegated EPL team, I think he'd sell for more than £10m.

In an entirely unconnected piece of news, we just sold Dewsbury-Hall for three times that.

Nobody has labelled him as shite - stop being a pathetic hysterical tart

Mahrez cost a few hundred grand, Vardy a million (and many eyebrows raised when he did). People are just commenting on the fee

This kid might well be amazing - nobody is actually judging him until they’ve seen him play, FFS

Fair comment on the price. Footballer inflation has probably skyrocketed in the last ten years. Maybe the only bargains left are in our own EFL academies?

Thirdly, the bloke who signed Vestergaard only played him 10 times in the Premier League in two seasons, because he wasn’t good enough. Yes yes I know, it was Brendan Rodgers. But we could all see with our own eyes how shockingly awful he was at that level.
Only because he was being played in a way that was impossible for him to adapt to given his attributes. He's had many, many excellent games in the PL. He will be fine, but only in the right system. He needs pace and power next to him and this new fella may be just that.

P Pld Pts
1Brighton13
2Arsenal13
3Liverpool13
4Manchester C  13
5Aston Villa13
6Brentford13
7Manchester U13
8Newcastle13
9Bournemouth11
10Leicester11
11Nottm F11