Confirmed Transfer Caleb Okoli

Fair comment on the price. Footballer inflation has probably skyrocketed in the last ten years. Maybe the only bargains left are in our own EFL academies?
I don’t often agree with Jose Mourinho , but his comment after the Neymar £200m transfer, having a knock on effect, has actually come to roost.

5m players are now 10
10 are now 20
Etc etc

Hmm. If a player came through for the English equivalent of Atalanta, which would probably be closest to Leicester circa 2020, did well on loan playing in the Championship and then was one of the brighter sparks in a relegated EPL team, I think he'd sell for more than £10m.

In an entirely unconnected piece of news, we just sold Dewsbury-Hall for three times that.
That says more about how English players carry a premium IMO.

By comparison, David Carmo whom we were previously linked to when he was at Braga, Porto player who played at Olympiakos on loan last season and won the Conference League is being offered about at 15m euros.

Hang on, some people spent all last season saying that Faes and Vestergaard weren't good enough for the Championship, and definitley wouldn't be good enough for the Premier League. And now, centre back is the last position we need more players in?
I certainly and did this is a good bit of business, hopefully he is good enough to go straight into the side and Vesty is on the bench. Vestergard was really exposed in the Euros and unlike the Championship the standard was far higher.
Sadly Vestergard just does not have the pace and with the high press deployed in the Premiere league he will struggle and we will have to deploy a low block to compensate for his lack of pace.

High Press. Low Block.
Are we still talking about football?
It took me five years to understand that Parking the bus was not referring to the car park!😊

Vestergard was really exposed in the Euros
Was he?

In 4 games he made 5 key tackles, recovered 28 balls, had a pass accuracy of 95%, had 2 shots on target and reached a top speed of 30kmh. He also managed to keep the likes of Foden, Saka, Kane, Bellingham etc, pretty quite along with the rest of the Danish defence. I don't know what you're talking about when you say he was 'exposed'.

For comparison, John Stones has played 240 minutes more, has 2 key tackles, 23 ball recoveries, a pass accuracy of 95%, has no shots on or off target and reached a top speed of 32kmh.

People see what they want to see with Vestergaard rather than what's true. He's a perfectly adequate defender in the right system.

Was he?

In 4 games he made 5 key tackles, recovered 28 balls, had a pass accuracy of 95%, had 2 shots on target and reached a top speed of 30kmh. He also managed to keep the likes of Foden, Saka, Kane, Bellingham etc, pretty quite along with the rest of the Danish defence. I don't know what you're talking about when you say he was 'exposed'.

For comparison, John Stones has played 240 minutes more, has 2 key tackles, 23 ball recoveries, a pass accuracy of 95%, has no shots on or off target and reached a top speed of 32kmh.

People see what they want to see with Vestergaard rather than what's true. He's a perfectly adequate defender in the right system.
Absolutely spot on!

I certainly and did this is a good bit of business, hopefully he is good enough to go straight into the side and Vesty is on the bench. Vestergard was really exposed in the Euros and unlike the Championship the standard was far higher.
Sadly Vestergard just does not have the pace and with the high press deployed in the Premiere league he will struggle and we will have to deploy a low block to compensate for his lack of pace.

I mean, there’s complete and utter bollocks, and then there’s complete and utter bollocks

This appears to be both

Defensive look will be interesting though.

Imagine we will play with actual fullbacks again, which could mean a reprieve for at least one of Kristiansen or Thomas.

Ricardo obvious slots in at right back, though there isn’t much depth there unless we rely on Hamza or Nelson.

In the middle, will be very interesting. I think Souttar is the odd man out but you never know and I do think we will likely send Nelson out on loan to a championship side. that leaves you with a core of Vesty, Coady, Faes and the new lad.

I’ve got a sneaky suspicion Souttar will have a role to play next season. I just think after not getting a sniff last season, he’ll turn up to pre season with a point to prove.

Could be completely wrong, however…

I’ve got a sneaky suspicion Souttar will have a role to play next season. I just think after not getting a sniff last season, he’ll turn up to pre season with a point to prove.

Could be completely wrong, however…
I hope you're right. I think there's a very decent defender there.

Imagine we will play with actual fullbacks again, which could mean a reprieve for at least one of Kristiansen or Thomas.

Ricardo obvious slots in at right back, though there isn’t much depth there unless we rely on Hamza or Nelson.

In the middle, will be very interesting. I think Souttar is the odd man out but you never know and I do think we will likely send Nelson out on loan to a championship side. that leaves you with a core of Vesty, Coady, Faes and the new lad.

I definitely think we'll be back to a back 4, maybe even a back 5.

We need a left back though.

4-3-3 or 5-2-3 is my guess for how we'll lineup. No more inverted full backs or any of that.

I think with what have so far it will be

Mads
Ricardo, Okali, Vesty, Faes, Kristiansen
Ndidi, Winks
Fatawu, Vardy, Mavididi

I definitely think we'll be back to a back 4, maybe even a back 5.

We need a left back though.

4-3-3 or 5-2-3 is my guess for how we'll lineup. No more inverted full backs or any of that.

I think with what have so far it will be

Mads
Ricardo, Okali, Vesty, Faes, Kristiansen
Ndidi, Winks
Fatawu, Vardy, Mavididi
I think Cooper is the sort of manager to mix it up rather than being fixated with one formation, so it could be a combination of both

JJ for right back too.

Agreeing on thinking Souttar is a Premier League defender

Truly, the Great WibbleTime is amongst us

If Cooper can make Souttar a Premier League defender then we'll be getting our second pl winning season. I'm happy with Cooper leading us this season but he's not a ****ing wizard.

P Pld Pts
1Brighton13
2Arsenal13
3Liverpool13
4Manchester C  13
5Aston Villa13
6Brentford13
7Manchester U13
8Newcastle13
9Bournemouth11
10Leicester11
11Nottm F11