Confirmed Transfer Caleb Okoli

They’re being hung out to dry by this rather silly ze system Cooper insists upon.

At the start of the season it was Kristiansen being pushed up as almost a winger, pushing the actual left winger inside and leaving us horribly exposed down the left hand side.

We have more recently moved to pushing Justin up almost as a winger and a full back together instead. As a result most of our recent goals conceded have come down that side as we see him desperately trying to recover with the poor centre backs being pushed right, left and centre hopelessly looking for help on whichever side has been dragged out of position.

It’s not that Justin is at fault, it’s the fault of ze system zat is forcing him out of position

Play a proper back three with wing backs, or a proper back four and leave them to do their actual job. Otherwise we’ll carry on letting goals in this way
That’s bang on the money.

The defensive system is incredibly flawed and we will continue to ship goals against everyone until we sort it. Playing three at the back would help but if he's absolutely against that, then playing both wingers would help Justin and Kristiansen out immensely. They are both trying to do the job of two players and we have literally seen the evidence every single game of the impossibility of that.

It's no surprise we were much better with two actual wingers in the pitch; we got out of jail because of it. The problem is, we can't keep pissing away goals so easily every game.

If he's insistent on Kristiansen playing every game, which is madness but there you go, then he at least needs to give both him and JJ a chance. They're being thrown under the bus all the time because of idiotic shape or selections (or both).

I'm glad he switched his brain on yesterday and abandoned Cooperball because we were ****ing useless for 60 minutes. Anyone defending that complete horror show of a performance is being obtuse. From that point on, he made all the right decisions and we looked a completely different side but we can't keep turning up to games and along for 30 minutes. He's clearly got the backing of most of the players which is half the battle won so we need to get the other half shipshape.

Hopefully, this is the switch that fires the bulb into life at last. Losing against Forest won't bother me if we make a game of it. Lose against Forest because we play Cooperball for 60 minutes however, and I'll continue to criticise him.

The defensive system is incredibly flawed and we will continue to ship goals against everyone until we sort it. Playing three at the back would help but if he's absolutely against that, then playing both wingers would help Justin and Kristiansen out immensely.

Genuine question.

I'd agree that we should play three central defenders. How do we do that and play both Mavididi and Fatawu, which you've continually advocated for?

Genuine question.

I'd agree that we should play three central defenders. How do we do that and play both Mavididi and Fatawu, which you've continually advocated for?
I said it would help if he was to persist with using Kristiansen and JJ as FBs.

It wouldn't be my preferred system.

Which stats? What are you comparing?
Successful tackles:
Okoli 43% Vesty 50%

Goals conceded pg:
Okoli 1.7 Vesty 1.5

Clearances pg:
Okoli 6.6 Vesty 8.8

Ariel duels lost pg:
Okoli 2.6 Vesty 0.5

Blocked shots pg:
Okoli 0 Vesty 0.5

In all honesty however, these stats as well as all the others are nonsense because they aren't contextualised. For me, we look more assured when he's in the team and less prone to leaving massive, gaping holes in the backline that are easy for the opposition to exploit.

You'd play Vestergaard in a back four then?

What would your 'best' line up be then?
No not necessarily. I think there needs to be adaptation. For the Forest game, I'd go with MA's lineup. It gives us the best chance of attacking when we need to and defending our weaknesses to date.

Successful tackles:
Okoli 43% Vesty 50%

Goals conceded pg:
Okoli 1.7 Vesty 1.5

Clearances pg:
Okoli 6.6 Vesty 8.8

Ariel duels lost pg:
Okoli 2.6 Vesty 0.5

Blocked shots pg:
Okoli 0 Vesty 0.5

In all honesty however, these stats as well as all the others are nonsense because they aren't contextualised. For me, we look more assured when he's in the team and less prone to leaving massive, gaping holes in the backline that are easy for the opposition to exploit.
Thanks. Interesting!

Successful tackles:
Okoli 43% Vesty 50%

Goals conceded pg:
Okoli 1.7 Vesty 1.5

Clearances pg:
Okoli 6.6 Vesty 8.8

Ariel duels lost pg:
Okoli 2.6 Vesty 0.5

Blocked shots pg:
Okoli 0 Vesty 0.5

Presumably Vestergaard's stats are from the championship?

Presumably Vestergaard's stats are from the championship?
Nah they’re from the massive sample of the two matches he’s played in the Premier League 😂

You honestly can’t make this shit up.

Genuine question.

Mads
Okoli, Vesty, Faes
Ricardo, Winks, Skipp, Justin
Fatawu, Vardy, Mavididi

But then you're leaving out Buonanatte, which doesn't feel right.

Nah they’re from the massive sample of the two matches he’s played in the Premier League 😂

And Okoli's are from 6.

You didn't read the rest of the post.... I suggest you do so that you understand how stupid you've made yourself look. Again.

Now it all makes sense.

Two wins on the bounce and all the talk is of changing formation, playing Vestergaard over Okoli etc.

And I thought silly season would have ended after the international break. Silly me.

And If you really want to be a pedant, he's played 84 games in the PL, not two. For reference, I'll include Faes' stats as a comparison:

JV: 63% tackle win ratio / WF: 61%
JV: 5.2 clearances per game / WF 4.1
JV: 4.6 recoveries per game / WF 5.2
JV: 2.8 accurate long balls per game / 2.6
JV: 46.3 passes per game / WF 56.6
JV: 3.3 ariel duals won per game / WF 1.9
JV: 4 goals scored / WF 2
JV: 1 error leading to a goal / WF 2
JV: 0 own goals / WF 2

His stats stack up.

Like I say, these types of stats are actually difficult to read anything into really without contextualisation but if you are going to continuously pursue this one-upmanship that you so desperately seem to need then at least try to make sense and attempt to converse with reason instead of being so bent out of shape, upset and cross by any negative reference to Mr Cooper for some strange and indecipherable reason.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool821
2Manchester C  820
3Arsenal817
4Aston Villa817
5Brighton815
6Chelsea814
7Tottenham 813
8Nottm F813
9Newcastle812
10Fulham811
11Bournemouth811