Confirmed Transfer Caleb Okoli

I can’t see where you are coming from Pop.
I watched the game , and I didn’t see once where Wout had to cover for him in any another case than a typical defensive partnership
To me , he looks like a good solid centre half

I can’t see where you are coming from Pop.
I watched the game , and I didn’t see once where Wout had to cover for him in any another case than a typical defensive partnership
To me , he looks like a good solid centre half
He's got the makings of one I agree. He just gets caught way too many times. He gets draw out too easily and Faes ands up being the only man back. Take today when we were 2-2 and looking for a winner. Saints nearly scored because our whole defence were miles out of position except of course for Faes who made an exceptional challenge.

He could be really bloody good but he needs to just think a little more about when to wander off. We looked much more solid earlier on in the season with Vestergaard simply because he very rarely if ever went wandering. I also think he's so much better on the ball than Okoli who is a great tackler but hasn't got a tenth of the range of passing Vestergaard has.

I get that there may be some deficiencies but the shear size and presence of Okoli gives us so much more defensively. He's also really quite mobile for a big boy.

I really struggle to work us out defensively.

Okoli is often isolated because Faes seems to play between right back and central defence. Both goals yesterday saw Faes out of position because he was dragged too wide leaving Okoli marking too many attackers.

All our central defenders suit a back three but we play this hybrid system which isn't a three or a four. It's a three and a half (!).

I think Okoli has to play because he's the quickest and most mobile. He gets around the pitch well. But his passing leaves a lot to be desired and he is naive. I have no idea whether he's any good or not as yet.

His other issue is that when Faes goes wandering, he's only left with Kristiansen and he's pretty hopeless to be honest.

I really struggle to work us out defensively.

Okoli is often isolated because Faes seems to play between right back and central defence. Both goals yesterday saw Faes out of position because he was dragged too wide leaving Okoli marking too many attackers.

All our central defenders suit a back three but we play this hybrid system which isn't a three or a four. It's a three and a half (!).

I think Okoli has to play because he's the quickest and most mobile. He gets around the pitch well. But his passing leaves a lot to be desired and he is naive. I have no idea whether he's any good or not as yet.

His other issue is that when Faes goes wandering, he's only left with Kristiansen and he's pretty hopeless to be honest.

They’re being hung out to dry by this rather silly ze system Cooper insists upon.

At the start of the season it was Kristiansen being pushed up as almost a winger, pushing the actual left winger inside and leaving us horribly exposed down the left hand side.

We have more recently moved to pushing Justin up almost as a winger and a full back together instead. As a result most of our recent goals conceded have come down that side as we see him desperately trying to recover with the poor centre backs being pushed right, left and centre hopelessly looking for help on whichever side has been dragged out of position.

It’s not that Justin is at fault, it’s the fault of ze system zat is forcing him out of position

Play a proper back three with wing backs, or a proper back four and leave them to do their actual job. Otherwise we’ll carry on letting goals in this way

Ze system seems to working pretty well for us so far.

We score a reasonable amount of goals but never really look in control of games.

For a team that’s just promoted I think that is not too bad at all.

Yes Cooper makes errors. But so far he has a few good decisions in him as well. Rather him than Russell Martin at this point.
Rather herpes than Russell Martin :icon lol:

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool821
2Manchester C  820
3Arsenal817
4Aston Villa817
5Brighton815
6Chelsea814
7Tottenham 813
8Nottm F813
9Newcastle812
10Fulham811