Cambiasso isn't coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I blame the new strip. I imagine he took one look at it and thought he couldn't face a whole season wearing that, especially that away kit.

My memory at the time he signed was that he was only prepared to sign for one year. We obviously knew how good he was otherwise why offer a 34old who has never played in the Prem any sort of contract. I am sure we would have offered him 2 or even 3 years, then and now, with player/coach and a truck load of money. I cannot see Villa making him a better offer than we would have.
Naturally we look at this from a Leicester perspective, but from the player's perspective maybe having been released by Inter he felt he needed to make a point to optimise the last phase of his career. So he takes the only available opportunity to play in the PL and can now cash in on his success with us. He probably has wider options than a year ago and more choice about where he wants to play. Good luck to him. I doubt whether spending more than a season with Leicester was ever a serious consideration.

Which I all fine and dandy, but if that wider option turns out to be Villa then its a bit shit really.

Naturally we look at this from a Leicester perspective, but from the player's perspective maybe having been released by Inter he felt he needed to make a point to optimise the last phase of his career. So he takes the only available opportunity to play in the PL and can now cash in on his success with us. He probably has wider options than a year ago and more choice about where he wants to play. Good luck to him. I doubt whether spending more than a season with Leicester was ever a serious consideration.

Wider isn't better. Neither Villa or West Ham would look after him as well, either from staff, players or fans. Esteban, either go to the MLS or come back to us.

He is out of contract. He has every right to go to who he wants to.

Don't really care where he ends up to be honest. He was fantastic for us last season and we all owe him a lot of love and gratitude. And if that means he turns up back at the KP wearing a Villa shirt next season he should still get a massive standing ovation from all four sides of the ground when he first takes to the fiield for them.

Anyone who seriously doesn't believe that should be the case needs to put their toys back in their pram and get real.

cambi.jpg

£119? Talk about trying to cash in on his memory!!!

Strange choice for me. Yes it's champions league football but it's not a team with a realistic chance of doing anything in it and he has been there done that. Also I'm sure he could have earned more in the MLS.

Plus, the Greek economy is hardly the most reliable....

Not that I'm bitter. Least he didn't go to Villa!

Strange choice for me. Yes it's champions league football but it's not a team with a realistic chance of doing anything in it and he has been there done that. Also I'm sure he could have earned more in the MLS.

Plus, the Greek economy is hardly the most reliable....

Not that I'm bitter. Least he didn't go to Villa!

I'll still applaud him when we play them in Europe next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669