Cambiasso to stay another year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's looking less and less likely that he's gonna sign. In the meantime we need to spend big to fill an empty midfield. The club's premature decision to release Gally and GTF leaves us with egg on our face.

Tbf, playing Gally would have given us an empty midfield, while playing GTF would have given us a big empty midfield.

Whilst it will be nice if EC does re-sign for us, I think some are overlooking the part that a number of other players played in our late great survival run in.
It was more of a tipping point consisting of, return of a much better Kasper, change in formation, a fit Huth, Albrighton having a run in the team, Vardy finding his feet, Ulloa refinding his, young Jeff's constant improvement, the atmosphere at the KP, the right substitutions being made, amongst all that was Esteban playing his part.

If he doesn't re-sign for us, I'll say thank you and move on.

I believe that there is a good argument for the signing of Robert Huth, to be of a greater value to the team than that of Esteban.

I really enjoyed Cambiasso's spell at City (albeit at long distance) and will be delighted were he to sign for another season but, some of the doom laden predictions as to our fate without him, are a little OTT. He might re-sign and pick up a serious injury in his first game: we cannot become a one man team.

I am sure that our scouting staff have a number of alternatives, possibly those mentioned in the press, possibly not. We need to sign, at least one, better still two midfielders and treat Cambiasso as a potential bonus: I feel certain that this is how the club is proceeding. Let us get critical if we are stuttering in the league after half a dozen games and no decent replacement has been added.

He was shit really, when you think about it

Good riddance, you old crappo

I really enjoyed Cambiasso's spell at City (albeit at long distance) and will be delighted were he to sign for another season but, some of the doom laden predictions as to our fate without him, are a little OTT. He might re-sign and pick up a serious injury in his first game: we cannot become a one man team.

I am sure that our scouting staff have a number of alternatives, possibly those mentioned in the press, possibly not. We need to sign, at least one, better still two midfielders and treat Cambiasso as a potential bonus: I feel certain that this is how the club is proceeding. Let us get critical if we are stuttering in the league after half a dozen games and no decent replacement has been added.

Yes, Cambiasso is probably one of Leicester's most accomplished ever players. But he is 35 next month and to base our prospects on someone so close to the end of his career is unrealistic. I'm sure you're are right and the club are seeking viable longer term alternatives.

Best to celebrate what he did for us last year and not to make assumptions that he would continue to show that level of performance. His legs will go at some point and it's not too often that the decline of a top player is gradual.

You rightly say that it will be a bonus if he signs. But he is clearly not that keen and quite rightly looking to optimise this last phase of his career.

Bald is beautiful....

Move on. No player bigger than the club. He's not a contracted player, so we need to move on. Up to him.

Leicester City's Jon Rudkin on Esteban Cambiasso : "We are very hopeful he will come back. He's been looking at all options."

Where you getting this

Or CR recognises the work that EC does and how important he is and it might just be a bit of extra incentive for him to sign the new contract.

Yea that's all very well and good.

Or CR recognises the work that EC does and how important he is and it might just be a bit of extra incentive for him to sign the new contract.
But he has effectively just given the captaincy to a player who doesn't actually play for us.

Whichever way you look at it, it seems a bit idiotic.

I'm sure Wes will be feeling most positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669