Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiverpoolFox

Morning guys,

I wanted to go to the stoke game tomorrow but work have scuppered my plans for catching a train, is anyone from my area gonna be driving down, a long shot indeed, petrol money, pringles and the first three iron maiden albums await!!:icon_bigg

LiverpoolFox said:
Morning guys,

I wanted to go to the stoke game tomorrow but work have scuppered my plans for catching a train, is anyone from my area gonna be driving down, a long shot indeed, petrol money, pringles and the first three iron maiden albums await!!:icon_bigg

If I had been you, I wouldn't have asked that question with my 13th post
:frown:

There must be somebody though - come on! - who's going to help the new lad?

Last edited:
LiverpoolFox said:
Morning guys,

somebody must take you up on this offer

bocadillo said:
If I had been you, I wouldn't have asked that question with my 13th post
:frown:

sorry, didn't think, it's ok though :icon_redf

Ok, i've bagged an early finish at work, so i'l be there bright and early tomorrow night starting the "there's only one Simon Royce" chant :icon_bigg

LiverpoolFox said:
Ok, i've bagged an early finish at work, so i'l be there bright and early tomorrow night starting the "there's only one Simon Royce" chant :icon_bigg

Well done!!

Now all you have to do is to ensure that you're on one of the first buses back to the station to catch that 22:13 to Stafford!

yeah i know, they run a regular bus service from the ground to the station for home fans, think i'l lose the city shirt before i get on that one!! :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

LiverpoolFox said:
yeah i know, they run a regular bus service from the ground to the station for home fans, think i'l lose the city shirt before i get on that one!! :icon_bigg :icon_bigg

It doesn't actually go to the station, but it does go fairly close. Before the game it picks up in Glebe Street and drops off in Church Street near the junction of Glebe Street.

Map - the station is in Station Road (big surprise!) near the nobble in the road and the one way arrow.

The bus picks up in the orange part of Glebe Street, outside the church.

BE WARNED that the bus used to be run by the local bus company but they knocked it on the head because they were losing money on it. the supporters club then started to run it at a cheaper fare (and making a profit) by bringing in buses from all over the place. Between the bus company stopping the run and the Supporters Club taking it up, some games had no buses and the only way was to walk.

I will try to check that the buses are actually running tomorrow night and get back to you.

Also, in relation to the train, that 22:13 via Stafford is not actually a valid route, even though the National Rail Enquiries Site shows it. I suggest that you take a printout of the NRE page with the journey shown on it, so that you can show it to any over-alert over-zealous ticket-inspector.

Yorkshire Vixen said:
whats a nobble :icon_conf

Look at the map and you will see it!

nobble = xmas as in....."nobble do " =- xmas party........ hence the expression
"hey yv were are you off ?"
"im off out lad "
"where to tha knows?"
"up town eeeh any old nobble do" :icon_bigg

i didnt realise 'map' was a link to it doesnt work for me though so would you care to explain what a nobble is

OK. I've just spoken to a very nice lady at Stoke City.

The bus service is actually run by the Football Club and not by the supporters club - whooops!!

It starts 90 minutes before kick-off and continues after the game until everybody has gone. Pick-up is outside St Peters Church in Glebe Street. She says if you can't find it, it would be better to ask for St Peters Church than Glebe Street - more people will know where it is.

£3 return.

lazzer said:
nobble = xmas as in....."nobble do " =- xmas party........ hence the expression
"hey yv were are you off ?"
"im off out lad "
"where to tha knows?"

er...rightio there is no way i will use that in conversation without laughing out loud :icon_lol:

Yorkshire Vixen said:
er...rightio there is no way i will use that in conversation without laughing out loud :icon_lol:

and some fell on stoney ground :102::icon_lol:

Yorkshire Vixen said:
i didnt realise 'map' was a link to it doesnt work for me though so would you care to explain what a nobble is

The link does work for me. If it worked for you, you would see that on Station Road there is a 'protrusion' which if on a human body (male or female), you might call a nipple. I called it a nobble.

HTH

shit!!!!! cant believe i didnt spot that :icon_redf :icon_redf thanks :icon_roll :icon_lol:

lazzer said:

Though hopefully not when you're in Stoke-on-Trent!

LiverpoolFox said:
Morning guys,

Lazzer will make a detour if Iron Maiden is on offer. :icon_lol: :icon_lol: ;) Hope you find a lift. :023: ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669