Can I own a Canadian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Religion is the opiate of the masses

Close tho'....

Shut up you complete and utter fool, with your constant patronising prattle

Everyone knows it's:

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."

I used to work for a familiy run business of jo-vo's. One is brown bread now as he wrapped his porsche around a lamp post and they refused a blood transfusion for him. I remember thinking what god could could encourage a human being to stand around and watch their children die before them.Not that they are any different to the others but I always wonder come the day after religious cleansing if they are going to be licking their heels with no doors to knock on.

Blimey, that is appalling. I went to school with a couple of them, and whilst they were lovely people the ideas they had been brought up with were occasionally just as awful. I do remember that there were so many contradictions in the dogma they had imposed on them that it made my own head spin, actually living with these rules (along with all the other complications of teenage life) must have been absolutely maddening.

Is it true they eat dwarves, or is that just a rumour ?

Is it true they eat dwarves, or is that just a rumour ?

They used to, but it's just not politically correct any more.
Nowadays that only eat midgets, special communion midgets

did you eeet the Canadian?

I knew it was wrong as soon as I typed it

The thing about the dwarves is spot on, though

I've got to admit there is little in life that gets my goat more than religion and it's hypocrasy.

Be those dwarfs or umpah lumpahs or midgets or maybe even small people (not wishing to offend any 'short arses')...?

I've got to admit there is little in life that gets my goat more than religion and it's hypocrasy.

Be those dwarfs or umpah lumpahs or midgets or maybe even small people (not wishing to offend any 'short arses')...?

they're filming feckin dwarves!

I originally typed 'masses' then googled it and it said people, i always thought it was masses too?

I presume it was originally written in German and so it depends on how it was translated it in the version you read.

edit: according to wiki (so it must be correct) the German was "Die Religion ... ist das Opium des Volkes"

and Volk = people or masses cf. Volkswagen, cars for the masses / people

Last edited:
Shut up you complete and utter fool, with your constant patronising prattle

Everyone knows it's:

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Come on, get it right. What he actually said was:

"Here, pass us that bong will you? I reckon there's one more hit in that thing. This shit is great!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669