can we expect more signings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think before his injury he was rated as among scotlands 3 or 4 best central defenders along with webster and pressley at hearts. good age but dont know much more about him but sounds a realistic target since hes out of contract in june. having said that with levein at the helm im sure we'll be linked with just about every player in the SPL who might be on the move.

According to today's Sun (which should be taken with a pinch of salt), they are reporting that Scowcroft will move to Norwich for 500k.

Fingers crossed.

Bobby Smith said:
weluvulesta said:
I think we will sign 1-2 players more, but thats it. I am guessing funds are rather tight and at the moment, we have to sell somebody to get a bit of cash. But the question is who could we sell, for how much, and are they really wanted.

Can't remember many times in the history of LCFC that we haven't had a single player that someone would pay a fee for :cry:

I think this is true to a certain extent. I know the bosmans have changed the transfer list, but say we had..

Guppy, Lennon, Izzet, Savo, Walsh, Elliott, Flowers, Heskey now playing how they were for us once. Any of them would get a nice fee including most of the players which played at the same time as them.

DesertFox said:
If that was strictly the case, we wouldn't have just signed De Vries and Maybury, would we? I think there is always a little bit of room for maneuvering with football clubs - it's amazing how they can find 100K down the back of the sofa now and again!

It is the case, we spoke to the club about the current financial picture relating to the transfer window only last week. The loans out so far may cover salaries this month but not any transfer fee - more will have to go.

clerkenwellfox said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/4154655.stm

Well that scuppers any idea that Scowy's off to Norwich then! :(

It isn't exactly a tough choice, Ashton, who has been in the game for a couple of years has already scored more goals than Scowie has in his entire career...

so much for norwich not having enough cash for him, was thinking who in our squad might actually interest other teams this month:

walker - good keeper, think a few sides wouldnt mind having him

keown - the struggling sides down at the bottom of the Prem might well be interested cos he can bring a lot in terms of organising the defence etc, wouldnt be surprised if harry redknapps thinkin about making a 25 grand bid or something

dabisaz - could be a great player if he just showed committment all the time, again i could see a couple of the relegation contenders in the prem being interested

think thats about it apart from the interest thats supposedly being shown in scowy

clerkenwellfox said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/norwich/4154655.stm

Well that scuppers any idea that Scowy's off to Norwich then! :(

Oops, sorry started a new thread about this. :(

DesertFox wrote:

Financially, things are still pretty dire but at least they're looking up. OK, the allocated budget for this season has been spent, but with the potential ground share, the last few nightmare huge contracts coming to an end, and a new manager who has obviously identified several players he wants who won't command large transfer fees or wages, the board may be tempted to make a bit of cash available. It would affect next season's budget presumably, but some of Levein's targets may not be available by the summer and the board will want to back the new man as much as they can.

So I wouldn't be too surprised to see us get another two or three new players. I think it would make reasonably good business sense, as long as we don't start splashing cash we haven't got or can't guarantee will be coming in the next few months.

Foxes_Trust wrote:

We haven't got cash without some departures & the club won't dip into next years budget, buying players based on future potential income is what put us into administration.

We could see more arrivals soon, but only after some departures, so savings are generated (be they wage savings or transfer fees)

DesertFox wrote:

If that was strictly the case, we wouldn't have just signed De Vries and Maybury, would we? I think there is always a little bit of room for maneuvering with football clubs - it's amazing how they can find 100K down the back of the sofa now and again!

Foxes_Trust wrote:

It is the case, we spoke to the club about the current financial picture relating to the transfer window only last week. The loans out so far may cover salaries this month but not any transfer fee - more will have to go.

So why does Mr Chairman say this?......

McCahill explained: "The fact that a couple of players have gone out and (there are) potentially more to go out, we obviously stretched the budget a bit, perhaps (had) a look at encroaching on next year's budget a bit, a bit here and a bit there - all that has meant we could bring these players in.

I criticised/moaned about the Board not giving CL any money,I was wrong to do that.We have to be cautious and it was great that money was found to buy MDV and Maybury.Like I said I was wrong,not for the first time or the last,but my comments were made out of frustration really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669