Can we sort out our squad in the next four days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not worked out as planned. The stated target now needs to be premier league survival so that a genuine refresh can be undertaken next season.

Soyuncu, Tielemans, Amartey, Perez, Mendy, Choudhury will all be out of contract next summer. Evans too, though I'd expect the club to give him a 1 year extension.

Additionally Ndidi, Maddison, Praet, Vestergaard, Nacho and others will have 1 year remaining and probably move on (faint hopes you can retain the first 2).

In short at least 10 of that squad are extremely unlikely to be here next year.

There's a massive squad turnover coming, we just didn't do enough to offset it this summer. Hence a difficult season ahead - survival a must.
Pretty much the exact opposite of the ideal squad make up you would want for a team battling relegation.

Almost half the squad know they won't be here next year so they won't care too much if we are relegated as they will be moving on regardless.

Worrying times and anything less than a top half finish, which looks extremely unlikely, you can pretty much guarantee we will lose Maddison and Ndidi next summer.

Pretty much the exact opposite of the ideal squad make up you would want for a team battling relegation.

Almost half the squad know they won't be here next year so they won't care too much if we are relegated as they will be moving on regardless.

Worrying times and anything less than a top half finish, which looks extremely unlikely, you can pretty much guarantee we will lose Maddison and Ndidi next summer.
Don't disagree with anything you've said.

The answer to my question at the start of this thread is now known.

No, we can't.

We sell our captain and goalkeeper and our best defender and bring in a nobody keeper and potentially a decent defender.

It's been absymal. No bollocks about balancing books makes this acceptable. You can balance books and sort a squad out. We have made mistake after mistake from bringing in Congerton to signing poor players window after window and then setting average players on too high contracts and asking too much to sell them to try to recover losses.

It's just incompetence. Heads should roll. You cannot run a successful PL side like this.

It's just incompetence. Heads should roll. You cannot run a successful PL side like this.
It almost looks silly spending so much on fancy facilities when we can't get this stuff right. We're a B&M dolled up to look like a Rolex shop.

Does the 'best owners in football' tag still apply here?

I'm seeing something incredibly worrying happening and have been for a while.

Ward, Iversen, Smithies, Justin, Soyuncu, Bertrand, Evans, Brunt, Faes, Amartey, Ricardo, Vestergaard, Castagne, Barnes, Tielemans, Maddison, Ndidi, Praet, Soumare, Albrighton, Mendy, Dewsbury-Hall, Iheanacho, Vardy, Perez, Daka

We've ended up with 26.

Does the 'best owners in football' tag still apply here?

I'm seeing something incredibly worrying happening and have been for a while.
The Srivaddhanaprabha's ownership of Leicester city has been an incredible success, they have delivered on the pitch beyond expectations, and contributed to the community in ways other clubs dream of.

The company is going through a tough time right now, yet they continue to show their commitment to the club by investing in infrastructure.

I think for everything they have done, they deserve our support through this difficult period.

The answer to my question at the start of this thread is now known.

No, we can't.

We sell our captain and goalkeeper and our best defender and bring in a nobody keeper and potentially a decent defender.

It's been absymal. No bollocks about balancing books makes this acceptable. You can balance books and sort a squad out. We have made mistake after mistake from bringing in Congerton to signing poor players window after window and then setting average players on too high contracts and asking too much to sell them to try to recover losses.

Running a successful PL side might not be a problem after this season

I think any right thinking supporter now understands that there has to be a change of manager.

However, the failings off the field over the last three years need to be dealt with too.

I think the second sacking needs to be Rudkin. He's been disastrous as director of football.

I think the second sacking needs to be Rudkin. He's been disastrous as director of football.

This is where a lot of blame sits IMO, and has come up often as managers have changed.

Say what you want about Rodgers, but it's Rudkin and co. that have failed consistently to get deals done, both in and out. That doesn't sit with the manager any more, that sits with the director of football to get transfers sorted.

The fact that we've had offers for dross we want to get rid of - like Vestergaard and Perez - sits far more with Rudkin than Roders IMO.

I think now it's reached the point where the only thing we can do to refresh the squad is change manager; but if Rudkin had done his job better, I don't think we'd have reached that point.

Even if you blame Rodgers for Congerton and Congerton for the signings - Rudkin is the one signing off on that.

It's also interesting that when the Fofana deal went through, word was that it was Susan Whelan who had stepped in to get the deal done.

I was just saying to someone at work, what does Rudkin actually do?

He gets to work, makes a coffee, sits down at his desk…. Maybe polishes his spectacles….. then what?

I was just saying to someone at work, what does Rudkin actually do?

He gets to work, makes a coffee, sits down at his desk…. Maybe polishes his spectacles….. then what?

You know who I'd get in as director of football?

Nigel Pearson.

Nobody knows better than him how this club should be built behind the scenes. He's finished as a manager and makes it clear that he no longer enjoys being one.

Rudkin out, Pearson in.

Nigel Pearson.

Nobody knows better than him how this club should be built behind the scenes. He's finished as a manager and makes it clear that he no longer enjoys being one.

Rudkin out, Pearson in.

Cue alex alex 's head exploding.

NP's too hot headed for that role. There's a good reason the meek Jon Rudkin has been in place for so long.

Nigel Pearson.

Rudkin out, Pearson in.
He's not had money to spend but he seems to be getting a tune out of Bristol City this season, maybe we can hope to play against him next season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757