Can we still get the promotion place???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatthewHei

we still have 8 games left, that means we can get 24 pts in theory. If this happens, we can get 71 pts at the end. The most inportant thing is we will play 5 more games at home, what do u guys think??

P.S: Derby is at 6 now and they got 61 pts.

Steven

Possible but highly improbable. :roll:

chrislcfc18

Steven said:
Possible but highly improbable. :roll:

I agree with that. The most important thing at the minute is to ensure we are still in this division next season, after all we are still only 4 points off a relegation place. As for promotion, yes its possible, but i think we should take it a game at a time before we get too excited.

MKFox

:smt018
:roll:

Lako42

:D :roll:

step

Numerically we could still make the playoffs. But based on the results up to last week end. Statistically, the probability that a team will move up the league by six places in the time left is around 1 in 1000.
Only once has a team climbed 5 placed in the fizzy with 7 games left.
That dont mean it wont happen. It could, but it would be very, very unusall.

The good news is that no team has ever dropped by more the 5 places in the amount of games left, we would need to drop 7 places to get relegated which means the odds against us getting relegaterd are way in exsess of 1 in 1000

We are staying up, We are staying up

highland fox

Unfortunately No,it's beyond us.Next season will be a different story,Automatic promotion no problem ;-) .

Graz

Highly unlikely. Levein's written it off..

He's already said that when we're safe in this division he'll play some of the youngsters, so it seems giving them experience is more of a priority to him than making a late surge for the playoffs. I agree that it should be as well, it's unlikely we'll get to the playoffs, we'd probably have to win every game. Unlikely, so much better to give our youth a go to see if they will fit into the squad and maybe even the first eleven next season

FOX MENTAL

Graz said:
Highly unlikely. Levein's written it off..

He's already said that when we're safe in this division he'll play some of the youngsters, so it seems giving them experience is more of a priority to him than making a late surge for the playoffs. I agree that it should be as well, it's unlikely we'll get to the playoffs, we'd probably have to win every game. Unlikely, so much better to give our youth a go to see if they will fit into the squad and maybe even the first eleven next season

Its definately a good idea to play the youth. If one opf two of them shine then that means an extra few players for next season!!

alex

We won't get near the Play Offs this year IMO.
This is the start mind... Just the start........ Levein will be taking this club forward, just you wait and see.... One thing I predict is should he fashion a team to gain promotion, we will stay there.

Rayvon

It ain't happening.

and i'm glad, we are not ready yet. but after next season hopefully we will be emerging as a good team again.

Graz

I think our final position for this season will be 11th place, which will do for me :)

We'll go up next year :)

TommyK

MatthewHei said:
we still have 8 games left, that means we can get 24 pts in theory. If this happens, we can get 71 pts at the end. The most inportant thing is we will play 5 more games at home, what do u guys think??

Great optimism!! :) But not a chance! One win and we're talking about the play-offs, if we'd lost to Millwall we would have been talking about relegration!
Next season.

EMC Fox

Promotion is the worst thing that could happen. We are building a team for the future and if we were to scrape in then it would be back to bringing a load of free transfers in to try and keep us there.

Don't even know why we are bothering with this - it's not going to happen anyway :-D :roll:

Steven

EMC Fox said:
Promotion is the worst thing that could happen. We are building a team for the future and if we were to scrape in then it would be back to bringing a load of free transfers in to try and keep us there.

Don't even know why we are bothering with this - it's not going to happen anyway :-D :roll:

It might do (about 50/50 with going down according to step) and building a team in the PL would not be so bad, think of the money. :wink: ;-) :mrgreen:

Brauny Blue

MatthewHei said:

More chance of Bin Laden becoming the next mayor of New York than us reaching the play offs.
This is a complete non starter. Why would a team thats done nothing this season go on to win 9 consecutive games. Dream on.

Chrysalis

I applaud craig he is doing a great job, he hasnt been afraid to make changes and accepts that promotion isnt a reality, I have seen improvement in the way the team is playing and millwall was a result long time coming. We will be in a much better state if we get promoted end of next year or year after rather then going up this year, if we went up this year it would be straight back down with craig probably leaving after relegation if we do it properly then hopefully we can build a team for the future and craig will be with us a for a long time.

Melton Fox

Dancing Queen
webmaster said:
Brauny Blue said:
More chance of Bin Laden becoming the next mayor of New York than us reaching the play offs.

Can't see bin Laden going for the mayor's job, he's got his heart set on becoming the next pope.
Found him!. But I reckon he will have to put that spliff out before he stands a chance of the Pope's job!!

http://www.chuckyegg.co.uk/lighters.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670