Canary Islands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe_Fox

Ok, I know they are chav-tastic but which one is the least chavvy?
I'm pretty skint this summer but still want a holiday so was thinking on Canary Islands.

Which one is the best to go for if I want:

- least number of chavs
- least number of wasps
- least touristy

thanks

Ok, I know they are chav-tastic but which one is the least chavvy?
I'm pretty skint this summer but still want a holiday so was thinking on Canary Islands.

Which one is the best to go for if I want:

- least number of chavs
- least number of wasps
- least touristy

thanks

Fuertaventura was nice when I went, try one of the quieter spots like Jandia, amazing beach and very few wasps, as little as 3 in certain months.

I wouldn't say they are that chavtastic. I've had some nice holidays and there weren't that many chavs about.

I went to Playa de las Américas in Tenerife a few years ago and I really feared the worst. As long as you stayed away from certain parts it was actually really nice.

We stayed around where J is on this map, it's wasn't full of English themed crap. That was mostly further north of here and we stayed well away from it.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&s...5124,-16.73096&spn=0.003404,0.003707&t=h&z=18

Near J is the Centro Comercial Safari centre, that had quite a half decent places to eat. Actually had a really nice curry there, which is amazing as they are usually crap abroad.

Last edited:
Fuertaventura was nice when I went, try one of the quieter spots like Jandia, amazing beach and very few wasps, as little as 3 in certain months.
My old mum goes there at least twice a year on her todd. Corallejo though which is in the north of the island. Been there myself the once. Bit too quiet for me. Although one of the best selection of restaurants I've seen in such a small place.
I believe they now only have a pair of wasps who visit from Gran Canaria in June under contract to collect the pollen from the three flowering plants they have there. Mostly desert you see.

Last edited:
Try Costa Adeje in Tenerife, its near Playa de las Americas but far enough away to still have some charm. Think MK's been there too.

Are you taking skirt with you, or are you on the hunt for dirty holiday flange ?

Try Costa Adeje in Tenerife, its near Playa de las Americas but far enough away to still have some charm. Think MK's been there too.
Going in august.

haven't been for over a decade to tenerife, so i imagine it's changed but playa was a dive, but a good, holiday, beer and tarts dive. Los gigantes is further north and was rather nice. Fuerta we went to 15 years ago and was pretty basic. very windy if you like your watersports.....:icon_wink

Are you taking skirt with you, or are you on the hunt for dirty holiday flange ?

Taking the missus. Just want a chilled holiday really with a few bars and nice eateries.

You silver tonged charmer homer...

Makes a big difference, MK, as well you know

You don't want to be out and about with your good lady, whilst being surrounded by scantily clad motty out on the hunt for some holiday rumpo - you'd just get pissed off that you can't get stuck in.

Would ruin your whole holiday

Read the whole question and then reply, how many goddam wasps are there?

:icon_wink:icon_lol:

Last edited:
Playa blanca in lanzarote is very nice its quiet with some nice bars and resturants and some great beaches too.

Taking the missus. Just want a chilled holiday really with a few bars and nice eateries.

I would agree with the Adeje area of Tenerife (the Costa Adeje Gran hotel is really nice), or the Mogan area of Gran Canaria, nice marina and the beach at Playa Amadores is really nice with some great bars and restaurants.

You can keep your Costa Brava,I'm telling you mate I'd rather,have a day down Margate with all me family

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46