Captain 2012/2013 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
And who would be the club stupid enough to take a crocked Wellens off our hands?

You really shouldn't talk about our captain in that fashion! :icon_bigg

Seriously, I am amazed that anybody is in the least surprised. I expect Wellens back in the team the moment that he is fit, and that, barring further injuries, he will remain there all season.

Why are most people on here so against Wellens as Captain? If I remember correctly he was the Captain when NP was last in charge, it only changed when SGE signed Mills, and Sven handed him the armband, and look what a mess Mills made of it. We have a very young side with Wellens and Morgan being the senior players in the squad seems like a sensible arrangement to me, who else would you choose out of the current players? I have my tin hat on!

Why are most people on here so against Wellens as Captain? If I remember correctly he was the Captain when NP was last in charge, it only changed when SGE signed Mills, and Sven handed him the armband, and look what a mess Mills made of it. We have a very young side with Wellens and Morgan being the senior players in the squad seems like a sensible arrangement to me, who else would you choose out of the current players? I have my tin hat on!

How many games do you think Wellens will play this coming season? If he makes 15 appearances I'd be very surprised.

We need someone leading the team who is likely to be there every week. Morgan for me fits the bill, as does Schmeichel and Danns.

How many games do you think Wellens will play this coming season? If he makes 15 appearances I'd be very surprised.

We need someone leading the team who is likely to be there every week. Morgan for me fits the bill, as does Schmeichel and Danns.

Danns seems like too much of a clown to be the captain, I would hope Morgan is capable of doing a good job.

Danns seems like too much of a clown to be the captain, I would hope Morgan is capable of doing a good job.

I think Danns would be a great captain. He's tenacious and for me gives his all. He's got a clear vision in life and I think he'd be a good leader on the pitch.

Difficult to disagree with Morgan. He'll play every week, seems like his head is screwed on the right way and has an abundance of experience at this level. Seems like exactly the sort of captain Pearson - or any other manager for that matter - would go for.

Surely everyone on the pitch should be leading the rest in an ideal world, but in a realistic world there should be more than just one player jeeing everyone up.

If he makes 15 appearances I'd be very surprised

If we are reliant on Wellens getting back into the team when he's back from injury, then something will have gone horribly wrong with the start of the season, to the point of total feckin' disaster

I hope he doesn't play a single minute

Captains of little importance in upper levels of football today. The manager
/ coach tries to operate on the same principles as remote controlling a model car.

Club captain is a term often used for someone who isn't likely to actually play a lot of football - Wellens seems a natural for such a role which isn't to say that he hasn't been a very useful player - but about finished now. Pearson's quotes on how well he is progressing possibly needs translating into hw will be out till Christmas at the earliest.

He would be the fans' captain, for sure, but different players offer different things as captain.

Blowjobs. If I was Captain I would offer blowjobs. Now that's different. Blowjobs and a map to my secret gay dungeon. The dungeon isn't gay, but the bumming that goes on inside is proper bent. I wonder what Wellens has on the table. Not even ****ing close to what I'm offering. Shit Captain.

I think Danns would be a great captain. He's tenacious and for me gives his all. He's got a clear vision in life and I think he'd be a good leader on the pitch.

What the **** are you going on about. Is it mushroom season? FFS.

What's his ****ing vision? Tell. **** me, does he want to teach spastics to sing? I'm all ears. Please explain your ridiculous remark linking Dann's clear vision in life to him being a suitable Captain. This I need to hear.

Or have I read too much into this. Are you saying that not requiring regular trips to Specsavers is a key ingredient to successful captaincy of a professional football team. If this is the case, yes, people that can see make good Captains. I apologise for my rant, but I had assumed that being able to see was a given, in the same way I have assumed that our Captain should be blessed with at least one partially supple leg with which to prod a football.

Strewth.

Last edited:
Surely everyone on the pitch should be leading the rest in an ideal world, but in a realistic world there should be more than just one player jeeing everyone up.

You could lead this god forsaken country to a more prosperous future. You're a wise man. People should listen to you. In front of you, the Dalai Lama looks like a no brain twat.

Blowjobs. If I was Captain I would offer blowjobs. Now that's different. Blowjobs and a map to my secret gay dungeon. The dungeon isn't gay, but the bumming that goes on inside is proper bent. I wonder what Wellens has on the table. Not even ****ing close to what I'm offering. Shit Captain.
What the **** are you going on about. Is it mushroom season? FFS.

What's his ****ing vision? Tell. **** me, does he want to teach spastics to sing? I'm all ears. Please explain your ridiculous remark linking Dann's clear vision in life to him being a suitable Captain. This I need to hear.

Or have I read too much into this. Are you saying that not requiring regular trips to Specsavers is a key ingredient to successful captaincy of a professional football team. If this is the case, yes, people that can see make good Captains. I apologise for my rant, but I had assumed that being able to see was a given, in the same way I have assumed that our Captain should be blessed with at least one partially supple leg with which to prod a football.

Strewth.
You could lead this god forsaken country to a more prosperous future. You're a wise man. People should listen to you. In front of you, the Dalai Lama looks like a no brain twat.
:017:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670