Car Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

pds

Anyone ever used Quinn Direct, I've read all the reviews but it seems the same for every company - some good/some bad.

I've got my first car but have no no claims discount as I have only been a named driver on my mums policy for two years.

She's been with Direct Line for a year so I can use a years no claims if I get a policy with Direct Line but they are quoting £400 dearer than Quinn.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Have you tried the price comparison sites, comparethemarket etc?

Yep tried them all and Quinn consistently come out cheaper.Not heard too much about them so wondered if anyone had any personal experience.

Yep tried them all and Quinn consistently come out cheaper.Not heard too much about them so wondered if anyone had any personal experience.

I had three years with them. No claims during that time though, so nothing really to comment on.

Direct line don't give you full no claims discount for being a named driver. However if you do it online there is no option for a named driver no claims, so see if it comes out cheaper with a full years no claims.

I did this and they called me to query it. I explained the situation and they accepted it.

They do if you're a named driver on an existing Direct Line policy and there is an option when doing it online as I have done it.

Are they underwritten by a larger company? usually the case with these lesser known insurance companies. Might give you more peice of mind.

Are they underwritten by a larger company? usually the case with these lesser known insurance companies. Might give you more peice of mind.

That's what i was going to say. I'm with Auto Direct but when it came to claiming i had to go to the company that underwrites the business - Fortis.

Quinn are effectively brokers...

Although i'd expect Paul knows this as he works for an insurance broker...

That's what i was going to say. I'm with Auto Direct but when it came to claiming i had to go to the company that underwrites the business - Fortis.

So basically he's spamming us :)

I do work in insurance but not motor insurance, therefore my knowlege on the matter is pretty low.

In that case we better have some less than flattering reviews to balance things up :icon_bigg

I'd already read that and to be honest 1.8 is quite a high score compared to a lot of the competitors.

I'd already read that and to be honest 1.8 is quite a high score compared to a lot of the competitors.

I can believe it - there's a lot of cowboys out there!!

Quinn are not brokers of any kind. Quinn is an insurance company.

Quinn are not brokers of any kind. Quinn is an insurance company.

You would be correct

Since established in 1996, QUINN-direct has been the fastest growing insurance company in Ireland, due to the excellent value products we have provided to our customers. Over the last 12 years, QUINN-direct Insurance has been driving down the cost of insurance in Ireland and gaining a reputation for value, customer service and innovation. This business has further expanded in recent years to provide insurance cover outside of Ireland, in the UK

QUINN-direct provides general insurance products including private and commercial motor insurance, motorcycle insurance & home insurance. Products are sold over the phone to customers and brokers from purpose built call centres in Ireland and the UK, and in addition the Company's Internet site allows customers to get immediate cover online.

QUINN-direct Insurance is regulated by the Irish Financial Regulator, QUINN-direct Registered Office: Dublin Road, Cavan, Co. Cavan. Company registered number 240768

I will make sure i do not make such assumptions in future...

Anyone ever used Quinn Direct, I've read all the reviews but it seems the same for every company - some good/some bad.

I've got my first car but have no no claims discount as I have only been a named driver on my mums policy for two years.

She's been with Direct Line for a year so I can use a years no claims if I get a policy with Direct Line but they are quoting £400 dearer than Quinn.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

Glad I didn't use them now! They have gone into administration.

Glad I didn't use them now! They have gone into administration.

Your policy would still have been valid and the administrators are saying that all claims will be met. I would be feeling the same way as you do though.

Your policy would still have been valid and the administrators are saying that all claims will be met. I would be feeling the same way as you do though.

On the subject of insurance,does anybody no any good ones for first time drivers,my son has just turned 17 and the cheapest i can find is 2500 :icon_eek: and thats for a 1.0 fiesta thanks

On the subject of insurance,does anybody no any good ones for first time drivers,my son has just turned 17 and the cheapest i can find is 2500 :icon_eek: and thats for a 1.0 fiesta thanks

Probably best for him if you can put him on to your insurance?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670