Car Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your policy would still have been valid and the administrators are saying that all claims will be met. I would be feeling the same way as you do though.

I know, not exactly what you would want if you've just given them £1k plus.

Tried that mate,it works out dearer i think there on to me :mad:

Elephant are ok if you don't take a courtesy car etc. I found them even cheaper a few years ago by adding my wife as a named driver. Perhaps your son could add you?

I have found LV to be very competitive and good customer service. Online is cheapest but if you ring them they will usually match the online price.

Cate, you don't seem the sort of girl who would encourage someone to break the law...

How am I encouraging her to break the law by adding him on to her insurance? You can add additional drivers and he would be able to drive her car at least :icon_conf

Last edited:
How am I encouraging her to break the law by adding him on to her insurance? You can add additional drivers and he would be able to drive her car at least :icon_conf

I'm not certain that it is illegal but you could invalidate the policy if the named driver is the main driver Can't remember what the term is though to describe it. I'm sure we had a thread about it on here not long ago.

Edit: just re-read your post and now realise this isn't what you said. Still a valid point though.

Last edited:

Apologies, it seemed that you were suggesting she should name herself as the main driver of her son's car. I may have misunderstood.

I'm not certain that it is illegal but you could invalidate the policy if the named driver is the main driver Can't remember what the term is though to describe it. I'm sure we had a thread about it on here not long ago.

The term is 'fronting'.

Edit: And it is definitely not legal.

Last edited:

I'm not saying add him as an additional driver and then be the main driver - that would more than likely invalidate the insurance. I was suggesting him being the additional driver, so at least he gets experience (some insurers will let him build up no claims in this way too - Direct Line I think do this).

Edit - I've just seen that you re-read my post - thanks :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670