Post Match Cardiff 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, NP selects three central midfielders and plays five across midfield and, surprise, surprise, we're more solid and competitive.

However, we have to change this formation after an hour as one of the three midfielders is so unfit that he's got to come off.

Isn't that when we scored?

5Live were impressed with Pearson's tactical changes and he did get it spot on tonight in making it difficult for them for the most of the game and then having a go at them when they begin to tire but I do agree with BN that we needed another CM to bring on to keep it tight rather than chucking aimless balls up.

I know James is out but 4 CM is not enough for a full season, especially when 1 has been injury prone throughout his career and the other is pretty much ready to hang up his boots. The blame for this is at Pearson's door.

Saying that though it's hardly a reason to get shot of him and tonight he has shown us that he can get the players to dig in and perform when things haven't been going our way, mix it up and try something different and get us to get a result that we would have all taken before the game at one of the hardest places to go this season.

Granted with that late equaliser, it does make an automatic spot very hard to achieve though no reason to give up just yet as there are still 30 points to play for with all of the top teams playing each other at some point, but it does give us every confidence that if we fall short and end up in the play-offs at the end of the year, there is every reason to be optimistic of our chances whoever we get.

Now lets silence some Rams on Saturday evening! :038:

You all looked real pretty in yer scarves. Not quite sure why we left Bellamy on the bench if fit. Schlupp looked handy. Meh.

Brighton don't play until Sunday away to Palace - and Forest have a tough away game at Hull. 3 points against the sheep shaggers and all will be well again. Gutted like everyone else at not taking the 3 points tonight but surely a huge step in the right direction ?

Looks like it will be Cardiff and Hull for auto.Prob Forest or Lester for play off winners.I think Watford will start to unravel and I don"t think Palace luck can continue

The lighter headed Cardiff fans will regard this as a triumph because of the timing of their equaliser. The wiser Cardiff fans will be disappointed when the best team in the division only manages a draw at home.

Eighteen teams have visited Cardiff this season. Two have done better than us. Thirteen have done worse. To go there and draw is a good result.

I was out tonight so only following the game on my phone... having not listened to it, I'd say I'm happy with a point. I looked and we were 1-0 up but expected Cardiff to grab home.

Would've taken a draw beforehand, can't complain. Better result given that Brighton lost. If they'd won, the draw would seem worse.
Hopefully beat Derby and push on to secure our playoff place. We're just waiting for the right time to come back into form ;)

Didn't know when the goals were scored so was pretty happy with a draw until I saw that they equalised in injury time. Sickened. Oh well - move on.

It's frustrating but it's not the end of the world. Before the match I think anyone would have taken a point. We need to win a game soon though please.

Something about Legoland. Last minute goals, rugby tackles, penalty losses. It's ****ing hex on that stadium.

And Vardy is being blamed by most City fans because the Keystone Cops of the football commentatory world scapegoated him. Looking at the goal, the finger could be pointed at three players.

Last edited:
Result in line with my expectation and prediction on pre-match thread.

Contributes one of the circa 4 drawa we need to be accompanied by a further 5 wins needed - all approximates to ensure that we can retain our illusions/ delusions a bit longer.

As for Cardiff: i don't know whether Rhydal has time to follow Cardiff as well as post on here - but he probably needs to make the most of next season as they have about a circa 70% chance of coming straight back down to rejoin us.

They are best of a bad bunch - in a quality devoid league and will find it extremely difficult with or without the money to persuade better players to sign for them. The fact that it is so poor a league makes it a bigger shame that we haven't taken advantage this season when we had the chance.

They are best of a bad bunch - in a quality devoid league and will find it extremely difficult with or without the money to persuade better players to sign for them. The fact that it is so poor a league makes it a bigger shame that we haven't taken advantage this season when we had the chance.

Again, I don't know where people get this from. The Championship is probably one of the highest quality second tiers in Europe.

Again, I don't know where people get this from. The Championship is probably one of the highest quality second tiers in Europe.

exactly, and the historical stats say they have about a 33% chance of coming back down if I remember correctly.

Finally, NP selects three central midfielders and plays five across midfield and, surprise, surprise, we're more solid and competitive.

However, we have to change this formation after an hour as one of the three midfielders is so unfit that he's got to come off. This midfielder hasn't played a game in anger for ages and we don't have another midfielder to replace him. I think this is key. Players that have two games a week are knackered and players that don't play at all are also knackered. Something stinks in terms of what is supposed to be happening on the training ground.

When we score and go ahead, we should be able to shut up shop, overrun the midfield and kill the game. But we can't because the team is run by a total moron. Danns could have been on the bench, Wellens could have been got fit, a loaned midfielder could have been brought in. All managerial failures.

I don't blame Vardy for letting a cross go in. I blame NP for relying on Vardy (a piss poor miserable failure of a signing) to do a defensive job in such key circumstances. We finished the game with four out of form strikers on the pitch.

A draw may be of value in our competition for 5th/6th place. But it is yet another opportunity pissed away against a poor side for no good reason.

This is just madness BN. Like I've said before, I usually disagree with you, but you tend to put points across in a reasoned manner. There is nothing reasoned about this post.

We go to Cardiff, who I believe have the best home record in the division, and totally outplay them. The "poor side" assertion is just a lazy spin-off from the "look how shit the Championship is" crowd. Rather than put any weight on the huge number of positives (tactics spot on, motivation spot on, team spirit spot on despite recent adversity, Schlupp having a fantastic game at left back after all the nonsense that's been written on here, the positive impact that the substitutions made - yes they did, the excellent loan signing of Michael Keane etc. etc.), you focus on blaming Nigel for whatever reasons fit this week (Danns, for f*ck's sake!). I'm all for diversity of opinion and being allowed to speak your mind, but have some balance.

Objectively speaking, excellent point, and the performance should at least instill some belief.

Back the team. And try to back the manager until the end of the season at least.

I do not know how one judges a league in one country against that of another. I know that I have not seen a single match from any second tier but our own. What I would say, is that there are no stand out teams in the Championship this season so, either the lower teams have improved immensely, or else the top teams are of a lower standard.

Teams like Southampton and Reading walked this league and are struggling in the Premier League: which Championship team looks noticeably above average this season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566