Post Match Cardiff 1 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know how one judges a league in one country against that of another. I know that I have not seen a single match from any second tier but our own. What I would say, is that there are no stand out teams in the Championship this season so, either the lower teams have improved immensely, or else the top teams are of a lower standard.

Teams like Southampton and Reading walked this league and are struggling in the Premier League: which Championship team looks noticeably above average this season?

Generally judged on level of investment, historical statistics of teams going up and staying up for more than one season, as well as number of regular international players playing in the league. The only league that really competes is the second tier of the Bundesliga.

Cardiff are the stand out team this season. However, I think Hull and Watford would also stand a decent chance of staying up if they got promoted. Potntially us too, however, I'm still undsure whether Pearson could mix it with the big boys IF we get promotion.

.......Objectively speaking, excellent point, and the performance should at least instill some belief.

Back the team. And try to back the manager until the end of the season at least.

Looked on a single game, a point is a good result and, more than I could foresee when I looked at the team sheet: however, even Nigel Pearson was honest enough to not be satisfied with a team that could not close out the final few minutes of a game that they were winning.

The manner of the result means that the team will hardly have rejuvenated their confidence and, to me at least, feels like extending the slow death of our season.

I do not know how one judges a league in one country against that of another. I know that I have not seen a single match from any second tier but our own. What I would say, is that there are no stand out teams in the Championship this season so, either the lower teams have improved immensely, or else the top teams are of a lower standard.

I imagine one watches the football in said leagues and compares the skill levels, speed, organisation, work rate and tenacity of the players. How else does one judge the strength of a team(s)?

Last edited:
I feel fairly positive after the result, I still don't think I can trust Pearson to make the right decisions towards the end of a game.

Saturday is massive for us, I really think we need to grab a win, If we lose then it's going to be terribly difficult.

I will echo what I said yesterday, If you don't support the manager then fine, but for god's sake support the team, I really think we need to show the players we are fully behind them as fans, it will only help us if we do make the play-off positions come the end of the season.

Blue army!!

A real kick in the teeth and not what we deserved at all. A fighting performance at last from Foxes and I was very nearly about to "told you so.." on here, when that happened.

It's not all over yet. Keep the faith.

Again, I don't know where people get this from. The Championship is probably one of the highest quality second tiers in Europe.

Don't know how you work that out - but its all about different opinions.

Mine is that the Championship is absolutely denuded in quality by the simple fact that players who are marginal in the Premier League would rather warm their arses on the bench than get regular first team football in the Championship.

As for Matt B's point - never mind the statistics in the current climate I would see if hypothetically Cardiff, Watford and Hull are promoted that at least (any)two of the three would be instantly relegated.

Sadly, I don't think we will face that disappointment - guess why?

I would see if hypothetically Cardiff, Watford and Hull are promoted that at least (any)two of the three would be instantly relegated.

Sadly, I don't think we will face that disappointment - guess why?

Is it because you've already hypothetically promoted three teams and adding a fourth would be pushing this fantasy just a bit too far?

*Edit* I'm all for it though

Last edited:
You are correct OF - bang on that it was a creditable point and performance (just as I expected and predicted on the basis that we do have some decent players and they will have some pride after last saturday + Cardiff are nothing to write home about).However, a point is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick - but we need wins. The almost inevitable capitulation in the dying stages of the game just reinforces the impression that we don't have the strength to see things through and we didn't have the confidence to go for the jugular when we took the lead.

Of course it was a decent show - but I think the impact on confidence will be neutral in terms of the trip to Pride Park.

Is it because you've already hypothetically promoted three teams and adding a fourth would be pushing this fantasy just a bit too far?

*Edit* I'm all for it though

Macky I'm afraid that even if the nice people at the Premier League agree to to my request to increase promotion this season to four clubs that this will not be enough to enable you to wave your scarf in celebration outside the Town Hall.

You are correct OF - bang on that it was a creditable point and performance (just as I expected and predicted on the basis that we do have some decent players and they will have some pride after last saturday + Cardiff are nothing to write home about).However, a point is better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick - but we need wins. The almost inevitable capitulation in the dying stages of the game just reinforces the impression that we don't have the strength to see things through and we didn't have the confidence to go for the jugular when we took the lead.Of course it was a decent show - but I think the impact on confidence will be neutral in terms of the trip to Pride Park.

Up until a few games ago we hadn't conceded in the last 10 minutes of a game, so to say "almost inevitable capitulation" is a bit extreme.
Don't you think bringing on 2 strikers (whatever you feel about said strikers) is having a go for the jugular?

Up until a few games ago we hadn't conceded in the last 10 minutes of a game, so to say "almost inevitable capitulation" is a bit extreme.
Don't you think bringing on 2 strikers (whatever you feel about said strikers) is having a go for the jugular?

Before last night there had only been 1 other game where the result changed for the negative after bringing on on either/both Waghorn and Vardy in the last 10-20 minutes.

Still conceeded the least amount of goals in the division by a Norfolk handful too which equates to less than 1 per game.

Still not lost by more than 1 this season.

Could have done with a bit more luck but still plenty to be positive about why we can beat anyone in this league.

Macky I'm afraid that even if the nice people at the Premier League agree to to my request to increase promotion this season to four clubs that this will not be enough to enable you to wave your scarf in celebration outside the Town Hall.

Which is a good thing, in fairness, as I don't possess a scarf

Why Vardy, for me it was a terrible choice,i think Pearson should have put on a defender if he was going to put a sub on,Zac Whitbread was sitting on the bench,just put a defender on ,it can only be a better choice than Vardy ,once again a Pearson cock up.how much longer can he make these bad cock ups before he goes, for me i to am gutted.

Was Vardy actually at fault for the goal?

Serious question as I only listened on 5Live which didn't really indicate that he was and I had no reason to stick SSN on last night so not seen yet.

Just seems like that just because he gave that penalty away against 'boro, everything is his fault once he comes on.

I don't think he should be really coming on and needs to be shipped out on loan to boost his confidence and get him playing regularly but to blame him for every dropped point which is how it seems, is going a bit OTT.

Was Vardy actually at fault for the goal?

Serious question as I only listened on 5Live which didn't really indicate that he was and I had no reason to stick SSN on last night so not seen yet.

Just seems like that just because he gave that penalty away against 'boro, everything is his fault once he comes on.

I don't think he should be really coming on and needs to be shipped out on loan to boost his confidence and get him playing regularly but to blame him for every dropped point which is how it seems, is going a bit OTT.

I've never heard OTT used as an acronym for "par for the course" before.

Why Vardy, for me it was a terrible choice,i think Pearson should have put on a defender if he was going to put a sub on,Zac Whitbread was sitting on the bench,just put a defender on ,it can only be a better choice than Vardy ,once again a Pearson cock up.how much longer can he make these bad cock ups before he goes, for me i to am gutted.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Bring on Zak, not played much football in recent months, invites pressure more so than bringing a forward on.
We could have ended up losing the game.

Football it's a game of if's, but's and maybe's, but don't let that cloud your preconceived judgment of our manager :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566