Cardiff City - Play-off Semi-Final 1st Leg (Home)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, if we stop 'em from scoring at our place, we'll be fine

You do know away goals don't count right?

As otherwise it would be an unfair advantage to the team finishing lower in the league playing away from home 2nd.

I trust this group of players with a lead, I we can do 'em 1-0 at home again I'd fancy us to win the tie.

Last edited:
Same here. I'm pretty confident of a home win and reckon we can shut them out at their place with no more than a narrow loss.

That said, I remember what happened when we tried to defend a 2-0 lead against cov. We failed miserably and that was only for 70 minutes.

I'll be putting a fiver on a 4-0 win at mark jarvis tomorrow.
Ive just got a funny feeling.

You do know away goals don't count right?

As otherw*s* it would be an unfair advantage to the team finishing lower in the league playing away from home 2nd.

if away goals dont count, does this mean if we lose 5-1 at the walkers, and draw 0-0 away, we go through 1-0 :)

if away goals dont count, does this mean if we lose 5-1 at the walkers, and draw 0-0 away, we go through 1-0 :)

:081:

Very good!

Everyone seems to be rather confident. What if . . .

7 mins - Brown stands on the ball under pressure and Boothroyd races through. Leicester keeper Weale blocks first effort but ball rebounds to the Cardiff striker who finishes with ease.

22 mins - Strong challenge on striker Waghorn on the half way line. Waghorn kicks out and is shown straight red card.

57 mins - Berner fouls Burke 20 yards out. Whittingham scores with deflected free kick.

84 mins - Sub Fryatt challenged unfairly in penalty area. Fryatt takes penalty and puts it wide of the left hand post.

Final Score - Leicester City 0 Cardiff City 2

Personally I think it's a lottery

Both teams are equally matched and IMO, the two sides who have got better as the season has gone.

Reckon we've got the best 'team' mind but sometimes it's individual magic seperates these games.

I am so chilled out. I am in a pub in Barnet drinking a pint of Heineken watching Blackpool v Forest and then off to Barnet v Rochdale. All whilst smoking a cigar. These blokes are on edge!

Never been so nervous about a game in all of my life. Can't wait, hope the players can rise to the occasion and send us to Wembley.

Put a downer on it all why dont you :icon_roll

I also heard a text from Andy in Long Eaton (remember him?) on Radio Leicester this morning.

It went something like "It's been a good season and great that City have got into the play-offs, but I don't think we'll beat Cardiff and we won't get promoted."

Typical from him.

Last edited:
I also heard a text from Andy in Long Eaton (remember him?) on Radio Leicester this morning.

It went something like "It's been a good season and great that City have got into the play-offs, but I don't think we'll beat Cardiff and we won't get promoted."

Typical from him.

:icon_lol: Is that "that egghead from Long Eaton"?

I felt like someone had stolen my soul when that Welsh bastard tucked away that penalty for Swindon.

I can only hope such heartache does not await our young TBers.

The odds are 3-1 against so don't expect to get to the Prem. If we do then it is a great end to a good season. If not then we will have another enjoyable season in the Championship.

Enjoy the stress of football. It is not real stress. As a young man I worked with a colleague who had been in the RAF during the war and he mocked the modern talk of stress in the work place saying "David sress is a German plane." For most of us real stress -nasty stress -will come from the health of people we care about."
Have a good time at the match and remember there will be other seasons and there will be good times and bad times in this crazy game,

Part of the magic of football is that there is no way of knowing what will happen. If you don't want stress try opera or Shakespeare where you know what is going to happen in advance.

Enjoy the game.

Everyone seems to be rather confident. What if . . .

7 mins - Brown stands on the ball under pressure and Boothroyd races through. Leicester keeper Weale blocks first effort but ball rebounds to the Cardiff striker who finishes with ease.

22 mins - Strong challenge on striker Waghorn on the half way line. Waghorn kicks out and is shown straight red card.

57 mins - Berner fouls Burke 20 yards out. Whittingham scores with deflected free kick.

84 mins - Sub Fryatt challenged unfairly in penalty area. Fryatt takes penalty and puts it wide of the left hand post.

Final Score - Leicester City 0 Cardiff City 2

Ooh i know the answer to this one! We all go home in a bad mood, question the manager, the team, life in general, wonder why on earth we bothered paying out for an away leg ticket to sit through more of this drivel, take it out on the other half, and then finally kick the cat before finishing off any alcohol that can be found at the back of the fridge.

We are all well versed in how to react to when it all goes all wrong!

But hey, we have not even kicked off yet. Bit of postivity and confidence never did much harm in the lead up to a game im sure.

:056:

Does the away goals rule still count in the playoffs? I remember it stopped for something, but can't remember what!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00