Pre Match Cardiff City v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be one heck of a challenge if we're without both full backs. I'd be interested to see people's thoughts about a line up to battle for a result from the available players? The best I can come up with is:

Schmeichel

St. Ledger Keane Morgan Whitbread (very narrow back four - no going forward)

Drinkwater Wellens King Schlupp (Drinkwater tucking in and Schlupp supporting Whitbread)

Knockaert (free role)

Nugent

This is going to be one heck of a challenge if we're without both full backs. I'd be interested to see people's thoughts about a line up to battle for a result from the available players? The best I can come up with is:

Schmeichel

St. Ledger Keane Morgan Whitbread (very narrow back four - no going forward)

Drinkwater Wellens King Schlupp (Drinkwater tucking in and Schlupp supporting Whitbread)

Knockaert (free role)

Nugent

:icon_conf

Not sure I can do much better, but :icon_conf nonetheless.

I would perhaps just change Wood for Nugent as perhaps Nugent isn't still fit and Wood is better in the air.

Plus I hear Nugent is earmarked as goalkeeper.

Why would you drop Wood?

Schmeichel
St Ledger, Morgan, Keane, Schlupp
Knockaert, Drinkwater, King, Dyer,
Wood, Nugent

I've asked this a few times and not seen an answer... possibly because no one knows... but how much longer is Matty James out for?

Why would you drop Wood?

Schmeichel
St Ledger, Morgan, Keane, Schlupp
Knockaert, Drinkwater, King, Dyer,
Wood, Nugent

I've asked this a few times and not seen an answer... possibly because no one knows... but how much longer is Matty James out for?

Assuming Dyer is over his bereavement, I'd agree with this. I understand why we changed to 3 up front to try and keep it central against Leeds and Sheffield but it really isn't working. Back to the old style and hope that Knockaert pulls his finger out and does what he is capable of.

Judging on his career prior to coming here he will never be back.

The fact that the only cover for the very important central position is a total sicknote is yet more shit planning from the management.

Its not like it wasn't well known that he has big injury problems before we signed him.

Can someone get me the odds for an away win?
I think we'll nick it - nuge with the only goal in the first half we then don the tin hats for all the taffs can throw at us - mad as it may sound but i honestly think we will win.
Then we'll go on a run of 5-6 games unbeaten and finish 4th in the table.

Cue the slaughter......

Last edited:
Waghorn to score after 36 minutes, Wes Morgan and his men to park the bus after 37 minutes.

maybe we should try Waghorn on Tuesday on the basis there is at least potential for him to do something and change a game. Once he gets his confidence back he can be a match winner as we saw earlier in the season.

When was that match and/or period of which you speak? I must have missed it.

But I agree, Waghorn should play on the right wing with Vardy behind him at right back. Schlupp and Kane in tandem on the left. Nugent and Wood up front. And let's call back Futacs so he and Hopper can play in central midfield. With eight "strikers" on the pitch we're bound to score some goals.

Lose and I really think it's the final nail in the coffin for Pearson. I think 2-0 Cardiff. They're much better organised than us and I just can't see us getting anything with our current form.

Last edited:
As much as I would really like to think we'll beat them in true LCFC style of being shit for ages and then beating the top team, I just can't.

Even blind optimism has pretty much been lost now and thank **** the F1 season starts up again this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669