Cardiff Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

I couldn't help myself. :icon_conf From the OS. ;)

Boss Eyes Bluebirds

Rob Kelly says his squad are fully charged once again as they prepare for the trip to Wales to take on Cardiff City on Saturday.

The two clubs agreed to bring the fixture forward three days after they were both knocked out of the FA Cup at the third round replay stage against Premiership opposition last week.

And following an enforced 10-day break, Kelly believes his side will be raring to go at Ninian Park this weekend.

He said: "We've had a bit of a break, but the players are now really looking forward to getting back on the pitch. We will go there and give it a real good go.

"I think the fact that the game has been moved is a victory for common sense. We both had a blank weekend, and the new date will allow more of our fans to travel to the fixture. That has got to be a good thing.

""I like going to Ninian Park It is quite traditional and it is a bit old fashioned. The supporters can stand and there is always a good atmosphere. They certainly give you plenty."

The Foxes go into the game looking to build on two positive away performances against Fulham and Colchester, while Cardiff registered a confidence-boosting win at Wolves last time out.

Kelly added: "It is always a tight game there for us and we will be going there hoping to repeat the level of performance we have been showing recently - but with the right result this time.

"Cardiff have got the potential to be a really big club, particularly in our division. They've got a big catchment area to work on.

"They have sold players, but they have also bought very well. It will be a test.

"Cardiff have taken a couple of years to stabilise, but now they are looking to move on. They have got a new stadium on the horizon and they would seem to be moving in the right direction.

"I have come across Dave Jones on a couple of occasions and I have always found him a decent bloke. Cardiff have stuck with him and they are now reaping the rewards."

Leicester go into the game waiting on the fitness of midfielder Danny Tiatto, while Cardiff look set to be without skipper Darren Purse, who has a back injury.

Henderson

McAuley
McCarthy
Kisnorbo
Maybury

Porter
Wesolowski
Williams
Hughes

Fryatt
Hume

Subs:

Logan
Stearman
Johnson
Hammond
Cadamarteri

Last edited:
Is Nissa still dead or did he get better?

I we can play with the same intensity and composure we did against Fulham we can beat these. As long as we defend solidly and retain possession. Cardiff are on an awful slump so we should get at them as their fans will quickly get on their backs if they look like they'll lose.

I we can play with the same intensity and composure we did against Fulham we can beat these. As long as we defend solidly and retain possession. Cardiff are on an awful slump so we should get at them as their fans will quickly get on their backs if they look like they'll lose.
only thing is most teams seem to start there come back while playing us :icon_eek:
i can see a 2-2 draw on the cards

you could be right but i would like a win please :icon_cool

Doesn't matter who we play or how far in front we are, we always seem to cave in. I'm hoping for 0-0 with a last minute winner, if we lead for too long, we'll lose

Just checked the league table. If we win today we move nowhere, if we lose 3-0, we'll drop 2 places

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566