Cardiff Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the last 20 we were awesome!

fast, knocking the ball around well, one touch football.

Chambers and King looked great

Come on Leicester

Can't believe none of those crosses got a touch.

Cardiff were incredibly lucky with the Hume shot, it hit the post, bounced off Schmeichel's back and went wide.

Fed up of draws.

Sheehan was good. Hume and Fryatt battled but didn't really get into it although Fryatt was more effective than Hume.

Newton was awful.

Last edited:
Was reassuring to see us end a match strongly. Unfortunate we didn't get the goal we deserved but there are a fair few positives to take from the game.

Can't believe none of those crosses got a touch.

Cardiff were incredibly lucky with the Hume shot, it hit the post, bounced off Schmeichel's back and went wide.

Fed up of draws.

Sheehan was good. Hume and Fryatt battled but didn't really get into it although Fryatt was more effective than Hume.

Newtown was awful.

Dunno, Bradgate park's quite nice:icon_wink

Last edited:
A win would have been nice but this was a much more promising performance. Considering Ollie has had no time to work with the players the change in attitude is great, much more positive and a belief in the youngsters. I'm feeling more positive than I have for ages. Well done Leicester. :038: :038:

Last edited:
I'm hoping Chambers and King did enough to force their way into the first team. We looked much more creative with those two out there. A bit of enthusiasm works wonders.

Newton is always shit, runs around like a headless chicken, and whenever he does anything remotely decent he ****s it up within seconds.

Good to see some youngsters get a game, but we still only look really threatening from set peices. As much as we dominated possession from open play we didn't really look like scoring all that much.

Still, there's a lot of improvement there, once we get rid of the long balls to Fryatt/Hume every few minutes we'll be a decent side.

Deserved to win that, which makes a change.

Hayes sounded worth a start

If it wasn't for Schmeichel, we would've won.

Last 20 minutes was very good. Chambers played fantastically when he came on.

Reason to be optimistic from what I saw, just need to actually put it in the net at the end of it

Don't know if this was said in the earlier thread but despite the freebies 27000(better than many a premiership game) on a Monday night for a Sky game must reasssure Ollie that he made the right move. Well done to all those who managed to go and create what sounded a great atmosphere.

Ollie will be great here, I'm sure of that. Tonight however we weren't very good until the end. IMO that was a very average team tonight, yet again we failed to pass the ball. Ollie has work to do.

However we looked stronger as we went on, which is a great sign and when all players are settled and fit then this season has, for me, just started with four points on the board.

Well done to all Leicester fans who showed tonight, a fantastic idea and effort. You/we deserve to see a team who are fighting, the biggest plus for me is that that was evident tonight, which is promising.

We got better and better in that game, well done the lads. Most entertaining i've seen us play in ages, definate improvement in attitude and passion.

I think we can move forward from this. Well done Ollie!

the last 25 mins we looked like a very good team and if we had kept the ball on the deck a bit more i'm sure we would have created more chances in open play. Ditch the long ball lads we're better than that.

The future does look bright with all those youngsters. If MM lets Holloway buy a couple of mature heads to gell the team we have the makings of a very good squad.

We were pretty poor for 60 mins and Clem's passing was shocking. A lot of work for Ollie to do!

Ollie did well with the subs and we were a different team afterwards and Clem even started running the midfield with King.

Defence was pretty good, Sheehan played well and all 3 subs did OK. Weso was the best of the midfield before he went off, but not great.

An encouraging end to the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670