Carl Cort Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

From OS

Foxes Capture Cort

Leicester City have today (Friday) completed a major transfer coup in securing the signing of former Newcastle United and Wolves striker Carl Cort.

Cort, who moved to St James' Park from Wimbledon in a deal worth £7 million in 2000, joins the Foxes on a two-year contract.

The 29-year-old becomes manager Martin Allen's fourth signing of the week - following the capture of former AC Milan and Bolton defender Bruno N'Gotty, highly rated Danish goalkeeper Jimmy Nielsen and young striker Ricky Sappleton.

And Allen confirmed that he had beaten off competition from a number of clubs to secure his most recent acquisition's signature.

Allen said: "Carl has quality and I am delighted he has chosen us over four other clubs, including one from the Premiership.

"I believe I am going to get the best out of him. I am going to work him hard and push him to maximise his ability. Then the ball is in his court."

Chairman Milan Mandaric said he was equally pleased with the capture.

He added: "I am delighted that we have attracted a player of Carl's calibre to the club.

"He met the sole criteria of what this club is all about."

Cort arrives at the Walkers Stadium on a free transfer, having been released by Wolves at the end of last season.

The striker began his career at Wimbledon as a teenager, and got his first taste of league football through a loan spell with Lincoln City. After a successful period at Sincil Bank, he made his debut for the Dons in their 2-0 Premiership home defeat to Aston Villa at the back end of the 1996-97 campaign, before making his real breakthrough to the first team the following season.

Cort ended the 1997-98 season with five goals to his name from 29 appearances. All in all the Southwark-born striker would make 54 league starts in a Wimbledon shirt, scoring on 16 occasions.

A £7 million move to Newcastle followed, with Cort scoring on his home debut against Derby County. But a frustrating run of injuries restricted the player to 22 starts during his time at St James' Park.

After four years on Tyneside, Cort moved to Wolves for £2 million in January 2004, and went on to score 31 goals from 94 appearances during his three-year spell with the Molineux club.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

not sure about this the jury is still out...but fox58 said he averaged a goal every 3 games at wolves which isnt bad :102:

not sure about this the jury is still out...but fox58 said he averaged a goal every 3 games at wolves which isnt bad :102:

He only played 3 games. :081:

I have a good feeling about this one though.

You can dress it up all you like,another Freemans,past it,knackered,awful signing IMO but I shall support him none the less..''Major Transfer Coup'' ? :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

You can dress it up all you like,another Freemans,past it,knackered,awful signing IMO but I shall support him none the less..''Major Transfer Coup'' ? :icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:
Never rated him when he was 100% fit either

Last edited:
Next!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675